1. Post #1
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    I've started making Piccolo Pete bombs five years ago and this year my bombs just aren't working anymore, is it just me or can anyone confirm that they changed the powder? I think it has been changed because last year I lit a small pile of powder on the floor and it made a big mushroom cloud of smoke, I tried that again this year and it makes a little fizz then dies out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    673 Posts
    Yeah dude, you didn't know? jeeze everybody knows.

3. Post #3
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    slbobo posted:
    Yeah dude, you didn't know? jeeze everybody knows.
    Can you prove it? Link? Source? Something?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    673 Posts
    No..

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    You make them yourself? What powder do you use? It's not as simple as "changing the powder", because if anything it would be YOU that is changing the powder because if powder companies kept changing their recipes they wouldn't be very reputable.

6. Post #6
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    Pvt. Ryan posted:
    you make them yourself? What powder do you use? It's not as simple as "changing the powder", because if anything it would be YOU that is changing the powder because if powder companies kept changing their recipes they wouldn't be very reputable.
    Well I remove the powder from the inside and I pile it up on a very small plastic bag and place it in the bottle, it looks like a bag of white powder just hanging from the bottle cap. So then I place the fuse through the hole I made in the bottle cap and screw it on tight, I light it and it makes a big boom. I know it's hard to understand but the point is I've been doing this for five years and I didn't change my technique and now all of the sudden it just doesn't work...

Also when the fuse is inserted it's inside the white powder.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    Pic posted:
    Well I remove the powder from the inside and I pile it up on a very small plastic bag and place it in the bottle, it looks like a bag of white powder just hanging from the bottle cap. So then I place the fuse through the hole I made in the bottle cap and screw it on tight, I light it and it makes a big boom. I know it's hard to understand but the point is I've been doing this for five years and I didn't change my technique and now all of the sudden it just doesn't work...

Also when the fuse is inserted it's inside the white powder.
    From the inside of what? None of us know what the fuck you are talking about, maybe you should expand on this brilliant subject of "piccolo petes"

8. Post #8
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    Pvt. Ryan posted:
    From the inside of what? None of us know what the fuck you are talking about, maybe you should expand on this brilliant subject of "piccolo petes"
    Hold on I'll draw a diagram...

Ok, these are piccolo petes:

This crudely drawn diagram represents a side view of the bomb when it's finished:

(The green is the fuse, the black is the cap, the brown is the powder in the bag, and the red is the bottle.)

9. Post #9
    January 2008
    20 Posts
    What are Picolo pete bombs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    IamStupid posted:
    What are Picolo pete bombs?
    I was gonna ask that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    128 Posts
    Well, what you want to do is figure out what powder you're using. Then look up if it changed. Or better yet, just google for a way to make them, and use the powder they use.

12. Post #12
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=J79tN682u2c

Edit:

Golden-Death posted:
    Well, what you want to do is figure out what powder you're using. Then look up if it changed. Or better yet, just google for a way to make them, and use the powder they use.
    I've tried Google for the type of powder and I had no luck, plus I know how to make them successfully so I assume the difference between last year and this year is the powder...

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,592 Posts
    I used to just lay them on their side, then step on them real hard to compress them flat(just the tube, not the base). Then if you did it right, you could just light them and they'd explode like an M80.

14. Post #14
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    cecilbdemodded posted:
    I used to just lay them on their side, then step on them real hard to compress them flat(just the tube, not the base). Then if you did it right, you could just light them and they'd explode like an M80.
    That also does not work anymore...

15. Post #15
    July 2005
    5 Posts
    I usually hit them with a hammer. Then they started cutting slices out of the tube so the explosion wouldn't be as large, and then they just started turning it more and more into a fountain. Instead of screaming for 5 seconds, it screams for 1 second and then starts spouting a bunch of sparks for 5 seconds.

All because of dumb people blowing themselves up.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    Pff

real OGs just stick one into a 2 liter bottle and run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2008
    169 Posts
    Piccolo Petes piss me off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2008
    11 Posts
    no you just suck at making the bombs
    JK lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    328 Posts
    Piccolo Petes are fireworks that scream and then burn out.

