1. Post #1
    Suidobashi Heavy Industry (an impressive name for what is in reality a small group of dedicated giant robot afficionados), is in the process of building the first 3.8 meter (12 ft 5 inch) tall, 4,500 kg (4.9 ton) single-occupant mecha. The ambitious group is made up of Kogoro Kurata (production), Wataru Yoshizaki (control circuitry), and Yusuke Kitani. They’ve opted for V-SIDO software to handle the mecha’s master-slave controls (developed by Asura Engineering), and plan to have the mecha, named Vaudeville, fully operational by the end of this year.
    As you can see in the photos Vaudeville is supported by four legs, each ending in a wheel. The software will combine a smartphone, master-slave handle bars (for the arms), and a Microsoft Kinect sensor, allowing the pilot to rotate the cockpit (presumably with his head movement). Furthermore, the group claims it will sell the savage beast with optional water gun, camo paint job, and so on to suit your personal needs. You can see more photos and watch some crazy work-in-progress videos, including its giant hand crushing a box, after the break.
    One thing’s for sure; the fact its arms are too short for practical use won’t prevent Vaudeville from impressing crowds where ever it goes. You can follow the project’s development at its official Facebook page and Twitter (though it doesn’t look like they’ve updated much).

Well damn

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 253Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    April 2011
    2,634 Posts
    OP posted:
    optional water gun,
    Damn. It would be cooler if it was capable of shooting actual rounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 76Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    14,298 Posts
    Welp, that's it, it's all over. Start openly deploying the anti-mech measures, we're going to need them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2011
    2,426 Posts
    One step further, in getting Iron Man, for real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

5. Post #5
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    12,617 Posts
    Fuckin' sweet is the only way to describe this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    Please dont be a hoax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,453 Posts
    THIS IS SO AWESOME

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 88Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2007
    1,005 Posts
    Metal.. Gear! It can't be!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 33Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,758 Posts
    Well that's it we're all fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    10,762 Posts
    I wanna see it fight angels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2010
    3,734 Posts
    combine this with Jaimie Mantzels spider robot mechanics and yes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    19,617 Posts
    We should really start taking exo skeletons to the next level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 46Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2007
    753 Posts
    You think he'll get it road legal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,864 Posts
    It looks awesome. I hope they manage to complete it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    So, where's the mounting points for PPC's and rocket launchers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,341 Posts
    WE ALL KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN SOME DAY!

but god damn, YES!
    finally i might get to see a mech in my lifetime

17. Post #17
    November 2011
    13 Posts
    Thread music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    20,212 Posts
    I like how some YouTube comments are all negative about it since it uses the iPhone.
    "itl break down cuz of iphone ;p"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 43Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    13,715 Posts
    I like how some YouTube comments are all negative about it since it uses the iPhone.
    "itl break down cuz of iphone ;p"
    nobody tell faze
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 43Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,309 Posts
    This is so awesome.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,088 Posts
    Is it just me or does the head look rather geth reminiscent?

22. Post #22
    GET OUT OF OUR CODE YOU FILTHY HACKERS 8-) BITCHES
    July 2009
    3,697 Posts
    these people are now my heroes

23. Post #23
    July 2009
    4,351 Posts

Father?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 42Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    6,085 Posts
    We have reached consensus - this is, as organics would state, "awesome".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    It begins!...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree x 12Dumb x 6Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2009
    17,072 Posts
    It begins!...

Screw that.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 27Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    13,957 Posts
    i now have the urge to play MechWarrior
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    May 2010
    10,607 Posts
    It begins!...

i never got how people got past the cock cockpit

i mean it's a fucking robodick

A robodick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Screw that.

EVA's aren't as good as an orbital frame. You can travel through space with them, simply fly, you have a shitload of weapons with you and you don't need a power cable.

You also wont get shit trying to take over your mech.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Welp, that's it, it's all over. Start openly deploying the anti-mech measures, we're going to need them.
    No, not really. Maybe if we'd have discovered the possibilities of legged tanks instead of tracked ones back in 1915, and then spent the next couple of centuries perfecting them.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2010
    7,123 Posts
    Reminds me of

from Avatar. They were fucking awesome IMO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    13,848 Posts
    I only buy American:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 73Winner Winner x 19Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    20,212 Posts
    I only buy American:
    "Made in China"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 34Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    13,848 Posts
    "Made in China"
    Was more talking about the show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Was more talking about the show.
    It's too late, only regrets from here on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2009
    17,072 Posts
    EVA's aren't as good as an orbital frame. You can travel through space with them, simply fly, you have a shitload of weapons with you and you don't need a power cable.

You also wont get shit trying to take over your mech.
    But Evas are    Gods.    And actually after the    bindings would break, it might be able to fly.   

Additionally, it could without any problems travel through space, judging from what happens in End of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    i never got how people got past the cock cockpit

i mean it's a fucking robodick

A robodick
    I don't really mind it.
    But when you see it flying on cutscenes...

Edited:

But Evas are    Gods.    And actually after the    bindings would break, it might be able to fly.   

Additionally, it could without any problems travel through space, judging from what happens in End of.
    Best about them was berserker mode.
    Dayum that gore!
    But they weren't exactly mechs, were they?...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    November 2010
    2,465 Posts
    They'll eventually add a railgun capable of firing nuclear payloads. It's only a matter of time.
    Also, it looks like they're developing it as an anti-Snake weapon from the very beginning:
    You can see more photos and watch some crazy work-in-progress videos, including its giant hand crushing a box, after the break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2010
    2,366 Posts

i want to believe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

40. Post #40
    Fire Fucker
    March 2011
    2,402 Posts

Online!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)