Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    Aion

Aion on Steam

News
    Aion 1.9.0.2 Update
    [list]Skills
    Spiritmaster skill "Summon Energy of Water III" is now "Summon Water Energy III" to match levels I and II.[/list]
    [list]Quests
    Grass for the Grave Robbers [Asmodian] now succesfully loads so that the player can continue the quest.
    Granker for Gark – Dictionary link for "Silver Granker" now appears correctly in Quest Journal.
    The 3 Keys – fixed naming inconsistency issue with NPC Abyssal Key Guard. Now correctly named Flame Judge Bolcan.
    "Decontamination" – added appriopriate "Repeatable Tag" to Quest.
    "Containing the Poison" – Fixed several text-related issues.[/list]
    [list]Items
    "[Location Name] Aetheric Field Monitors" have been shortened to "[Location Name] Field Monitors" so that their names display fully.[/list]
    [list]Macros
    Macro variables no longer use "%" and "#". The in-game Help for Beginners has been updated to reflect the correct usage of these variables, and new characters’ example macros will have the correct variables in them. (This unfortunately does not apply retroactively to characters that already exist.)[/list]
    Aion 1.9 Update
    [list]Many new features have been introduced with 1.9 and a lot of existing content has received an overhaul.[/list][list]Now, Stigma Tuners offer a large variety of Stigmas for each class - roughly 48 per class.[/list][list]In 1.9, all Classes have been given a Remove Shock I skill at level 40 and then a subsequent chain skill at level 48.[/list][list]You can now enable two additional floating Quickbars that can be moved and arranged to your liking[/list][list]Daily Quests have been added and begin at level 30.[/list][list]New Temples and have been added to the Capitol Cities of Sanctum and Pandaemonium.[/list][list]And More[/list]
    Aion Marketing.
    Explore one of the most amazingly beautiful and detailed MMORPGs ever as you fight to save a vibrant world ripped asunder by a celestial war.
    Choose between two divine factions, the Asmodian or the Elyos, and save your people from an ancient evil that threatens to destroy everything in its path.
    Over 1500 story-driven quests lead you through a wondrous and expansive world like no other.

Soar to great heights and battle in the open skies of Aion.
    Flying in Aion is not just a way to travel; it is a strategic and integral part of the game.
    Flying adds a new dynamic to all aspects of the genre, including combat, quests, exploration, and harvesting.

Totally customize your character through an incredibly in-depth character creation tool, advanced crafting systems and extensive item customization.

Key Detail

Elyos

The Elyos live in the kingdom of Elysea, which spans the lower half of Atreia.
    Their environment is filled with light and growth and because of this, the Elyos have been shaped into having a more lively, vibrant, "lighter" appearances.
    They are considered the more beautiful of the two races. Some of the Elyos also have feathered wings, giving them an angel-like appearance.

Asmodian

The Asmodians live in the upper half of Atreia, known as Asmodae.
    Their capital city is Pandaemonium, and they follow the five Shedim Lords, the five Empyrean Lords ordered by Siel and Israphel to protect the upper foundation of the Tower of Eternity.
    They live in a darker, more dangerous environment than the Elyos and have thus been shaped into having a more demonic appearance.Despite their looks, the Asmodians are friendly and loyal to their own people.
    Their world has made them battle-hardened and powerful.

Asmodian Story

Characters and Classes

Warrior Classes

Warriors specialize in close combat. Fearsome and hulking, a Warrior's way is found more through brute force, grit and great resilience. They use their great physical strength and prowess to pound the enemy and provide cover for allies.

Templar

"You're only as good as your armor and mine's the best."
    The Templar is the de facto tanking class of Aion with many defense increasing skills that allow for the templar to achieve a nearly invincible state for a period of time.

Gladiator

"Nothing can stand in my way!"
    The Gladiator is the weapons master of the Aion world and boasts excellent tanking and damage dealing capabilities. As such, gladiators can fill either the tanking or dps role in a group. This class also has the widest variety of weapons available to them, being able to wield any physical weapon with the exception of the staff.

