Yes, this is another one of my old SWEPs remade for gmod 10. But this SWEP works almost entirely differently. Anyways, here it is:
Upon picking up the pherepod, a surge of strange and evil power rushes through you...
The sky becomes blocked by a thunderstorm, but this is no ordinary storm.
You now have the power to do four things:
Raise Zombies from the dead
Drain their life away
And call down evil lightning
Primary Fire: Raise zombies from nearby corpses (or any humanoid ragdolls)
One thing I forgot to mention: In case of headcrabs, primary fire possesses them to your side.
Pros: Somewhat long range, allows for almost limitless reanimation or fallen zombies or allies
Cons: Raised zombies are neutral towards other zombies and players
Secondary Fire: Tell your zombies to move where you're looking, or, if you're looking at an NPC or player, tell them to attack it. You can even make them attack eachother!
Pros: Allows for easy control of zombies, and for attacking other zombies and players that zombies would normally ignore
Cons: Slow rate of fire; zombies can't go everywhere or very quickly
Reload: Call down evil lightning to where you're looking. Anything within a small radius of the lightning will probably be killed
Pros: Highly damaging, allows more zombies to be raised
Cons: Wastes possible life siphon victims, friendly fire can be deadly
Use: Drain the life force out of anything you're looking at (and that's close enough). You can drain life until your hitpoints are 500.
Pros: Allows you to go above health cap
Cons: You can only suck as much health as the target has, the target can attack you while you drain, health resets to 100 when the weapon is holstered
:siren:THE NEW DOWNLOAD:siren:
By Wombo194, fixes some things.
BEFORE DOWNLOADING PLEASE READ:
- To reduce the storm's size, go to the top of the script and find the variable called 'opt'. It defaults at 2, change to 0 to remove the storm entirely. It is a multiplier, so be careful!
- To use the reload function, you must hold it down until the lightning strikes. I've been getting some confusion with this.
- You must raise zombies from ragdolls, you can't just spawn them then and there.
- The lightning storm will fog up the place if you're inside a building. I kind of did this on purpose, but it lags. (very frequent, but negligible)
- Sometimes your evil light aura doesn't get removed when holstering the weapon. (sometimes occurs, very annoying)
- Storm position can get messed up (rarely happens, but it's annoying and ugly)
- Zombies can turn against you (very rare, only happened once to me, but very bad)
- Lightning positions get messed up (only in maps with small skyboxes)
- Storm lags when you look right at it
- Antlion guards cannot die from the life siphon (They don't lose health, you just gain health)
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ
1. OPEN "13040_zombielord.zip" (name may be different for you)
2. OPEN "zombielord" folder (This is NOT an addon)
3. EXTRACT "lua" FOLDER TO YOUR "Valve/Steam/SteamApps/<steam name>/garrysmod/garrysmod/" DIRECTORY
4. ADJUST "opt" VARIABLE AT THE TOP OF THE "lua/weapons/weapon_zombielord/shared.lua" FILE TO YOUR LIKING.
5. Start a server and let the destruction begin!