1. Post #1
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Seems the old one got to large and was closed so here is the new thread for my Doctor Who Packs.

[release]
    SVN address can be found here:

I will still put out Packs on Garrysmod.org when there is enough new content.

Garrysmod.org Download links
    I will update this with the most up to date download as I continue to put them out:

Pack-4 Update

[release]
    Please do not upload this to any site with out asking me first
    [/release]
    [/release]

[release]

Description

This Pack contains models, ragdolls, and LUA based off the show "Doctor Who".
    It was started by "TheSniper9" as a fan project and later turned in to the packs we have today for your enjoyment. This pack continues to gather support and is my hope to turn in to a full mod at some point in the future complete with gamemodes and full maps.
    [/release]

[release]

Credits go to:

BBC
    Sydney Newman, C. E. Webber, Donald Wilson for creating Doctor Who
    Shacadeemus for the Ragdoll models of the Doctor
    LightDemon for the LUA on the Tardis
    Lord Hayden and CarlBooth for work on future maps
    And a Thanks to Omolong, Smirnoff Joe, Dan2593, J. Muffintop, jjmfdl and all the fans for ideas and continued support.
    [/release]

Please continue to talk about new ideas for this, I am open to all ideas to continue on this pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner x 12Artistic x 4Dumb x 3Funny x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1Useful x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,480 Posts
    I was just about to make one of these. OH well, good to have this thread back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,507 Posts
    I have an idea! (mind you i'm not having the best of days and havnt slept in 48ish hours now so everythings going weird)

Anyway, Captain Jack Harkness! (possibly spelt wrong). He had a time agent time travel teleport thing (i forget the name I'm sorry). Would it be possible to make a swep version of is but to be used as a character teleport device? but with a limited range of say 5000? and a recharge time in between uses to make it fair.

I know somewhere a teleport toolgun was once made, as for if its still around i have no idea, but just thought i would tell you in case you know of it so you could peak at the code or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,768 Posts
    Do want FOB watch

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Well there is good news for you then! I did this little guy a while back but never got around to showing it,

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Useful Useful x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    6,406 Posts
    Good job with the Fob Watch, matey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2008
    118 Posts
    With the vortex manipulator swep you could have a birds-eye-view crosshair that you can move with the arrow keys and then left click when its at the part of the map you want to go to.

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    151 Posts
    The tardis is a completely broken sent

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,480 Posts
    How so?

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    151 Posts
    You can't get out of it and it doesn't do anything

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,480 Posts
    You need wire for it to do anything. And you have to keep on trying to get out.

12. Post #12
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,548 Posts
    You can't get out of it and it doesn't do anything
    You need to download wiremod for it to work.

13. Post #13
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    I have made a perfect (in my opinion) controller for the TARDIS sent if people want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    November 2008
    55 Posts
    Sure why not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    here you go, the controller

*edit*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,987 Posts
    I rate you box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    I rate you box.
    Accidently put the wrong URL sorry....fixed now though.

18. Post #18
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    Alright, this pack ROCKS!!!!!!11!!!ELEVEN!!!!
    I noticed that some spawn icons dont work though, and the bad wolf tardis doors were messed up in size compared to the normal doors... though im not sure if you've fixed this, as i haven't checked since i last updated through SVN.
    Anyway, i didn't read the whole last thread, but i have an idea for the tardis sent being bigger on the inside than the outside. You have two tardis sents, interior and exterior. You hide the interior in some obscure corner of the map where no-one will see it. Then you make it so you can wire together the interior and exterior so when you press USE on the exterior, it teleports you to a certain place relative to the co-ordinates of the interior (so you appear next to the doors on the inside). Then when you press use on the doors of the inside, you get sent back out. If this can't be done with a single input/output connection, surely it could be done with 3 (X Y and Z). If you cant do this, make 3 inputs on the tardis exterior, "InteriorX, InteriorY, and InteriorZ" which will be the co-ordinates you are sent to when you press use on the tardis. Then you'll have to think about the interior doors, but your team is the one with a coding genius (which one of you codes?) and i'm just some kid on the intawebz. Hope this works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2009
    263 Posts
    Alright, this pack ROCKS!!!!!!11!!!ELEVEN!!!!
    I noticed that some spawn icons dont work though, and the bad wolf tardis doors were messed up in size compared to the normal doors... though im not sure if you've fixed this, as i haven't checked since i last updated through SVN.
    Anyway, i didn't read the whole last thread, but i have an idea for the tardis sent being bigger on the inside than the outside. You have two tardis sents, interior and exterior. You hide the interior in some obscure corner of the map where no-one will see it. Then you make it so you can wire together the interior and exterior so when you press USE on the exterior, it teleports you to a certain place relative to the co-ordinates of the interior (so you appear next to the doors on the inside). Then when you press use on the doors of the inside, you get sent back out. If this can't be done with a single input/output connection, surely it could be done with 3 (X Y and Z). If you cant do this, make 3 inputs on the tardis exterior, "InteriorX, InteriorY, and InteriorZ" which will be the co-ordinates you are sent to when you press use on the tardis. Then you'll have to think about the interior doors, but your team is the one with a coding genius (which one of you codes?) and i'm just some kid on the intawebz. Hope this works.
    But then everything about placing would be manual and specific to each map.