My brother and I also make bombs with them. Our method is to take off the base, hammer the bottom part to make the powder shakey, and then put it in a water bottle and tape it in there. Then drill a hole in the cap and stick the fuse through it.
    It works really well, in fact it blew a mailbox off of it's post hahaha that was great

Edit:

Did they really change the powder? :\

20. Post #20

October 2007
    17 Posts
    A Piccolo Pete "bomb" is simply just the flash powder (the main explosive powder inside it) inside of a container.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,020 Posts
    It sounds like the powder got wet, but I'm not an expert.

22. Post #22
    Pic
    November 2007
    18 Posts
    IpHa posted:
    It sounds like the powder got wet, but I'm not an expert.
    Can't be, I tried all six that were previously in a sealed container. Plus I made the bomb in a dry environment.

SolidMoos posted:
    Piccolo Petes are fireworks that scream and then burn out.

My brother and I also make bombs with them. Our method is to take off the base, hammer the bottom part to make the powder shakey, and then put it in a water bottle and tape it in there. Then drill a hole in the cap and stick the fuse through it.
    It works really well, in fact it blew a mailbox off of it's post hahaha that was great

Edit:

Did they really change the powder? :\
    Do me a huge favor and please go buy a box and try it yourself.

blah534 posted:
    A Piccolo Pete "bomb" is simply just the flash powder (the main explosive powder inside it) inside of a container.
    What's the powder really called?

23. Post #23

July 2008
    1 Posts
    I don't know if the powder changed I just started making bombs this year. I noticed that the powder has two different colors though on is grey and on is white so far I'm not making the usual bottle bomb but I'm making it so that it detonates by itself with those pop caps it took a few tries but i finally made a prototype.

As far as i know they didn't change the formula because I started this year.

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    March 2008
    27 Posts
    I've noticed this too, I used to take them apart, fill pop cans up with it, put the top of the can back on, then put something inside a hole, and it would like shoot 200 feet in the air, they don't do this anymore.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,446 Posts
    Fuck Piccolo Pete shit and get the real shit.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    735 Posts
    I heard they changed the powder like 2-3 years ago. :\
    Old news to me.
    I remember a few years ago my cousin made a few, and it kept setting some peoples car alarm off across the street.

27. Post #27

January 2010
    1 Posts
    Can't be, I tried all six that were previously in a sealed container. Plus I made the bomb in a dry environment.

Do me a huge favor and please go buy a box and try it yourself.

What's the powder really called?
    ok for all of you who think its flashpowder its not. the powder in the piccolo pete doesnt burn that fast. the powder in the piccolo pete is called potassium pechlorate. so yeah i dont think they changed the powder in the piccolo pete or else it wouldnt work anymore, hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    October 2009
    29 Posts
    Buy some of the cheap knock off ones, i got some screaming cats or somehting and its still legit flash powder they still work.
    HOWEVER the majority of your crotch stains are making them completely wrong. ive heard enough of all your steppin, and cutting bullshit. This brothers, is how you make a god damn piccolo pete bomb:

Pull of plastic piece.
    Wrap with electrical tape
    Pound with hammer untill soft
    Light fuse
    Stand back
    ??????????
    BOOM

If your one of those kids who just care how loud it is you can put it or tape it in any desired object, i.e. water bottle, bucket, cooler, anus, keg, cans. whatever.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,927 Posts
    I always just hammered the caution sign on a piccolo pete and near the end of its whistle it just blows up. Shit was good times.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,075 Posts
    Worked fine for me. I dismantled a few Piccolo Petes and made a small explosive device out of it. Made quite a bang. Similar to an M1000 or something of that nature.

Although my design is a little different. I do the same thing you do, but I use a small water bottle, and I tape it up. It actually made a bigger bang than years past. Although, I supplemented it with powder from a few firecrackers and taped it all up a little more heavily.