1. Post #1
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    [release][tab]Name:[/tab] PMod
    [tab]Version:[/tab] 4.0 - <2008>
    [tab]Description:[/tab] A script to allow the player to add player models to his/her leisure.
    [tab]Requirements:[/tab] GarrysMod 10
    [/release]

[release]
    :siren:Latest Updates
    *August 20, 2009
    PMod is now officially on Garrysmod.org: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76776
    Too bad within a few hours it was reported and deleted. So how can it be on Garrysmod.org then?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *April 16, 2008
    -I got around to fixing the script to ignore the rest of the loose CSS, DoDs and Portal models/animations that weren't fit for Gmod player models.

Here's a snip of those ignored models:
    // Ignoring CSS 
    tIgnore["ct_gign"] = true;
    tIgnore["ct_sas"] = true;
    tIgnore["ct_urban"] = true;
    tIgnore["ct_gsg9"] = true;
    tIgnore["t_guerilla"] = true;
    tIgnore["t_leet"] = true;
    tIgnore["t_phoenix"] = true;
    tIgnore["t_arctic"] = true;
    tIgnore["hostage_01"] = true;
    tIgnore["hostage_02"] = true;
    tIgnore["hostage_03"] = true;
    tIgnore["hostage_04"] = true;
    tIgnore["counterterrorist"] = true;
    // Ignoring DOD 
    tIgnore["american_assault"] = true;
    tIgnore["american_mg"] = true;
    tIgnore["american_rifleman"] = true;
    tIgnore["american_rocket"] = true;
    tIgnore["american_sniper"] = true;
    tIgnore["american_support"] = true;
    tIgnore["german_assault"] = true;
    tIgnore["german_mg"] = true;
    tIgnore["german_rifleman"] = true;
    tIgnore["german_rocket"] = true;
    tIgnore["german_sniper"] = true;
    tIgnore["german_support"] = true;
    tIgnore["dod_player_shared"] = true;
    // Ignoring TF2
    tIgnore["demo"] = true;
    tIgnore["engineer"] = true;
    tIgnore["heavy"] = true;
    tIgnore["medic"] = true;
    tIgnore["pyro"] = true;
    tIgnore["scout"] = true;
    tIgnore["sniper"] = true;
    tIgnore["soldier"] = true;
    tIgnore["spy"] = true;
    // Ignoring Portal
    tIgnore["chell"] = true;
    // Other
    tIgnore["player_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["male_gestures"] = true;
    tIgnore["male_postures"] = true;
    tIgnore["male_anims"] = true;
    tIgnore["male_shared"] = true;
    tIgnore["male_ss"] = true;
    tIgnore["female_gestures"] = true;
    tIgnore["female_postures"] = true;
    tIgnore["female_anims"] = true;
    tIgnore["female_shared"] = true;
    tIgnore["female_ss"] = true;
    tIgnore["ak_anims_ct"] = true;
    tIgnore["ak_anims_t"] = true;
    tIgnore["cs_player_shared"] = true;
    tIgnore["chell_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["medic_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["soldier_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["sniper_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["pyro_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["spy_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["heavy_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["demo_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["scout_animations"] = true;
    tIgnore["engineer_animations"] = true;

Without these being ignored the player menu would be littered with models you can't really play as. You'd simply be a model with no animations or nothing at all.

keep in mind Dr.Magnussan, and those few CSS models found hidden in the last gmod update still get added to the list and work fine aside from the "1337" model.

If you have Orange Box (Meaning you have Half-life 2, and/or Episodes 1&2) you will have multiple of some models but they still work. For example a Charples models and a Charple01 model. I could ignore one of them but that wouldn't work for Kliener who has a multiple of the same syntax which would result in blocking him entirely. If anyone was ideas about how to sort this out and/or how to possibly set the list of models to be in Alphabetical order to organize it a bit would be much appreciated.

Update your PMod SVN to see these changes.
    *August 12, 2008
    -Thread has been moved and unlocked!
    We are back in business!
    *April 13, 2008
    -It has been brought to my attention that I "made crap up" about the CSS, TF2, and DoDs models having bad animations. I guess that's what I get for dumbing down explanations for all the 12 year olds here on the forums. I apologize that my explanations were not 100% correct. It's not like I claimed I wasn't good at hexing models or anything.

Here is the better explanation:
    DarkNovaClan posted:
    -CS:S & DOD, these models have some buggy weapon animations because valve added a Null bone to HL2 models that they use in there weapon attachments (pistol, shotgun etc.).. CS:S and DOD are missing this bone... the gmod animations can easily hexed into the models..

