1. Post #1

January 2012
    66 Posts
    I want to get my friend Garry's mod, and whatever else he needs such as CS:S, and TF2. Should I also buy HL2? Or does it already come with it (gmod)?
    Also what would be the cheapest way to get him this, WITHOUT pirating or doing some illegal crap.
    ALSOalso Is it good that I'm only giving him GMod, TF2, CS:S, and HL2, or more? (or even less)
    Sorry if this is alittle much, but he birthday party already got canceled so I want to give him something.
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

2. Post #2
    (Banned Depressed user.
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,828 Posts
    Saying that it's his Birthday, Buy him the Orange box. it's cheaper than buying HL2, The episodes, and CS:S One by one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

January 2012
    66 Posts
    I was really wondering If I should even buy him HL2, I mean doesn't the HL2 stuff already come with GMod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,778 Posts
    No, you need HL2 for GMod as Garry's mod is a MOD. It is not standalone and it won't work without them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,872 Posts
    Don't listen to that guy. All your friend needs to enjoy GMod is CSS and GMod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #6

January 2012
    66 Posts
    Okay thanks, so I will send him Gmod + css combo later. Thanks again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    ASK ME ABOUT MY SAM 6420 FETISH
    July 2011
    691 Posts
    EP2 content is used a lot in gmod too, just sayin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,312 Posts
    Orange box would be good, but the CSS and GMOD combo works nicely in this situation, good luck and tell him i wish him a happy birthday! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,609 Posts
    happy birthday to your friend. also I wish I had friends who gave me games on Steam for my birthdays.

.. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    happy birthday to your friend. also I wish I had friends who gave me games on Steam for my birthdays.
    .. :smith:
    You could always add him and befriend him?

11. Post #11
    January 2012
    1,942 Posts
    I'd say get GMod, CS:S, and L4D2. They offer the best GMod props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,651 Posts
    Not L4D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,365 Posts
    TF2 is free, but don't forget to tell him to download it. Also there are plenty of mods that garrys mod support that doesn't need hl2. Tell your friend to download these mods and mount: Dystopia, Zombie Panic Source, D.I.P.R.I.P, Age of chivalry, Pirates vikings and knights and thats about it. Also if you wan't minor hl2 content I would also suggest HL2:DM, its only 5.00$.

14. Post #14
    BIT.TRIP Presents: the longest title ever
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    I say buy him The Orange Box With CSS+Gmod, Or my favorite, CSS, Portal, And Gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    I like to ass rape little boys. I send the videos to my mother.

February 2012
    115 Posts
    I would give him a hug and stick a paper on his back saying "check steam for your present", and when he asks you, where is my present, say, on your back! :D

Then bake him a cookie with a smile!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,573 Posts
    If your friend really gets into it, tell him to buy the OB (if he has money). I think by the sounds of it he'll be better with CSS + GMOD for now, 2 great games in one good bundle.

Happy Birthday to your friend by the way