1. Post #1
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    OH MAN, OH MAN. ITS BACK.
    FIFA 13 was released today in Europe for non early access clients. Anyone who's been playing since FIFA 11 got at least 5 packs for their UT and already I have seen complete Spain teams. I guess this calls for a time of FIFA REVAMP in Facepunch!

A new online game mode in FIFA 12 13 is the Head to Head Seasons mode which acts a lot like the leagues that exist in real football. You're pitted against players of similar skill level and as you progress through games, you are awarded points which determine whether you'll be moving up to a better division, staying in your current one, or perhaps even being relegated to a lower division. You also have the option of playing cup matches. It can get very tough to continually advance through divisions and win such heavily contested games, but a few tips and know-how here will set you along the right path.

Teams
    You can choose to play as any team in the game, and similarly, you could be pitted against any other team in the game provided that their ratings are near to equal and your opponent's skill level is similar to yours. I personally prefer to stay with Manchester United as they're both my favorite team and a very strong team. I do resort to one of the big three if I really need a win: Barcelona, Real Madrid, or AC Milan. They're undoubtedly the strongest teams to play with, so keep that in mind if you really need the three points.

At the beginning of each season in a division, you are given a goal of points you much reach in order to advance to the next division, along with a set amount of points you must surpass in order to not be relegated. You are awarded 3 points for a win, a single point for a draw, and you'll get nothing for a loss. This creates a similar feeling to actually watching a domestic league such as a Premier League in which draws are very much accepted, as long as you're coming away with at least a point.

Cup Matches
    EA releases cup tournaments every few days, and you have a set window of time to complete that tournament. They have a significant effect on your ranking and give a lot of experience points, not to mention being very fun!

Leaderboards
    EA have incorporated a leaderboard into pretty much everything online now, allowing you to compare yourself with your friends and the world. It's pretty interesting to look at and might give you a good idea of why you can't get out of Division 9, as that division holds more players than any other one. The competition's pretty tough.

FIFA Ultimate Team is an add-on to the recent FIFA games and is really popular amongst the majority FIFA players. In the actual add-on, players can purchase a pack of cards with the money in the game or out of game currencies such as Microsoft Points. Each pack contain a set of random players with their positions and formations, you can also acquire other material such as balls, kits and stadiums within the packs you buy. You can play football matches to acquire more coins to buy new players either on the auction house or buy purchasing more packs. You can also earn money by buying players at a bargain price on the auction house and selling them for more - A more effective way (And more costly way) to do this is called price locking where you buy all high demand players and sell them all for 1000 more, this might cost 100s of thousand or even millions, but this can also earn you even more.
    The team Chemistry effects how they play, a team with low chemistry will wonder offside more, out of position and won't receive passes as well. Teams with high chemistry will react well with their team mates and will get into positions to make runs more often. A bronze team with 100 chemistry will give a gold team with 30 chemistry a good run for their money and often beat them! The factors which affect chemistry are position, formation, nationality, league, club and manager
    Ultimate Team has recieved high rating for its creativity, live auctions occur where players outbid eachother on a material item from players to kits. Players can be changed related to real life transfers, like Fernando Torres transfered to Chelsea, he was immediatly changed to Chelsea, these changes can be useful for the chemistry part of the game. Alongside this, every week players who performed well in their respective leagues, FIFA mainly look at the main leagues like the English, French, German etc. FIFA issue IF (In Form) players whos stats are based on their real life performance that week- and are found in packs only in that week, making their prices premium. So if Emile Heskey were to score say 5 goals this week, FIFA would most likely release an IF version as long as there are no players that performed better than him, but of course in that week no-one would.

Currently we have a Pro Club on XBOX360 run by Rama214. The club is called Facepunch and frankly we just dominate.
    Rama214 as our RS with his impressive speed and finishing
    FPChris as our CAM with his ability to score, even out of the game
    FreddiRox as the LS with his small, slow striker with the ability to hit the cross bar or post everytime!!

You got FIFA and an Xbox don't be a square, join.

