Gold Member
    June 2006
    493 Posts
    [release][tab]Name:[/tab] RP_Downtown_V2

[tab]Version:[/tab] Deux

[tab]Description:[/tab] A Med Sized American Ghetto Industrial Map

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] HL2, CSS and a decent computer

[tab]Download:[/tab] http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=42006

[tab]VMF/Source Files:[/tab] http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=80494
    [/release]

Note: By downloading this and or looking in my general direction you agree not to steal content from me.

Note:
    My Steam Profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThePro
    My STEAMID - STEAM_0:1:11510371

Only believe something about the map/me when I say it.

If you would like to know how I did something, view the VMF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 24Mapping King x 11Artistic x 10Useful x 7Friendly x 3Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2005
    3 Posts
    Looks great! Glad to see a new public release of Downtown. Loved the old one. Hope that more servers start using it! Keep up the good work man. You've got my download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,242 Posts
    Do you have to quote the first fucking post? :argh:

Edit: Nevermind. You edited it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2005
    3 Posts
    Street_Wolf posted:
    Do you have to quote the first fucking post? :argh:

Edit: Nevermind. You edited it.
    Ya I realized that. I was in a bit of a hurry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    So this is what you have been up to. I will have to try this later.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,358 Posts
    Holy shit, I remember playing the original long ago, it looks more kickass than ever! Good job.

7. Post #7

June 2008
    1 Posts
    Looks sweet! I actually have a few questions for you. Would you mind adding me to xfire? m4rcown, or, aim, marrc50g.

Thanks!

(I don't know if that's against the rules or anything, but I was not permitted to send you PMs for some odd reason.)

8. Post #8
    April 2007
    63 Posts
    if you put it up on www.garrysmod.org i think you will find that more people will start using it

Love the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    493 Posts
    Gilgamesh_no posted:
    Looks sweet! I actually have a few questions for you. Would you mind adding me to xfire? m4rcown, or, aim, marrc50g.

Thanks!

(I don't know if that's against the rules or anything, but I was not permitted to send you PMs for some odd reason.)
    I have the PM glitch, Use Steam if you want to contact me.

mantorkel posted:
    if you put it up on www.garrysmod.org i think you will find that more people will start using it

Love the map.
    Yeah I forgot, thanks for reminding me

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    The Pro posted:
    That sewer looks pretty good, I may try something like that if you don't mind, all the sewer types I have been trying are not working out, so maybe a more open design and a different style of architecture would work.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,628 Posts
    It's just like the sewers out of HL2, didn't you see them?

Awesome map. :D YAYZ I saw it on garrysmod.org luckily.

12. Post #12
    September 2007
    6 Posts
    Wow. Friggin' amazing. I loved v1-1 because of the house with the pit and all of the detail you put into it. This looks 100% more promising and with great new RP ideas, such as the pawn shop. GO PRO!

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    493 Posts
    1 Duck posted:
    That sewer looks pretty good, I may try something like that if you don't mind, all the sewer types I have been trying are not working out, so maybe a more open design and a different style of architecture would work.
    Yep.
    I made another type of sewer, though I loved the idea of the HL2 style sewer with the triangular mezzanine and pale lighting so I went with that style and made something like it.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...rap/sewer1.jpg - Old
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...rap/sewer2.jpg - New

14. Post #14
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,703 Posts
    Your description for the upload was pure win. Also this map is pure win. So you get a mapping king!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    The Pro posted:
    Yep.
    I made another type of sewer, though I loved the idea of the HL2 style sewer with the triangular mezzanine and pale lighting so I went with that style and made something like it.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...rap/sewer1.jpg - Old
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...rap/sewer2.jpg - New
    Yeah, the curved ceilings give it that special architecture while making it look like a sewer still. I'll experiment.

16. Post #16
    October 2007
    236 Posts
    I will download it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2007
    204 Posts
    Glad there's a new release of Downtown, looks great!

18. Post #18
    July 2007
    8 Posts
    Very very nice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,086 Posts
    This is much smaller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    256 Posts
    Good ol' Shady Material.

Downloaded.

21. Post #21
    June 2008
    42 Posts
    cameleot posted:
    This is much smaller.
    Quite the opposite of that. It has more buildings and more room, but theirs also more open roads, giving the illusion of it being smaller.

22. Post #22
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    Looks amazing. Can't wait to explore it.

23. Post #23
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    Looks great, got my DL.

24. Post #24
    April 2007
    25 Posts
    I love you. Not in the homosexual way, that is.

Loved the first one and I will sure love this one as well. Downloading now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

25. Post #25

June 2007
    15 Posts
    Add watermelons and you have a real Ghetto
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

26. Post #26

June 2008
    1 Posts
    what program did u use to make this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2008
    10 Posts
    Nice. It's good to see a Role Playing Map that isn't dark and laggy.

28. Post #28
    June 2008
    1,060 Posts
    Love the map. I've found 1 problem though.
    I spawned at this spawn point, it was randomly placed in a wall.

I have more screen shots if you want them but I didn't want to make this page really long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    Question: Why lot of doors are locked?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,171 Posts
    I have the same problem as BBOOBBYY!. All of the doors are locked.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    493 Posts
    Black0ut posted:
    Love the map. Ive found 1 problem though.
    I spawned at this spawn point, it was randomly placed in a wall.
    It's the map orgin, all maps have one.

You spawn at it if the server you joined has really shitty specs or a bad connection to you.

Most Sub-Par RP servers usually with shitty scripting included have that issue, not my problem.

BBOOBBYY! posted:
    Question: Why lot of doors are locked?
    Because I don't want somebody messing up my place before I own it.

In New York City, even in the nice areas leaving your door unlocked can result in several expensive objects taking a field trip.

Now think of what would happen in the ghetto where this map is set if you left a door unlocked.

Fun Fact:
    In the old NYC before all the starbucks sipping mac using hipsters and young sex and the city wannabes moved in, Nearly all stores with anything of value had bulletproof glass and a little exchange slot for money/goods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #32
    Respected User
    September 2006
    2,503 Posts
    I like it. Big success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    May 2008
    149 Posts
    It's looks alot better, the original need alot more detail. Although i can't remember how many hours i wasted on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

May 2008
    1 Posts
    the first time i played this map it worked fne and now when i play it there is a whole bunch of misssing textures

35. Post #35
    March 2008
    405 Posts
    One of my favourite rp maps ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,230 Posts
    I love it, my only complaint is that I wish there was a little bit more, like maybe bridges on the roofs that you can knock down to connect. Also, I wish there was a few business like Cinimas and banks.

37. Post #37
    March 2008
    42 Posts
    rocketmen1 posted:
    what program did you use to make this
    It is made using hammer a free program inside source SDK witch you can download from steam in the tools section. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Snoberator
    January 2005
    5,527 Posts
    You should make the sun a bit brighter. And is it possible to make the shadows sharper?

39. Post #39
    July 2007
    14 Posts
    You know my babies?

Have them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    I would like to know if I could possibly open up the warehouse in the center, the one that guy above spawned in. With your permission, and decompiled map file, I'd like to try and make the warehouse. Please respond to me at -snip-.