1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Started this when I was home sick yesterday and this is what I've done so far.

To do/Finished List

Finished:
    -Team menu
    -Bomb/Bomb sites (Bomb can only be picked up by a Terrorist)
    -Bomb Defuse
    -CSS style hud
    -Buyzones
    -Buy time/Freeze time (Player will be spawned in their designated spot frozen and unable to shoot)
    -Rounds/Round time
    -Map rotation
    -Drop weapons (On death and default button "G")
    -Bullet ricochets and bullet penetration
    -Supports normal CSS maps like de_dust2
    -Round reset (Map props will be reset to their original location after each round.
    -Money
    -Weapon system (Only one pistol and primary weapon) (Started making)

Bullet penetration info:
    -Bullets can go through multiple objects like props and walls.
    -Bullets will be able to go through certain objects with ease (Wood, plastic, flesh)
    -Bullets will have a hard time penetrating concrete and metal.

To do:
    -Buy menu

Pictures:
    Boom headshot?
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4...uke0008bk2.jpg
    Defusing..
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8...uke0004na1.jpg
    Hud stuff and bomb ticking away
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9...uke0010lw7.jpg

Q&A:

Q: Why not go play normal counter-strike?
    A: I do play normal CSS. I'm only doing this because I'm bored and need something to program.

Q: Will you be releasing this.
    A: Not till I get permission from the weapon creators (Real CSS Weapons) and aVoN for a code snippet he posted containing the bullet penetration/ricochet I edited/got working. I also won't release till I'm satisfied with it.

Q: CAN I BE A BETA TESTER FOR IT?!
    A: This thread is not for you.

Q: Will I need CSS?
    A: If you have to ask this, see answer to previous question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2006
    2 Posts
    I got 4 questions...

1) Why not go play normal CSS?
    2) Will you be releasing this?
    3) CAN I BE A BETA TESTER FOR IT?!
    4) Will I need CSS?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,545 Posts
    So wait, if it uses and requires the CSS models, what exactly is the point? Interesting project, to be sure, and looks like quite the coding achievement. I just can't see it yet - you can't package the original CSS models into the gamemode, that's illegal, so it wouldn't really help anybody without CSS. Sound's great, but I'm just not seeing it. Perhaps you could keep the code, but change the story and models behind it?

4. Post #4
    October 2007
    62 Posts
    Keep on it man, it is looking good. Ill be downloading this for sure (if it is released).

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Skyhawk posted:
    So wait, if it uses and requires the CSS models, what exactly is the point? Interesting project, to be sure, and looks like quite the coding achievement. I just can't see it yet - you can't package the original CSS models into the gamemode, that's illegal, so it wouldn't really help anybody without CSS. Sound's great, but I'm just not seeing it. Perhaps you could keep the code, but change the story and models behind it?
    Like I said, I'm doing this because I'm bored. Once/If it's released anyone will be able to change the models to whatever they want.

-Badboy- ALT posted:
    I got 4 questions...

1) Why not go play normal CSS?
    2) Will you be releasing this?
    3) CAN I BE A BETA TESTER FOR IT?!
    4) Will I need CSS?
    I knew some jackass like you was going to do this.

6. Post #6
    November 2007
    522 Posts
    to save you the trouble I give you permission to use my weapons, looks good so far. :D

and I'm making a flashbang for the realcs so you don't have to worry about that :)

7. Post #7

June 2008
    27 Posts
    Any chance you'll make it in the style of CS, but realistic?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    G_mod posted:
    Any chance you'll make it in the style of CS, but realistic?
    That's pretty much how it is now. Using the realistic CSS weapons and the bomb is a nuke.

cheesylard posted:
    to save you the trouble I give you permission to use my weapons, looks good so far. :D

and I'm making a flashbang for the realcs so you don't have to worry about that :)
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still debating to use your weapons on the Realistic CSS weapons, they are both equally awesome.

9. Post #9
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,091 Posts
    Cool, fuck off Badboy

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    990 Posts
    If you, by any sort of magic, are able to remove as much lag as possible from this gamemode and you release it, I might try to do a Wc3 Gamemode for it.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,904 Posts
    JetBoom made a similar one for GMod called Awesome Strike Source.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Yeah, I played it and didn't like it.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    Rexen posted:
    JetBoom made a similar one for GMod called Awesome Strike Source.
    Night Eagle made one pretty similar to this (exactly :P) it was called Project Houston

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Yeah, I remember that gamemode too. That may be another reason why I'm coding this, because Project Houston died.

15. Post #15
    November 2008
    202 Posts
    blackops7799 posted:
    I knew some jackass like you was going to do this.
    What a ridiculous comment, I completely see where he's coming from, why don't you just play CSS?! Rather than calling me a jackass, could you perhaps answer the question?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    blackops7799 posted:
    Q: Why not go play normal counter-strike?
    A: I do play normal CSS. I'm only doing this because I'm bored and need something to program.
    I did answer the question.