Thats a shitload of different placement configs for the interior.
    And what if there was more then 1 TARDIS?
    Bits of problems, i think.

Edited:

BUT I HAS IDEA FOR FOGWATCH.

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, It could be one of these:
    A health regenerator
    Act like a wraith harvester
    if in some sort of Gamemode put the player into a TimeLord or Doctor Class.

Or something.
    With some epic effects.

Edited:

Just downloaded from the svn.
    I like it, but you should change the enemy npc's base to metrocop.
    They can use most of the custom weapons anyone has.

To The TARDIS.
    I like.
    But the constant annoyance of getting out, and re-getting my weapons is a pain, and like someone said, the prop doors don't really fit the prop tardis. ;)

The TARDIS, (when it gets going) is impressive. Would you be able it to fly? And if so, spin on a tilted axis when it does?
    All ideas for you.

Edited:

Message to all:
    When getting out of the TARDIS, I have found that pressing back (Default: s) when you exit (Default: e) stops the weapons glitch and being stuck. I might be wrong though, works for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

20. Post #20
    April 2009
    263 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    But then everything about placing would be manual and specific to each map.

Thats a shitload of different placement configs for the interior.
    And what if there was more then 1 TARDIS?
    Bits of problems, i think.
    Well, i was saying you hide the interior anywhere, and then the interior outputs the gps co-ords of right by the door, and the interior has inputs for the co-ordinates which is where the player will be sent on pressing e. Multiple TARDISes won't be a problem.

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    263 Posts
    Oh.
    I thought you meant the sent generates one.
    You saying it should be placed manually?
    It would still be wire-dependent.

23. Post #23
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Yeah the Tardis went through quite a bit of remodeling since the first version (as with all the models) and I just did not feel that recompiling all versions of the doors and so on as it was a pain the first time, So I just updated the main parts (full Tardis, Doors half over Tardis) and left the old smaller version for the doors and doorless. It was just a lazy act on my part, some point down the road when I get more done I plan to go in and change the pack and make sure everything is up to date, take out old pointless models along with textures as I'm sure I have new textures and models I have forgot to update or change and finally update the spawn list so it will have all the models in a somewhat organized fashion.

24. Post #24
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    Oh.
    I thought you meant the sent generates one.
    You saying it should be placed manually?
    It would still be wire-dependent.
    Yeah, it'd work fine. Besides, the whole tardis IS wire dependent. Not going to be a problem.

Yeah the Tardis went through quite a bit of remodeling since the first version (as with all the models) and I just did not feel that recompiling all versions of the doors and so on as it was a pain the first time, So I just updated the main parts (full Tardis, Doors half over Tardis) and left the old smaller version for the doors and doorless. It was just a lazy act on my part, some point down the road when I get more done I plan to go in and change the pack and make sure everything is up to date, take out old pointless models along with textures as I'm sure I have new textures and models I have forgot to update or change and finally update the spawn list so it will have all the models in a somewhat organized fashion.
    Can you add spawnicons for things like the Davros chair and fix the broken master spawn icon?
    ALSO DO MY BIGGER ON THE INSIDE IDEA PLEASE AND I'LL GIVE YOU A COOKIE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    6,363 Posts
    Make a Caan model, the Crazy version of him.

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    What I really want from this pack is a sonic screwdriver toolgun, but the best possible thing you could do is make the TARDIS bigger on the inside. PLEASE, I CANT LIVE MUCH LONGER WITHOUT IT.
    Will my idea work?