Scout Classes

Scouts concern themselves with speed, camouflage, agility and awareness. They dress in light armor, making them vulnerable... when they can be hit. Scouts are complex creatures requiring a delicate touch and measured approach, and once their inherent strengths and weaknesses are understood, they are formidable opponents.

Assassin

"You'll know I'm there when you're dead."
    The Assassin is the master of shadows of Aion and has the best stealth and burst damage capabilities of all the classes. These abilities go hand in hand as an expert assassin can sneak up on his target and burst it down before his target can even react.

Ranger

"Chase me or run away. Either way, you'll only die tired."
    The Ranger is the ranged weapon expert of Aion and deals extensive damage from far distances using bows and arrows. The ranger is a ranged dps class with minimal CC ability.

Mage Classes

Mages, incredibly powerful and yet exceptionally vulnerable, are able to deal out terrifying, awe-inspiring levels of damage, while taking little in return. They have command over the elements, summoning raging fireballs and chains of the coldest ice to wreak havoc over ranks of the enemy.

Sorcerer

The Sorcerer is one of the eight advanced character classes in Aion. The Sorcerer follows the path of magic, mastering the elements of water, fire, wind, and earth. Sorcerers call on the strength of their spirit to issue bolts of fire to scorch opponents to the bone or to freeze them in place

Spiritmaster

The Spiritmaster is a Daeva born under the Star of Spirits, and is able to control spirits of water, fire, wind, and earth. Spiritmasters call on the strength of their spirit to issue bolts of fire or to freeze every bone in the body of an enemy.

Priest

The Priest is arguably the backbone of any successful party. Their ability to keep Daeva battle-ready, even in the direst of circumstances, cannot be underestimated, and is absolutely vital in ensuring groups survive against the more pressing challenges in Atreia.

Cleric

Clerics are the main support class in Aion and they utilize powerful healing spells to keep their allies standing through even the worst of conditions. This class is primarily a support class.

Chanter

The Chanter is a unique class combination in that it is a support and dps hybrid class. As such, chanters can fill any gap in a party, whether it be support healing and buffing, or using their formidable dps skills to help bring down a target.

Locations
    Atreia is the "planet" in the Aion universe where the game is played. Unlike planets of our universe, Atreia resembles two hollow hemispheres

Elysea
    Elysea is the kingdom of the Elyos. It is located in the lower hemi-shell of Atreia and is bathed in light.

Asmodae
    Asmodea is the home of the Asmodians. It is located in the upper hemi-shell of Atreia and is a harsh wilderness.

Money
    You can buy the game for €29.99.
    You will have to pay a monthly fee of €12.99

Facepunch Player List
    Facepunch name - Race - Character Name - Class
    darkgodmaste - Asmodian - Kyuuketsuki - Sorcerer
    daijitsu - Asmodian - Yuzai - Ranger

Websites
    Main Site
    NCSoft
    Aion Wiki

Aion Trailer

Aion CG Trailer

Aion 3.0 Trailer

Extra Media
    Aion Anti Goldfarming: Bad Deal #1
    Aion Anti Goldfarming: Bad Deal #2
    Aion Earn your Powers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 20Informative x 6Agree x 1Funny x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    I got to play a gladiator in Aion China for awhile. Probably going to buy it on release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    I got to play a gladiator in Aion China for awhile. Probably going to buy it on release.
    The gladiator class is pretty strong if you can use it whisely, did you level up to level 10 to recieve wings and how far did you level?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 6 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2008
    746 Posts
    I tried playing as a mage during the beta, but didn't have enough free time to properly give it a chance. From the half hour or so I did see though, it seemed polished.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    The gladiator class is pretty strong if you can use it whisely, did you level up to level 10 to recieve wings and how far did you level?
    I got to 12 so I didn't do much due to the 5 hour limit on accounts before having to pay. Really wanted to try abit more of the game but guess I'll wait till an open beta for europe.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    I tried playing as a mage during the beta, but didn't have enough free time to properly give it a chance. From the half hour or so I did see though, it seemed polished.
    Ah that's to bad, but I'm played as a mage in the beta "it seemed polished" to me to.
    I'm rather fund of the personal store ability, it safes a lot of trouble and it fun to do.