-TF2, the same problems above apply here too, but on top that off, valve no longer uses the ValveBiped.Biped bone structure instead they have a simple Biped bone structure... this can be fixed but is it not %100 that the models will respond well to HL2 Anims
    This guy has already done some of the CSS models and I think he's done a terrific job. In fact I hope he does all those other player models from those games. If anyone has questions about hexing models and how to do a good job by all means stop asking me and ask him. -not sarcasm
    *January 31, 2008
    -Can you believe it works now? One problem, We're at ground Zero with the models. I do have some working nice, I just want to do one last bug run on them and I'll upload them in packs on garrysmod.org and link them here so YOU can decide which ones YOU want.

-Right now I will give you the SVN for the Script. If you ask for a garrysmod.org upload it will not be done because the Script needs modified whenever there is an update to gmod or something. If we get the TF2 or other Source models working we will need to modify the script for them as well. Get my drift? SO DON'T GO BEHIND MY BACK AND UPLOAD THIS ANYWHERE!

-One update for Steinmann:
    DoDs models redone and now work with Gmod as playermodels with PMod. One problem left is with some of the weapons. Seems to be a real hassle. Still working on it though.

:siren:Here's the SVN: https://opensvn.csie.org/TRT_BETA/PMod/
    To use it correctly, go to your Garrysmod/addons folder and make a new folder, naming it "PMod". Then if you have a good svn client like Tortoise just right click the new folder you just made and go to "CheckOut". Then input the Repository Url I just gave you above. It should take a few seconds to download but be sure to update it once in a while by right clicking the folder and clicking "Update SVN". If I have to hold your hand any more, then you are a moron.
    *January 18, 2008
    -The update is out and PMod is broken. Here we go again, right? No worries, Mr. Solid is on it. I'm thinking this is the perfect time to mention you should have removed your old PMod svn yesturday.

-Ok it's 10:30 Eastern right now where I am. We got scripts with PMod working now but then there's the new anims that are causing problems. Basically all previous models including CSS, DoD (and we even tried TF2 models) do not have anims and or have broken anims. We are currently trying to see if recompiling a model with the new anims will fix it but don't get your hopes up because regardless our number of player models just hit rock bottom so we're at it again, climbing that ladder till we get over this mess. So stay tuned, we will fix this thing quickly.

-I guess this also means I did all this model sorting for no dam reason. Owell, back to the draft board.
    [/release]
    [release]
    Install Guide/ReadME
    PMod 2008 (V4.2)
    Works with Garry's mod 2008

What it does: Searches for valid playermodels and then adds them to the playermodel menu.

Note:
    / begin boast
    no one has come close to this, if they release a playermod it can't possibly be this precise and flawless. They probably stole my code. :( I don't forgive thieves.
    /End boast

Install Guide:

The mod requires you to have the latest gmod, and Svn Client and to make two new folders in your garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder

Step 1: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads is a good place to get a decent svn client. If you have one, skip this step.

Step 2: If you do not have Pmod 2008 installed do this step, otherwise skip it. Make a new folder in your addons and name it "PMod", then right click and "SVN Checkout" the folder to the following repository url: "http://opensvn.csie.org/TRT_BETA/PMod/"

Step 3: Once that is done downloading make a new folder and name it PMod Models. If you've done this before and already have this folder skip this step.

Step 4: The Model Pack you downloaded that this ReadMe is in has the following inside it:
    materials/
    models/
    info.txt
    Copy those three things and paste them inside the
    PMod Models folder.

~Why do I have you do that? Well this way you download the PMod Models you want and then put them their so you can safely remove or move them at any time. Enjoy! :D

And maybe visit us at TeamLegit.com (We make it to break it, sometime's just for you!)
    [/release]

[release]

By Dark Spartan796

Available Playermodels

SWAT Model Pack:
    -still lack proper weapon animations like old CSS models did.

Freeman 1337 Model:

Combine TrenchCoat Model:

Cloud FF7 Advent Children Model:
    -Deleted by admins for some reason. If I ever get around to it I'll re upload it.

Zero Suit Samus
    by FluxMage
    Original thread:
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=584323

LSK has a really big Player model pack with PMod here:
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=543628
    [/release]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are by chance looking for a Download link or SVN than you cannot read or your just in denial that this mod has been broken by the update and is being fixed at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Nice one. You got my download! (and a gold star)

3. Post #3
    July 2006
    16 Posts
    Yes, nice findings Download and star!

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,484 Posts
    Spartan? You could have just said Master Chief..
    Also you asked for it.
    THIS IS SPARTA!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2007
    28 Posts
    FUCKING AWESOME!!! THANK YOU OMG.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Just asking but do i Install this as a addon?

