1. Post #1
    March 2008
    249 Posts
    Hi guys,
    I need some help!
    I just made my friend a birthday present - namely GMOD 10 - and we can't play! When we start a server the button "join game" is grey and when we search the server among the other servers it isn't there. We also tried Hamachi and to connect with the consol (we used our internet ip, hamachi ip and normal LAN ip).
    I really hope you guys can help me.
    Thanks

P.S. I hope there is nothing to complain about my English because I'm from Germany.

2. Post #2
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    First of all, are you tring to play over LAN or over the internet? If it's LAN you've got a problem I don't know how to solve, If you're playing online however...

I'm guessing one of you is trying to host a game, if so you have to rent a server, it will NOT work otherwise. If you want to avoid spending money (and it'd be a waste if it were only two of you allowed on), try joining an empty server, the bad thing about this is other people can join too, and more often than not they are total retards out to fuck your shit up. Another alternative would be to find a LAN Café with GMod, which are few and far between.

Hope it helped

3. Post #3
    March 2008
    249 Posts
    Yes Wuggles, you are right.
    We tried to host a game and join. So in GMOD 10 it isn't possible just to create a server with the "create server" button like in GMOD 9? That would be very annoying because I don't know any Internet Café with GMOD. But what is this with the LAN game? Couldn't we play over Hamachi?
    Thanks

4. Post #4
    July 2007
    2 Posts
    I'm not sure to be honest, I've never used Hamachi or played GMod over LAN, so I wouldn't know. If you just wanna mess around with your friend on GMod, just join an empty server, but if you're planning on doing something serious, your best bet would be renting a server, it's not that much, and allowing other sites to advertise on your server should pay for it.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,118 Posts
    I think you have to forward GMod's port in order for you to host a server.

6. Post #6
    June 2007
    12 Posts
    How do you forward ports in order to have your server to show up on a server list?

7. Post #7
    March 2008
    249 Posts
    Thanks guys for your quick replies! We're having a big LAN party today and we'll try to play over LAN there. If it works, we have to check our Hamachi settings. If it doesn't work, it must have something to do with Steam...
    Thanks!

8. Post #8
    March 2008
    249 Posts
    Ok guys,
    on the LAN party we were able to play but just over a crossover cable. When we were connected over the switch we both got "Invalid Steam User ID" whatever this is. But we played! So there must be a way to play over Hamachi. If someone knows this way, please post it.
    Thanks

9. Post #9
    November 2007
    4 Posts
    Just join a server with no one on it. You can play without paying and it will be a lot easier.

10. Post #10
    March 2008
    249 Posts
    But on such a server there are not the addons i want to use...

Edit:

Hey guys,
    we're now able to play over Hamachi. Guess what... I just had to deactivate my Windows Firewall... studid! But we can play! However, thank you for your replies!

11. Post #11

November 2008
    2 Posts
    I am having the same problem on gmod 10

Edit:

gmod 9 works fine

12. Post #12
    November 2008
    10 Posts
    hum try reinstaling it it mite help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2009
    59 Posts
    if you have download the game you cant i think so

by the way if you can play multiplayer whit the download game please sent my it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)