April 2005
    1,678 Posts

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Release Date: March 25th, 2014

Features:
    * New Class - The Crusader
    * Level cap raised to 70
    * New skills and passives for all classes
    * New Artisan - The Mystic - Specializes in enchanting, rerolling affixes, Transmogrification
    * New Act, story and villain - Defend the City of Westmarch from the Angel of Death himself, Malthael, who is in possession of the Black Soulstone
    * Adventure Mode - Unlocked after beating Act V, unlocks all waypoints and introduces procedurally generated quests, events and Instanced Dungeons called Nephalem Rifts
    * Loot 2.0 - Radically redesigned loot system that focuses on upgrading your character as well as the thrill of finding Legendary items
    * Balance changes - Almost all skill runes in the game have been altered to have greater impact on play style rather than "deal 20% more damage"
    * New Difficulty System - Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno replaced by Normal, Hard, Expert, Master and Torment 1-6. Monsters now scale according to character level.
    * Paragon Revamped - Paragon level cap removed, shared among all characters, you can spend paragon points on stats (movement speed, resists, crit chance) to diversify your characters

The effects of skill balances, loot changes, difficulty system, as well as the revamped paragon system have been implemented in Vanilla Diablo III, version 2.0.1.

Join FP clan pls

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Winner x 7Informative x 6Friendly x 2Funny x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,419 Posts

They want it to look like this instead.

Talk about it only in this thread!
    That is much better than a WoW-ish cartoony style.

And I'm not completely sure if I will buy this game, looks good, but not Very good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 24Dumb Dumb x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,162 Posts
    I want the release date damnit

Edited:

And if anyone complains about the colors, you might want to OPEN YOUR EYES when you play D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,814 Posts
    Nice thread. This game will be uber sweet i'm pretty sure. They also released a new batch of media a couple days ago i think. I'm eager to get it. It looks so atmospheric too !

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,162 Posts

They want it to look like this instead.

Talk about it only in this thread!
    Looks shittier and too dark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 32Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2009
    10 Posts
    Can't wait for this

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    Looks shittier and too dark.
    Looks like Diablo. Not wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,162 Posts
    It doesn't even look remotely close to wow. Not to mention it looks like fucking nighttime all the time. Even during daylight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,041 Posts
    Diablo not dark enough?

Problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 37Dumb Dumb x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,678 Posts
    The original images look like WoW, but I just want this for the game experience. I reckon things are gonna get darker when the REAL demons come.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    It doesn't even look remotely close to wow. Not to mention it looks like fucking nighttime all the time. Even during daylight.
    Okay, good for you. Sadly I think new art style doesn't fit for Diablo. I am not going to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Dumb x 3Informative x 2Disagree x 2Agree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,762 Posts
    Can't fucking wait for this.
    I think the game looks fine, it's not like WoW is a bad game anyways.
    I fucking hated having the inventory be messy and cluttered, I welcome the changes to it.

Also, the levels we've been shown probably just haven't been that affected by whatever evil is being unleashed onto the world all that badly yet.
    Plus, a darker atmosphere quite possibly translates differently into the realm of 3D.

Anyone who says that they're not going to be buy the sequel to one of the best hack n' slash RPGs ever made is full of shit.
    Blizzard has yet to make a single bad game and I trust they won't start doing so now, especially considering how highly anticipated each of their sequels are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,162 Posts
    5 years from now... I will preorder this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    152 Posts
    I think the inventory change was for the better.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,162 Posts
    I remember when Blizzard had the splash page with the breaking ice and everyone would post each new development.

Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Hhahhahhhahhaaha...

Diablo is WoW with the contrast turned up and the brightness turned down?

k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,006 Posts
    Okay, good for you. Sadly I think new art style doesn't fit for Diablo. I am not going to buy it.
    Cool brah.

Thats one less complaining person to play with on coop.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    218 Posts
    I hope they bring the Paladin back. And if they don't surely the Pally will turn up in an expansion pack.

Not sure how I feel about the inventory system, it's kind of fun having to decide what you should drop if you happen to find some loot you especially like. Then again, maybe it's for the best. I hope we have separate pouches for gems, runes, keys and the like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    284 Posts
    The art style was already explained by one of the designers of D3.
    If they made it dark and gritty, there's no reason to show off the graphics. Everything would be dark, and it would feel repetitive because you'd feel like you're seeing the same exact thing. With this colorful style, there is contrast between each level and keeps it fresh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gay for BDA
    November 2005
    8,386 Posts
    You gave me a shock, I thought they had released more information.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,678 Posts
    I think they just need to add a saturation option to fix all the people complaining.