7. Post #7
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    If it has an info.txt than that folder goes in the addons, so yes

PMod goes into

addons\

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,258 Posts
    Nice. Where can I get those skins in the background?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    Could you add the other zombie models? The fast and poison zombie and maybe stalker too :). If there was a decent "alien" model it would be cool. :D
    Good pack altogether. :D

10. Post #10

December 2006
    4 Posts
    awesome!

11. Post #11
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    biodude94566 posted:
    Nice. Where can I get those skins in the background?
    Well they aren't skins their models in which I totally support! If you make models like this I love you!

Heres some links for you, they don't have menus so just make one for them all like me.

NEXT

pvt.meh posted:
    Could you add the other zombie models? The fast and poison zombie and maybe stalker too :). If there was a decent "alien" model it would be cool. :D
    Good pack altogether. :D
    I could look into that but I was more or less asking if anyone had player models not included here that work so if you find such zombie or stalker player models let me know and they'll be added. I'd like to find working "shephard player models" to add them too. The ones at the following link don't work.

Bye the way i like the Cat bus picture you got going on from Totoro.

12. Post #12
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    I have working shepard playermodels, however i'm reskinning them and removing the bumpmaps.

13. Post #13
    February 2007
    10 Posts
    I added this and I can't start gmod. It just sends me an error message.

14. Post #14
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    BigMaster posted:
    I added this and I can't start gmod. It just sends me an error message.
    I have found that if you have "ANY" other player models installed your gmod will crash when you add another, so remove them and just add this.

Unless it has some this one doesn't, then just ask and I'll add them.

15. Post #15
    February 2007
    10 Posts
    I don't have any player model addons at all.

16. Post #16

March 2007
    6 Posts
    Yea nice one mate you are a really good THEIF get your own idea, i the sonic picture you have riped of my mod

my thread

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=303859
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2005
    106 Posts
    impulsenz2 posted:
    Yea nice one mate you are a really good THEIF get your own idea, i the sonic picture you have riped of my mod

my thread

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=303859
    Quiet you.

18. Post #18

March 2007
    5 Posts
    lol you theif impulsenz2 made that first lol sound like You need to move out of your mothers house, stop masturbating and get laid You worthles peice of life grow up and get your own ideas. You suck !!!

(User was banned for this post (Reason: Flaming. (in post "Re: 27+ PLAYER MODELS" by mikfoz)))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

March 2007
    6 Posts
    absolute0 posted:
    Quiet you.

what ? this guy has stole my mod and named it his own fuckig noob

(User was banned for this post (Reason: Flaming. (in post "" by mikfoz)))

20. Post #20

March 2007
    5 Posts
    lol Rockman more like cockman you are so origonal (NOT) nice to see that fags play gmod you homo

21. Post #21

April 2006
    8 Posts
    gmod10 crashes when this is in the addon folder.

22. Post #22

March 2007
    5 Posts
    Shadow LAG posted:
    lol it is because it is a stolen idea don't use it

23. Post #23

April 2006
    8 Posts
    Erm that's not a good answer. Because it's a stolen idea has nothing to do with its functionality. Also if these playermodels are in some "original" thread then please link me but other then that this mod is completely worthy. However this is crap unless someone fixes it.

24. Post #24

March 2007
    6 Posts
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...=303859&page=2

Edit:

I am going to release players v3 soon with lots of new player models

25. Post #25

March 2007
    5 Posts
    impulsenz2 posted:
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...=303859&page=2

Edit:

I am going to release players v3 soon with lots of new player models
    This is the origonal one not rockmans

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,303 Posts
    Maroa posted:
    This is the origonal one not rockmans
    Maroa, Thank you for joining Facepunch, But, DON'T BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE! Your early post is flaming, which is highly againsted the rules. As for the "stolen content" I will look into it.

27. Post #27

March 2007
    5 Posts
    Nick Nack posted:
    Maroa, Thank you for joining Facepunch, But, DON'T BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE! Your early post is flaming, which is highly againsted the rules. As for the "stolen content" I will look into it.
    STFU you peice of shit is that flaming enough for you, you cunt guzzling queen

(User was banned for this post (Reason: Troll. (in post "" by mikfoz)))

28. Post #28

March 2007
    6 Posts
    Nick Nack posted:
    I did not make any of the models just same of the vtf files and rockmanneo12 stole them with out asking and copyed my idea

( well not just my idea all he has done it download my mod and added his own models that he found to it)

all you have to do is look at the dates my one was first

29. Post #29
    February 2007
    14 Posts
    Shadow LAG posted:
    If anyone's Gmod Crashed when this is placed in tha addons,simple go to the info in the addon and change override to 0. and since this is off, the file in the lua/autorun folder(player_manager) and the file in the settings/menu/options(player.txt) Will not replace the current one that is already placed. So you must do this manually. I didn't have any other model pack that was collding with this one and it still didn't work so i simple did the above and i got it working. Cool addon by the way. It's also quite funny to see the above posts and the bans, looks like your really cleaning house Mikfoz.