We need to make a new club for FIFA 13

The super cool dudes who play FIFA 13 - Xbox 3
    Urdnot Meatloaf
    freddiestedygo
    FacepunchChris
    MarcusMumford93
    John Mensah
    chrbrth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    "For I have dined on honey dew..."
    May 2010
    1,238 Posts
    i used to have this squad but i much prefer playing with silvers nowadays.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Who' that striker?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Who' that striker?
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic ofcourse.

5. Post #5
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    Career Mode is where it's at, 7 point lead in the SPL with Hibs and I've got AC Milan in the Champions League last 16.

6. Post #6
    BAR
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    443 Posts
    Currently 20 points ahead in nPower League 2 with Aldershot Town, got knocked out of the League cup in the second round to Newcastle, however just beat them in the quarter finals of the FA cup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    726 Posts

Currently I wait for TOTY Huntelaar and maybe TOTY Fuchs to complete my other team with TOTY Farfan and others.

8. Post #8
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Career Mode is where it's at, 7 point lead in the SPL with Hibs and I've got AC Milan in the Champions League last 16.
    But the Scottish Premier League is like npower. Champ English league.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,540 Posts
    Any of you people have it for PC? Up for some games?

Edited:

I'm trying to battle my way through Division 3 atm. Had straight promotions to get there, but currently sitting half way in this division.

10. Post #10
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Under your name it says you have xbox, why did you get it on PC? Fifa is the only game better on a console then PC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,546 Posts
    SPL is terrible. I just bought Hulk for Chelsea, he's destroying everything.

12. Post #12
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    But the Scottish Premier League is like npower. Champ English league.
    Championship > SPL

What can I say, I always go for a challenge in my career modes.

13. Post #13
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    My friend just casually posted "I just got messi in a pack" where over PSN he was more like "EA! EA! FUKC DFUUCIAAUSFU FUCICKKKJ FYES YES YES EA YEAS!!! YES EA DONT FUCK YES MESSI UJFUCNUNJUNUUNB- MOM I JUST GOT MESSI, DAD I JUST GOY FUCK IAMESSSI!" and then his dad told him to come of the Playstation because he was too loud - seriously though, like only 7 people have Messi on PSN, apparently you have more chance winning 1000 in the lottery then getting Messi.

14. Post #14
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    I never thought anybody would make a Fifa thread. I was going to but i expected lots of hate for it.. Just thought nobody on facepunch would play it to be honest.

Anyway's, Here is One of my ultimate team squads (Couldn't be bothered going on the web app)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    I expected lots of hate for it, but then again the people hating are going to be sweaty basement dwellers, why hate on something if it doesn't affect you?

16. Post #16
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    I expected lots of hate for it, but then again the people hating are going to be sweaty basement dwellers, why hate on something if it doesn't affect you?
    I am glad somebody finally made one. I play it nearly every day so its something I can actually post about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    726 Posts
    Playing Fifa is sometimes so much rage. Especially when this happens:

Or 20 chances 2 goal, the opponent 2 chances 2 goals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

18. Post #18
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    Just remembered that I sold some players on that serie A team and made it into a Italian national team. So here are some more recent screen-shots of my teams.

Main Squad: Brazilian National

Secondary Squad: Italian National

Edited:

There are literally No good Italian left Mids. I will probably sell this team

19. Post #19
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Want some KSI Army trolling?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjhl...&feature=inbox
    This guy was trying to be a big man on the internet so I said a simple "kil urself lole" and everyone flipped their shit ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    Want some KSI Army trolling?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjhl...&feature=inbox
    This guy was trying to be a big man on the internet so I said a simple "kil urself lole" and everyone flipped their shit ;)
    God, I hate people like that, People that act all clever when you are blatantly trolling, Anybody who is not an idiot can see that you are fucking with him. But no, He turned on "I am smart and you are dumb" Mode.

KSI is fucking amazing though

21. Post #21
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    Nice to see a fifa thread, this could be my new home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    12,041 Posts
    oh cool, glad there is a thread for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,844 Posts
    I can't play Ultimate Team for shit, I kept buying "used" silver players when my stepfather literally yelled at me: "NOOO what are you doing? You're going to need silver contracts for them!" Unfortunately, it was too late Any newcomer tips for it?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,356 Posts
    With all these ToTY cards coming out, should I get back into UT or wait till next year...