I got to 12 so I didn't do much due to the 5 hour limit on accounts before having to pay. Really wanted to try abit more of the game but guess I'll wait till an open beta for europe.
    Would love to play with you in the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    Definetly not going to buy it. Looks too much like a clone of these grind korean mmos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    Definetly not going to buy it. Looks too much like a clone of these grind korean mmos.
    Was thinking that somewhat at first but it is meant to be quite fast at levelling (can't say much myself but lvl 12 within 5 hours). Plus someone in Aion china/korea one of those, one hit max level in the first week albiet playing virtually 24/7 so would+ seem about a month or two for a casual person.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    And what is max level anyway? :) If leveling is kinda fast, I might consider this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    It's 50 afaik

11. Post #11
    March 2008
    398 Posts
    Hmm this game looks like Guild Wars and Cabal. Is it going to be monthly subscription?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    Grinding will not help you level, in matter of fact I tried grinding it takes so long that you just give up.
    There is a good story quest line and a lot of side quests you can do leveling is done by quests, grinding is a posibole way of money.

You can also cook,craft,smith,ect to make a bit of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    May 2009
    1 Posts
    i really like this game, for me this game is refreshing and something fun< XD to play with friends.
    its fast and easy to understand on to play the game. to thing that sucked is that i am addicted to this game after 1 day and that i have to wait 2 weeks for the next beta D:

Edited:

Hmm this game looks like Guild Wars and Cabal. Is it going to be monthly subscription?
    it may look like guild wars becaus the makers of Aion are also the makers of Guild Wars if im not mistaking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    And what is max level anyway? :) If leveling is kinda fast, I might consider this.
    Max level 50 while you can get level 10 in a day while you are playing "casual", so somewhat fast leveling.

The party system can also help you level and if you are max level there is enough to upgrade.
    There is a wing upgrade that costs 12M :geno:

Yes there is a monthly fee, 12.99 euro a month,I'm not sure how much you pay in the US since they have a other price.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    Grinding will not help you level, in matter of fact I tried grinding it takes so long that you just give up.
    There is a good story quest line and a lot of side quests you can do leveling is done by quests, grinding is a posibole way of money.

You can also cook,craft,smith,ect to make a bit of money.
    I quite liked the start of the story questline because it's the first time you see your character in nice armour and wings :3:

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    440 Posts
    Woo, yeah. Aion is realllly good so far. I loved the storyline which kept me going, with all those cutscenes and stuff. The wings are fun to fly with too.
    I took some screenies if you want to take a look at them.

You pull out your umbrella when it rains.

City of the Elyos.

I loved those flying giant creatures.

Flight transportation can take you through dazzling places.

Some scenery.

This creature next to me. Doesn't it look odd and cute?

Idling animations on certain places can do stuff!

He catches fishes! -Goofy face-

Sorry for the whole text mess. I didn't bother to remove them while taking a lot of screenies. XD

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    993 Posts
    Omg that is one mmo that actually looks really good :O

19. Post #19
    October 2008
    4 Posts
    've Played it as well... the 2nd Closed Beta that is, And i Currently have a ranger, pre-ordered the Collectors Edition.
    Damn, i have to wait 2 whole weeks untill i can play again.....

Was really fun.
    and a "Bit" Adictive...
    Also, Pinut, was that from the 2nd closed Beta or the Chinese/Korean version
    I do have a screenshot, i'll search for it and upload it when i found it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    Omg that is one mmo that actually looks really good :O
    Yes the game looks quite good, could be better but for a MMO it looks good.