You should also only have ONE player models addon.

30. Post #30
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    xXdeathXx posted:
    If anyone's Gmod Crashed when this is placed in tha addons,simple go to the info in the addon and change override to 0. and since this is off, the file in the lua/autorun folder(player_manager) and the file in the settings/menu/options(player.txt) Will not replace the current one that is already placed. So you must do this manually. I didn't have any other model pack that was collding with this one and it still didn't work so i simple did the above and i got it working. Cool addon by the way. It's also quite funny to see the above posts and the bans, looks like your really cleaning house Mikfoz.

You should also only have ONE player models addon.

yawn, good morning. I just got up and seen all the angry people who posted. :D

xXdeathXx - You got something there. See it only crashed for me when I joined other servers and if they have it till I did what you did. That and people need to make sure they only have one player models addon.

Now for those that hate me.

impulsenz2 posted:
    what ? this guy has stole my mod and named it his own ******* noob
    Well i knew this would happen but i didn't know you'd get banned for it. I'm going to talk straight to the moderators who are probably reading. I clearly stated I did not make the models and I DID not steal your mod impulse. Your mod:

Did not work completely correctly. It only had working Homer models, counterstrike models and the headcrab.(I can tell you right now there not yours ether) So what I first did was delete the sonic models in yours. Then I added Horv's spartan models along with Gordon Freeman. Next I downloaded Sonic models from an older post way before yours.

Megadudex states he didn't make them either he had only posted models which are slightly different than yours if you look at them through the SDK. I simply swapped them and it worked. So please don't flame me. No one has replyed to any of my e-mails asking for permission ok? I did not ask you impulse because I clearly know you were just as borrowing as I was in making a player mod. I did however "Forget" to change the menu you made.

*trips* yes i forgot but it seems everyone loves your menu so I didn't re release it without it. I myself like the bigger player model menu you did.

If the original owners of these model are reading please tell me if your mad and maybe we can work something out. And by 'tell me' I don't mean flame me in this post I mean private message me or something.

And I appologize again to everyone including the younger posters flaming up the place.

31. Post #31

March 2007
    6 Posts
    Well then if you did not steal my mod then why are MY custom picture in your mod

i made the sonic pictures in your mod you stole them with out asking you are a theif and v2 does have the sonic models

32. Post #32
    February 2007
    14 Posts
    impulsenz2 posted:
    Well then if you did not steal my mod then why are MY custom picture in your mod

i made the sonic pictures in your mod you stole them with out asking you are a theif and v2 does have the sonic models
    Wow first you get banned for flaming, then you come back and flame some more. That makes no sense at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33

March 2007
    6 Posts
    tha'ts not flaming go see maroa post that's flaming

34. Post #34
    September 2006
    12 Posts
    Thanks a lot for putting this together, Rockman. Finally, all of my favorite player models in one convenient package!

You win a Winner rating.

35. Post #35
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    impulsenz2 posted:

You should read my last post a little better. Your mod didn't work so i swapped the models with someone elses. I forgot to remove your pictures and...

rockmanneo12 posted:
    *trips* yes i forgot but it seems everyone loves your menu so I didn't re release it without it. I myself like the bigger player model menu you did.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    Let me state this right here, and now:
    NEVER, EVER, IN THE NAME OF GOD make a pack of your favorite mods.

37. Post #37
    March 2007
    228 Posts
    yuki posted:
    Let me state this right here, and now:
    NEVER, EVER, IN THE NAME OF GOD make a pack of your favorite mods.
    Who did? No one did. Think before you post please.

38. Post #38
    March 2007
    10 Posts
    Haha,this looks very useful! Thanks to both mmpulsenz2 and rockmanneo12!

39. Post #39

January 2007
    3 Posts
    it is not stolen unless he takes credit for everything.(he did not he just took some from yours and added a fix to his).
    i like this one better (spartans work).

40. Post #40
    March 2006
    52 Posts
    KrAzY_nikomo posted:
    Spartan? You could have just said Master Chief..
    Also you asked for it.
    THIS IS SPARTA!
    Tonight, we dine in hell.

Tomorrow? I'm thinkin' Arby's.