1. Post #1
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    Deleted. You will find that somewhere else.

2. Post #2
    November 2007
    1 Posts
    This will be perfect for roleplays, or even comics! Now we can finally have some realistic props for a change. All I can say is to work on the metal skin, maybe darken it up a bit.

3. Post #3
    November 2007
    1,161 Posts
    This is great!
    Maybe just add more colours because ..I Don't think it looks natural. you know, gray and black..

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts
    Maybe add some phong?

5. Post #5
    March 2008
    9 Posts
    These are wonderful. Have you thought about adding a sink? All kitchens need a sink.

6. Post #6
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    As soon as I have enough models I'll have a look at using "model-skins". I don't really know how to use them at the moment, but it'll be surely better the next time.

A sink? Thanks for this idea... I would have forgotten this ;)

7. Post #7
    May 2007
    4 Posts
    Looks good. like what feloix13 said, needs different or more colors

8. Post #8
    What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
    April 2007
    4,305 Posts
    This would be awesome if you added the functions, so you would be able to cook food you got from someone and store it.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    421 Posts
    Great!! Please make the doors and the bodies of the furniture seperate though. I think you could make some entities out of these.

10. Post #10
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    Well... this is a good idea, but I can't really code lua to make such an addon. If you know someone who can do this, please tell me :)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    421 Posts
    Cherubim posted:
    Well... this is a good idea, but I can't really code lua to make such an addon. If you know someone who can do this, please tell me :)
    Well, I could do that. I'm working on an items system right now and this would be ideal for containers that have functions such as cooking or preserving things.

EDIT:
    theJ89 posted:
    I think you could make some entities out of these.
    I didn't mean you specifically could make entities, I meant that somebody could make entities out of these models if the door and body of the model were seperate.

12. Post #12
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    @theJ89: Well... if you're already on a system like this, you have the permission to use my models. I just want to know about the status :)

13. Post #13
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    A Kitchen table and stool would be nice! And we need a deep fryer for our cheeseburgers and fries! NomNomNom!

14. Post #14
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    Oh...

My...

God...

This kicks so much ass!

15. Post #15
    December 2007
    104 Posts
    Make more please.

i want an entire furniture set

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    This is actually a very, very good idea. I am tired of seeing a family of 4 sitting on acouch that they got at a garage sale in Pripyat...

17. Post #17
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    I'm with you... that's why I make those models.

And by the way... interesting way you see it.

18. Post #18
    February 2008
    203 Posts
    Trinity2434 posted:
    These are wonderful. Have you thought about adding a sink? All kitchens need a sink.
    "Everything but the kitchen sink".

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    981 Posts
    MalkSticks posted:
    "Everything but the kitchen sink".
    1x + 1x = 1x

Now if only Garry would add that rating...lol

20. Post #20
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    I've updated the package. It has now a sink, an exhaust hoor or whatever you tell it and some small updates.
    It's on gmod.org now: ce_rp_003 Alpha.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    696 Posts
    Nice. Are there any servers out there running this? PS. Make the metal parts shine a little more, like real metal does.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    759 Posts
    Hmm, can you make it look a bit more natural?
    Like wood cabinets, maybe marble or granite counter tops?

23. Post #23
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,417 Posts
    Needs more skins.

24. Post #24
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    Well.. okay guys. I'll have a look at skinning.

...and if there are servers already using them, please tell me.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    I think that does it for the kitchen. Maybe you should make a good set of shelves and cabinets?

26. Post #26
    could you please make one for the bathroom please all the props for the bathroom are kinda crap

27. Post #27
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    UPDATE: Added some screenshots of my last work. Simple and not finished, but the main bodies are ready.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    143 Posts
    Awesome!

Now my apartments can have a proper kitchen!

Make more furniture/skins. :D

29. Post #29
    March 2008
    9 Posts
    Here is an issue I'm having and I'm wondering if anyone is having this. For some reason I only have 6 models showing under the menu for props. However all of the models are shown when you look under browse. I've tried removing the older version and then adding the new one and also replacing the new with the old without removing the old but the same thing happens. Any ideas?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    Cherubim posted:

You all know the old, dirty and most of the time not very good-looking furniture from Half-Life...

It's not that nice to play with those things, because who wants to sit on a couch which looks like it is used for centuries or use a pot on which you can see what the last ten times was cooked in it? Nobody likes that... okay, in some special times it really fits, but not the most of the time.

That's why I started to make my own model pack. I'm planning to create all those necessary and basic things which you need for creating a nice, good-looking apartment or house.

Finished models:

I am working on those models:
    [list]Some Bathroom models... I'm open for suggestions.[/list]

Release: Version 0.03 Alpha

Older Releases:

It would be nice to get a little feedback... I can take criticism, so feel free to write.

Yours, Cherub.

Thanks, dude. :)

31. Post #31
    Could you make like at set like with all the necessary object you will need in a home E.g bedroom, dinning room etc please and thanks

32. Post #32
    June 2007
    154 Posts
    This will be very very nice for any screenshots! Thanks!

33. Post #33
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    I would really recommend taking other pics, the huge contrast in those makes the objects look untextured or just as they have flat colours.

34. Post #34
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    Trinity2434 posted:
    Here is an issue I'm having and I'm wondering if anyone is having this. For some reason I only have 6 models showing under the menu for props. However all of the models are shown when you look under browse. I've tried removing the older version and then adding the new one and also replacing the new with the old without removing the old but the same thing happens. Any ideas?
    Yes, it's quite simple. Go to ...\garrysmod\garrysmod\settings\spawnlist and delete all .txt-files beginning with ce_furniture, so that the game will load them from the addons folder again.

striker453 posted:
    Could you make like at set like with all the necessary object you will need in a home E.g bedroom, dinning room etc please and thanks
    I'm going to make all those things... but I'm just at the beginning, so please be patient.

About the screenshots: I'm just searching for a map with some nice-looking houses/apartments. Guess I have to make my own one with clean textures, because this is the same problem: All the HL2 textures are dirty and old, exactly like the models.

35. Post #35
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    Also, they don't have smoothing groups? Sorry, but they look really ugly without any smoothing groups, I hope they all don't have that.

36. Post #36
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    PLing posted:
    Also, they don't have smoothing groups? Sorry, but they look really ugly without any smoothing groups, I hope they all don't have that.
    This will be fixed in the next release.

EDIT: The next release is out. Some fixes and the three new bathroom models.

37. Post #37
    February 2008
    15 Posts
    Keep making these. They're awesome!

38. Post #38
    November 2007
    91 Posts
    _Unrelented posted:
    Keep making these. They're awesome!
    Thanks, but I will make them better later. At first a simple collection is needed... later there I will make all those models more detailed.

39. Post #39
    March 2008
    1 Posts
    Could I mabey use this in a map?

40. Post #40
    March 2008
    9 Posts
    Thanks for the Fix it worked.

I like the bathroom models. One thing though. You probably know this but the sink doesn't want to stand up by itself and must be frozen/welded to stay up. Also, how about also making a bathtub. Keep up the great work!