17. Post #17
    November 2008
    202 Posts
    blackops7799 posted:
    I did answer the question.
    I see.

18. Post #18
    February 2008
    18 Posts
    PoliticalM posted:
    I see.
    I'm sorry, I just have to say you got served right there. :ghost:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    990 Posts
    cheesylard_2 posted:
    I'm sorry, I just have to say you got served right there. :ghost:
    Nice ghost you've got there.

Also, does this gamemode lag as hell?

20. Post #20
    February 2008
    18 Posts
    CrashLemon posted:
    Nice ghost you've got there.

Also, does this gamemode lag as hell?
    why would it?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    990 Posts
    Because a lot of gamemodes lags.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    I get over 200 FPS during my tests. So I guess not.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    990 Posts
    I meant latency, but I guess this isn't very heavy of a gamemode.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Latency doesn't really have to do much with the gamemode.. That has to do with the server and the clients. But anyway, the gamemode shouldn't be that laggy.

I'm going to try and get a video up soon of what I have done.

Edit:

Well, the gamemode is almost done. I finished the weapon system and fixed a few bugs with the gameplay. All that's left is to finished the buymenu and do some tests with friends or a private beta.

25. Post #25
    November 2008
    27 Posts
    Skyhawk posted:
    Yes, he might start it out to be CSS, but the good thing about lua is that it's easily implemented, so it could be easily upgraded to full change the gameplay, when someone makes a gamemode, all i see people thinking about is, "This would be useless, why can't we just play the original", instead, people should also take into consideration of what this game "could become", just because it starts out as a CSS type gamemode, doesn't mean it cannot evolve to something greater.

26. Post #26
    October 2007
    62 Posts
    PoliticalM posted:
    What a ridiculous comment, I completely see where he's coming from, why don't you just play CSS?! Rather than calling me a jackass, could you perhaps answer the question?
    Because you can build, then switch to CSS, then go back to build, then switch to CSS. This is a very GOOD idea because you can switch the gamemodes on the fly without having to exit gmod, load CSS, etc.

Also, it can add the option of all the player models :D

27. Post #27
    December 2008
    12 Posts
    Lua king.This is gonna be sick and i will play it,but its weird that a counter strike game mode in Garry's mod,it will be the same like Counter strike:source and would not be that special,it will be like normal counter strike,so you will have to show some changes on that because it will be same.

28. Post #28
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,634 Posts
    Same retarded questions as in the Team Fortress 2 gamemode thread, same answers. Think it as a totally open-source version of Counter-Strike Source, okay? This would open lots of new possibilities for adding new stuff to the original gameplay.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Exactly.

Edit:

Small movie of what I have done.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    990 Posts
    Very nice, I especialy like the legs when you look straigth down.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,606 Posts
    nice good idea actually now we can play cs on gmod maps

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,120 Posts
    Epic. I'm so making some mod's to this when it get's released.

IE: Additional playermodels, weapons, vehicles, gametypes, NPC's/bots... ect.

Edit:

I could write the bot's for you, if you like.

33. Post #33
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,426 Posts
    why is everyone celebrating this half-assed clone so much

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,120 Posts
    See the above post, smart one.

In other words, I'll be able to do things to the game that I wouldn't be able to do in normal CS. Like for zombie mod, have NPC zombies... So that's why. It's just more extendable.

35. Post #35
    October 2007
    62 Posts
    SteveUK posted:
    why is everyone celebrating this half-assed clone so much
    Wow captain negative... Post something useful or don't post at all.

Or you could try reading the thread first and find out why people LIKE this idea.

36. Post #36
    June 2008
    143 Posts
    I would say "Put in RPGs!!!!", but that would be the cheapest weapon of them all.

37. Post #37
    May 2007
    1,989 Posts
    This should be better than CSS, server-wise. You won't be getting flamed by 10 year olds saying, "omg ur aimbotting." Good luck with this.

38. Post #38
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,426 Posts
    hockeyboi posted:
    Wow captain negative... Post something useful or don't post at all.

Or you could try reading the thread first and find out why people LIKE this idea.
    What so you can play CS:S by yourself? Smart idea. Making a gamemode which is just a clone doesn't make you able to join CS:S servers.

And the "modding" is for untalented modders to add their own unimaginative ideas to something already without imagination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    990 Posts
    SteveUK posted:
    What so you can play CS:S by yourself? Smart idea. Making a gamemode which is just a clone doesn't make you able to join CS:S servers.

And the "modding" is for untalented modders to add their own unimaginative ideas to something already without imagination.
    What do you mean untalented modders? If someone recreated the Mona Lisa I guess I'd think the guy is good at painting, this is the same thing, recreating something isn't easy because the word "recreate" is in the sentence.

And I'd also bet that your personal definition of imagination isn't the same for all of us.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    SteveUK posted:

Shut up you hypocrite, I know your experience ranges from a two hour gamemode write up but don't try to be an elitist. You think you know how to grade what is a good mod, when you distort quality with "imagination"