Alright, so one day my dad comes home with a peculiar bright-red cylinder, around the size of a fist.
I ask him what it is, and he replies "It's a Water-Magnetizer". "I think it will fix up that rash of yours."
You see, I've had this rash on my right elbow, for around a month now. We visited the doctor, and he said it was probably because of the cat. He prescripted me a cream and told me to apply it daily before I go to sleep.
While my dad was installing it, I went on the internet researching it.
I then read about the whole "Magnetic Water" thing.
I told my Dad that he got ripped off, but he then replies "Just try it for a few days, and we'll see."
He then told me I should wash my elbow with it regularly.
Then over the next few days, I do it (occasionally. Maybe once a day), and he gets mad (That I'm only doing it once a day).
I've countlessly tried to explain to him that it's not real, and even if it is, it wouldn't help my rash, but he's still insisting.
Now, I'm not one to disrespect my dad, and he's a pretty smart guy, but I don't really know what the hell's gotten over him.
Here's a picture I made of the "Device":
Edit: It's supposed to change the arrangement of the calcium in the water, not actually make the water magnetic. Sorry if anyone misunderstood that.
We just recently returned from a trip to Egypt. My dad bought a whole bunch of those things and started giving them out to relatives.
I feel bad for doubting his judgement now.
It seems to change the taste of water there, and I also noticed (when I was making coffee) that magnetic water seems to have slightly less transparent bubbles when I boil it.
Egypt's water supply comes from the Nile river, by the way.
(Also, ever since he installed it in the shower, my dandruff problem has been slowly fading away. Could just be a coincidence though.)