Thinking of working my way up through bronze to gold, hopefully get a Croatian squad.

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    Some early screens from FIFA13.

Apparently South American leagues will be featuring in 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Some early screens from FIFA13.

Apparently South American leagues will be featuring in 13.
    That looks beautiful

Also - I'm ashamedly proud of myself, these guys are dumb as fuck

Edited:

My favourite is the "Mr gay" one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,844 Posts
    Awww ye south american leagues!

28. Post #28
    February 2010
    16,390 Posts
    Awww ye south american leagues!
    Time to pilfer some of that talent!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    12,041 Posts
    im just gonna wait for fifa 13 now, really cba gettingn fifa 12 when it is still 30 quid and its only 5 months untill 13 comes out

30. Post #30
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Buy it second hand and then buy a key for like 5 or something. It's stil worth getting

31. Post #31
    February 2011
    455 Posts
    HOW THE HELL DO ENEMY ATTACKERS ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE 2 OR MORE OPEN PLAYERS TO PASS TO!!!!!

ITS BULLSHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Hit A or X to lure your player to them, about half way, switch players and run in hitting B or Circle straight away - Its the best 2 on 1 tackling move because if you miss, the enemy player slows down and the player getting lured incepts it; You could also just do what I do when there are open players and rapidly hit LB moving my player to the open men and sort of micro managing my defenders

Edited:

Also if you know anyone else playing Fifa tell them about this thread, because it shall be lively one day.

33. Post #33
    May 2010
    1,238 Posts
    Does anyone else here do skills? i find them way to addictive i constantly do the roulette, ronaldo chop, mcgeady spin,advanced rainbow and stepovers.

its pretty pointless though when the opponent can just hold A.

also if you guys want to mock up an ultimate team squad or it you want to check a players stats head on over to www.futhead.com the website is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    Awesome website, yeah I don't tend to do skills much but to beat slow strong defenders I always roulette.

Also 5, 1 point from promotion to division six - Its 2-1 to him at 88 minutes because he scored to extremely lucky bounces from the keeper, then it get serious. Its kick off, I go attacking, sub some finishers on and rape him so its 2-2. Then I try the same tactic again and he just abuses a gap in my defence and slams it again, off the keeper. 2 minutes of injury time left, I run up with Parr and fake shot the keeper and roll it to the bottom corner. the next couple of mintunes consited of pelvic thrusting and dancing - I know its just division 6, but I have never been higher then 3 (I used to play on my friends account who is division 4 or 3 just floating). I'm moving on up - My quest is to get to division 3

35. Post #35
    May 2010
    1,238 Posts
    thought you guys might like this goal i scored a few months ago with pato, i love scoring crazy longshots.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/114756977

the keeper was saving literally everything, so after that i was like "save that you bastard..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    152 Posts
    Hah, finally a thread for this.
    Not that I have an Ultimate Team to post at the moment because I sort of sold everybody anticipating everyone going down in price because of all of these TOTYs.

Have they actually announced which leagues they're going to do TOTYs for? Assuming it'll just be the big ones, La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga? Maybe Ligue 1?

Also when making a team I'll usually use ultimatedb.nl, I just find it a bit simpler to use that futhead, quicker to choose filters etc.

37. Post #37
    Sadboys2001
    June 2011
    1,065 Posts
    Here are two goals From me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    5,166 Posts
    FUT is so much harder then H2H seasons. I lose like every game in FUT and I have quiet a good team, but EA sucks Englands cock so hard regardless of them being bronze, they still rape.

39. Post #39
    March 2009
    271 Posts
    Anyone play Pro Clubs with their Virtual Pros? It is quite fun with some bros

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    152 Posts
    I've tried but we are just so shit at it, everybody's so uncoordinated and when somebody fucks up they don't hear the end of it.
    So yeah I'd agree it's pretty fun.