It's not a hack. It's a shell.Diaklu posted:
And the bruteforcer was not a hack?
Sorry for bump, but how is the work on this going?
This isn't even an engine, it just loads a god damn bsp. big whoop.
Awesome one year bump.
What's with all the bumps lately?
I like reading back. Seeing how null absolutely owned bladezor in the face
My last git commit was February 25, 2009. I currently have some uncommitted changes (I don't remember exactly what they were. Rewriting the 3D math routines in inline assembly [yet again], among other things).
The source code line count (as reported by sloccount) is currently 3496 lines (2885 core, 611 modules), although I remember it was significantly higher before I went back and started tearing out redundant code.
I haven't worked on it much lately for a few reasons:
1. I don't have a working OpenGL debugger. I was using BuGLe, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I've tried a few others, without success. All I need is some indication of where a certain problem occurs. OpenGL, of course, doesn't halt on errors, it just keeps running right along. If it would just crash or something, I'd at least know where to look.
3. I've been getting into electronics, and any programming I've done has been more focused on microcontrollers and whatnot. Less OpenGL, more soldering and assembly.
The first problem is the main issue. I don't see any way of solving these stupid bugs short of adding an "assert(glGetError() == GL_NO_ERROR);" statement after each and every OpenGL call.
Really very fucking cool!!!