21. Post #21
    October 2008
    4 Posts
    Yes the game looks quite good, could be better but for a MMO it looks good.
    Everything can be improved, even perfect things can use improvement, hence perfect does not exist as a standard but does as an oppinion...

Nevertheless... -> Screenshot:

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    've Played it as well... the 2nd Closed Beta that is, And i Currently have a ranger, pre-ordered the Collectors Edition.
    Damn, i have to wait 2 whole weeks untill i can play again.....

Was really fun.
    and a "Bit" Adictive...
    Also, Pinut, was that from the 2nd closed Beta or the Chinese/Korean version
    I do have a screenshot, i'll search for it and upload it when i found it.

The chinese.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    The chinese.
    The chinese version is also a paid version right?
    Or it has a time limit, or both.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    Updated the OP with images, I hope you people don't mind that I used your images.
    Where the hell is my Automerge?

Hmm.

Is any one going to play the closed beta on 7/2/09?

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    This game looked amazing 'til I saw the point and click combat system.

Another MMO down the shitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    December 2005
    430 Posts
    Yeah let's play darkfal...wait.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    543 Posts
    Doesn't look all that bad, actually.

28. Post #28

August 2008
    49 Posts
    I was actually following since last year up til recently. Some of the things NCSoft has done has made me lose hope in it. Classes are horribly imbalanced, with the Cleric able to kill just about anything. Combine this with the fact that the top 100 players on every server get a god-mode transformation that makes them as strong as a raid boss and... ugh. It sounds ridiculous.

Oh, and people who buy the Collector's Edition get significant in-game benefits.

It might be something I get later on though, who knows.

29. Post #29
    August 2008
    63 Posts
    Seems like a really unoriginal game with the same old typical system, BUT NOW WITH NEW WINGS! Although that's not a bad thing for everyone, however for me it just doesn't cut it.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    440 Posts
    Updated the OP with images, I hope you people don't mind that I used your images.
    Where the hell is my Automerge?

Hmm.

Is any one going to play the closed beta on 7/2/09?
    No problem!

Yep, gonna play the 3rd closed beta. 8D

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    Dunno why, it sounds like perfect world, with less grind.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    No problem!

Yep, gonna play the 3rd closed beta. 8D
    In the beta which race/faction are you going to pick?

33. Post #33
    January 2009
    332 Posts
    This game interests me to no end. Yet all I do is watch the videos

To lazy to try and get into a beta or something like everyone else.. I wish I would do it though..

34. Post #34
    September 2005
    794 Posts
    Art style looks way too Korean for my tastes. Is it even possible to make a character that doesn't look like it'd be in a japanese girl's favorite romantic drama?

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    This game interests me to no end. Yet all I do is watch the videos

To lazy to try and get into a beta or something like everyone else.. I wish I would do it though..
    The ways to get into the beta are signing up and trying to be lucky, or just preorder the game and get acces to all the beta's.

Last one work's for me, since I already wanted to buy it why not preorder it.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    440 Posts
    Just gonna stick with Asmodians, and go with mage.

(Or just stick with my Asmodian warrior and mage that I have.)

37. Post #37

August 2008
    49 Posts
    NCSoft posted:
    Aion will be landing on store shelves in North America on September 22, 2009 and in Europe starting September 25, 2009! Preorder your game today to guarantee your copy on day one, get access to all the beta events, secure character and server preselection, and gain headstart access to the live game. Find out more about the exclusive preorder benefits at www.aiononline.com/preorder
    Got that email today. It's coming a lot sooner than I thought.

38. Post #38
    September 2008
    1,104 Posts
    How do you register for a spot in the beta without preordering?

39. Post #39
    Respected User
    August 2006
    393 Posts
    Well I'm going to preorder anyway. Wonder if it's worth getting the collectors edition for all the extra crap.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,442 Posts
    Well I'm going to preorder anyway. Wonder if it's worth getting the collectors edition for all the extra crap.
    I did and I say yes, why not?

Also Aion beta exploring some "bugged" parts.