Edited:

Join the group guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2005
    16 Posts
    I want this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,678 Posts
    -snip-

24. Post #24
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,089 Posts
    R.I.P My level 87 Paladin, you went mad from saving the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    March 2008
    27 Posts
    that is the worst reason to not buy this game.

i'm just going to come out and say it, you're stupid.

Edited:

FYI there's a reason these art directors are art directors, they know what they're doing.

they will pull it off, a bunch of angsty teens shouldn't be telling them how to make the game, if they listened to them, this game would turn out horribly. They're the developers, not you. I have faith in them to pull off a great art style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    I play Diablo 2 like every day still
    There's spam bots all over the fucking place

I'm hella looking forward to this however

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,068 Posts
    If you don't like the colors, turn the saturation down. Problem solved.

Also I love The Fallen. Rakanishu!

Edited:

FYI there's a reason these art directors are art directors, they know what they're doing.

they will pull it off, a bunch of angsty teens shouldn't be telling them how to make the game, if they listened to them, this game would turn out horribly. They're the developers, not you. I have faith in them to pull off a great art style.
    Same, these people don't know what they are talking about.

And I don't think the monsters drop red health orbs to speed up the gameplay but to prevent people from spamming healing potions. I think they said that somewhere. Some parts in D2 were way too easy if you just hammered gallons of healing potions.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,887 Posts
    Diablo 2 is my favorite game of all time, I could barely sit still when they announced the third.
    Anyways, the problem is not the colour, it's the shapes that are exaggerated, Diablo 2 had lots of colours (poison nova anyone?), but it had "realistic" proportions and shapes.
    But the developers changed a lot after the complaints, just look at the small statues near the stairs, no more happy, smiling lions, now they are gargoyles (is that how it's spelled?). Even though they acted all tough and said nothing would change.

Edited:

Still the art style won't stop me from playing it of course, it's going to be a great game nonetheless.

Edited:

Also I don't want to ruin anyone's expectations, but:
    - Automatic stat (Strenght, Dexterity, Vitality, Mana) placement (). Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16580
    - No random generation of outdoors. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14675
    - All mobs look the same (not a big deal though). Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17383
    - No keys to open chests (not a big deal either). Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14810
    - No "rune words", but they may be replaced with something else. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17113
    - No town portals, or at least it seems there is a check-point sistem. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15093
    - No Mana/Health leach. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14779
    - The Barbarian is the only class returning. Although they said they'd love to bring back the Necromancer in an expansion. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14262
    - No health potions, and there fore probably no mana potions. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15298
    - Spellbooks won't be returning from D1. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15043
    - Mana sistem made "easier". Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18533
    - No synergies. Source: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18840

Of course it all depends on the individual, for some this is good for some this is bad.
    Still I think the game will be great, I'm not saying it will be crap.

Edited:

Also I only pointed out the "bad" parts because everybody knows the new good stuff they are adding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    So I am stupid because I don't like art style? Okay...

30. Post #30
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    So I am stupid because I don't like art style? Okay...
    Within reason of course.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    I bet if blizzard would serve a poo and name it Diablo 3, you would be still cumming all over the place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    I bet if blizzard would serve a poo and name it Diablo 3, you would be still cumming all over the place.
    Highly unlikely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,887 Posts

Edited:

Well one art director has been fired, and no matter what Blizzard says it was obvious the reasons were the complaints about the art. So it seems they don't always know what they are doing.
    Also, art directors are human beings, heck politicians are a lot more important, but do they always do good? No.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    You know each character has two sex. So there is a sorceress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,160 Posts
    Anyone who complains about the art in Diablo 3 is looking for something to piss and moan about. OH GOD THEY ADDED LIGHTS! Shut up. There is a reason that Blizzard released screen caps of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man as a final boss from that video and a unicorn pooing rainbows. It was to make fun of you people.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,887 Posts
    You know each character has two sex. So there is a sorceress.
    Yeah, but I don't understand why they changed the name from "Sorceress/Sorceror" to "Wizard/Wizard (?)".

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    6,406 Posts
    'tis because he/she's an amateur magician, not a fully-fledged Sorceror/Sorceress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,679 Posts
    Well one art director has been fired, and no matter what Blizzard says it was obvious the reasons were the complaints about the art. So it seems they don't always know what they are doing.
    Also, art directors are human beings, heck politicians are a lot more important, but do they always do good? No.
    I think the art direction was good , appart from the barbarian armors. But they haven't changed it.

39. Post #39
    October 2007
    297 Posts
    Baaaawww baaawwww Diablo isn't so dark that I can't see shit at all :'c

Looks awesome imo, can't wait for release of this + AvP3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    735 Posts
    Honestly, there is nothing im looking forward to more right now. I just wish they didn't go months at a time between each update. :(