1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,308 Posts
    I released this just 30 minutes ago and to give it more attention I figured I'd let Facepunch know!

Square One is my first EP ever made. It features dubstep, drumstep, fast-paced dubstep and melodic dubstep. It took me about 2 months to fully compose it.

I hope everyone enjoys it! I've released it on Bandcamp for $3.50... Figured I'd try to make a little bit of money off of it.

Anyways, without further ado, here she is!

Concept:

Procedure:

Flow:

Troubleshoot:

Accomplishment:

Some of the tracks on the SoundCloud versions sound different (remastered after uploading to S.C.) than the album ones. The album ones sound
    much better in my opinion...

Here are some pages in which you can learn more about me:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theofficialbullseye
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TheBullseye44
    SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/bull04

Here is where you can purchase Square One (includes "Paralysis" as a bonus track when purchased as an album):

http://bullseye.bandcamp.com/

Thanks all for listening and what not. It means a lot just to listen to the music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2011
    1,458 Posts
    Listening now...

I enjoyed listening to the first track, but I got the feeling everything was panned to the centre. That's a shame because I heard a few instances where panning would have made the song way better in my opinion. Loved how melodic it was though.
    Also, try switching up the sounds a bit. I think all of your drums are indistinguishable from each other right now and I would really love to hear some more abstract percussion in there. Same for the synths. Don't always use that sawblade/square wave synth sound. Try to get some more subtle sounds out of the synths instead of always allowing them to take centre stage maybe?

All in all, I think the EP needs more variety from track to track, and some experimentation with the sounds you are making along with more panning, but other than that, I feel these are some nice melodic, upbeat tracks.
    Congratulations on your first EP also!

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,308 Posts
    Listening now...

I enjoyed listening to the first track, but I got the feeling everything was panned to the centre. That's a shame because I heard a few instances where panning would have made the song way better in my opinion. Loved how melodic it was though.
    Also, try switching up the sounds a bit. I think all of your drums are indistinguishable from each other right now and I would really love to hear some more abstract percussion in there. Same for the synths. Don't always use that sawblade/square wave synth sound. Try to get some more subtle sounds out of the synths instead of always allowing them to take centre stage maybe?

All in all, I think the EP needs more variety from track to track, and some experimentation with the sounds you are making along with more panning, but other than that, I feel these are some nice melodic, upbeat tracks.
    Congratulations on your first EP also!
    Thank you for that :). It wasn't until the end of production on Troubleshoot that I was actually able to get hold of a Vengeance sample pack or any better VST's for that matter. But I obtained them before Accomplishment was started. That's why that track has more variety of sounds and drums than any of the others.

As for the panning thing, same thing as above applies. It wasn't until I finished Flow that I figured everything sorta sounded the same and wasn't depthy(?) enough. So I went online and spent like 6 hours watching tutorials on mastering and panning and what not and was able to implement that into Accomplishment (hence it being my favorite track on the EP, it was because I learned TONS of new things before starting development on it.)

Anyways, thank you very much for the criticism on the EP. I'll be sure to take everything you've told into account and hopefully implement that into my future tracks :).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,688 Posts
    I thought your music is pretty fucking good, you have so much more potential to make something else than dubstep man.

I'd consider start turning your stuff into progressive house, because if you redid these songs without the silly dubstep parts, it'd get you noticed pretty quick.

But I'm not going to be that negative, because I really enjoyed listening to them, not only because they sound good, because it's nice to see some effort in music once in a while.

Overall, good job, but just try something else than dubstep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    I thought your music is pretty fucking good, you have so much more potential to make something else than dubstep man.

I'd consider start turning your stuff into progressive house, because if you redid these songs without the silly dubstep parts, it'd get you noticed pretty quick.

But I'm not going to be that negative, because I really enjoyed listening to them, not only because they sound good, because it's nice to see some effort in music once in a while.

This, it seems like you've basically mastered everything in a solid manner, aside from the dubstep drop synths. Definitely think a sort of progressive house style would work a lot better than trying to incorporate the "weak" sounding dubstep synths and shit. That, or just keep on working on the drops, I know how hard those can be...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,308 Posts

Thank you! It means a lot. It's funny you say that, because I actually said this may be the only EP with all dubstep. I definitely want to do house because house is fucking awesome. Same with electro.

Once again thank you so much for the kind words.

This, it seems like you've basically mastered everything in a solid manner, aside from the dubstep drop synths. Definitely think a sort of progressive house style would work a lot better than trying to incorporate the "weak" sounding dubstep synths and shit. That, or just keep on working on the drops, I know how hard those can be...
    Ugh, tell me about it. Drops are really hard to make! But thank you for the other words! Progressive house sounds like a VERY fun project to start.

7. Post #7
    FABULOUS
    December 2010
    1,567 Posts
    Really loving the Accomplishment track.

If I can dig up $3.50 I'll definitely support or just buy the Accomplishment track.
    Keep up the good work!

Sadly I am no music mastermind so I cannot give you any technical feedback but I can say it sounds good in my ears.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,308 Posts
    Really loving the Accomplishment track.

If I can dig up $3.50 I'll definitely support or just buy the Accomplishment track.
    Keep up the good work!

Sadly I am no music mastermind so I cannot give you any technical feedback but I can say it sounds good in my ears.   
    Thank you sir! Means a lot that you like the music :).