27. Post #27
    July 2008
    10,768 Posts
    What I really want from this pack is a sonic screwdriver toolgun, but the best possible thing you could do is make the TARDIS bigger on the inside. PLEASE, I CANT LIVE MUCH LONGER WITHOUT IT.
    Will my idea work?
    Tardis one. Probably not

28. Post #28
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    I'm sorry but I do not code, I model and there is NO way I can model something larger on the interior. The same rules apply to modeling as real world architecture and as far as I know there is no way we can fit something 500 feet tall in a building 200 feet tall... The second thing you have to take in to account is the engine, while the source engine is a great engine to get started and learn it can't do everything people want while your idea might work there is no way for me to know because again I do not code nor will I.

29. Post #29
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    I'm sorry but I do not code, I model and there is NO way I can model something larger on the interior. The same rules apply to modeling as real world architecture and as far as I know there is no way we can fit something 500 feet tall in a building 200 feet tall... The second thing you have to take in to account is the engine, while the source engine is a great engine to get started and learn it can't do everything people want while your idea might work there is no way for me to know because again I do not code nor will I.
    Did you even read my idea for making it bigger on the inside?
    Probably not, because it was so long and terribly written =P
    Still, who coded the TARDIS entity? Would you be able to pass my idea on to them?

30. Post #30
    July 2008
    10,768 Posts
    Yeah but that would be impossible to model. it would work with wire mod

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,480 Posts
    LightDemon was the one who coded the TARDIS. He was working up an update but never finished it.

32. Post #32
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    Yeah but that would be impossible to model. it would work with wire mod
    How would that be impossible to model? We've already got a tardis interior, and although the console looks a bit bare, we can put our controllers and wire shit on it to make it more complex. And, the tardis is already wire mod reliant.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,480 Posts
    It is currently impossible to make a model bigger on the inside without having some sort of collison, or it would require some really big code editing.

34. Post #34
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    You have two tardis sents, interior and exterior. You hide the interior in some obscure corner of the map where no-one will see it. Then you make it so you can wire together the interior and exterior so when you press USE on the exterior, it teleports you to a certain place relative to the co-ordinates of the interior (so you appear next to the doors on the inside). Then when you press use on the doors of the inside, you get sent back out. If this can't be done with a single input/output connection, surely it could be done with 3 (X Y and Z). If you cant do this, make 3 inputs on the tardis exterior, "InteriorX, InteriorY, and InteriorZ" which will be the co-ordinates you are sent to when you press use on the tardis. Then you'll have to think about the interior doors, but your team is the one with a coding genius (which one of you codes?) and i'm just some kid on the intawebz. Hope this works.
    How about this? I posted it earlier on this thread, it's not to do with the modelling. It's code. Seems fairly straightforward to me. Is that idea feasible or should i just shut the fuck up about bigger on the inside?

EDIT: By the way, I'm not critisizing your work, it's epic, just trying to help you make it better.
    Another way you can make it better...
    Who's this handsome fellow who actually looks like The Doctor on a youtube video made with this stuff?

He's much better than this here fugly fag.

Why is the new one WORSE than the old one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    You know I'm not sure when or why the face Texture was changed I think it had something to do with the eyes so it had to be changed.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,589 Posts
    I liked the old face. Any chance we could get it back that way?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2008
    10,768 Posts
    How about this? I posted it earlier on this thread, it's not to do with the modelling. It's code. Seems fairly straightforward to me. Is that idea feasible or should i just shut the fuck up about bigger on the inside?
    It would involve having to code it for each map. And they don't have a coder.

Also I agree. I miss the old Doctor face.

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    As a quick fix for it you could always go download the first pack again and pull the face texture out of it and replace the newer packs version but I cant say if the mapping is the same or not as I did not do that model.

39. Post #39
    July 2009
    4,583 Posts
    It would involve having to code it for each map. And they don't have a coder.
    What is the problem with everyone.
    If you haven't read the idea, don't comment on it. I said the interior outputs gps co-ords which are wired to the exterior. Anyway, could you get LightDemon to update it? I really don't understand why this wouldn't work, so could someone who actually read the idea tell me why it wouldnt work?
    Thanks.

40. Post #40
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,548 Posts
    What is the problem with everyone.
    If you haven't read the idea, don't comment on it. I said the interior outputs gps co-ords which are wired to the exterior. Anyway, could you get LightDemon to update it? I really don't understand why this wouldn't work, so could someone who actually read the idea tell me why it wouldnt work?
    Thanks.
    Not everybody has (or wants) Wiremod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)