1. Post #1
    January 2009
    62 Posts
    From old thread:
    This thread is for all the folk that have forgotten the names of games they've seen or played. Instead of making new threads, post here. This thread will keep this forum unclogged of too many of these types of threads. Bans will be issued to people not using this thread for this kind of thing.

If you forget the name of this thread and are wanting to search, there's a link in the first post of the sticky.

Do not misuse this thread, post only to receive or give help.

Cheers.
    Cheers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling x 38Funny x 3Winner x 2Late x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    OK. I know this isn't very descriptive, but it's all i remember.
    The game was for PS1.
    It was a side scroller, and it had similar graphics to Metal Slug. You were a kid.
    You started in a village and made your way to a castle, then to to Egypt and fought a giant sphinx. I remember that the game was as hard as fuck (at least at the time)

Any ideas? And no, it's not i wanna be the guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Peru Show Events

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    April 2009
    87 Posts
    There was this game on sega were you played as donold duck an had to kill ninja ducks i think?? any idear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 23Funny x 11Bad Spelling x 5Bad Reading x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,232 Posts
    There was this old game for PC, it was a stradegy that let you combine certain animals/insects and make a army out of them and fight other combined things. Any idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2008
    769 Posts
    There was this game on sega were you played as donold duck an had to kill ninja ducks i think?? any idear?
    I assume it's this game

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 80Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    December 2008
    859 Posts
    There was this old game for PC, it was a stradegy that let you combine certain animals/insects and make a army out of them and fight other combined things. Any idea?
    Impossible Creatures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    June 2005
    293 Posts
    I remember this game I rented a while ago, it was like some car chase game where at one point you have to somehow take down an very large piece of earth moving equipment, and somewhere else in the game you have to drive on the docks to certain points so you could get pictures, and you were timed. Pretty sure it was from a Japanese developer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #8
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    6,175 Posts
    Best I can think of is Swarm Assault.

You didn't really combine things in that game though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Late Late x 12Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2007
    132 Posts
    I'm trying to find a game in which you have a scope and there is a man tied up, if you shoot him it saves somewhere on your computer and every time you open up the game he's still dead. It was posted here not too long ago, I would search for it buuuuttt.....

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    April 2009
    87 Posts
    I assume it's this game

That sure looks like it, awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2008
    144 Posts
    I'm trying to find a game in which you have a scope and there is a man tied up, if you shoot him it saves somewhere on your computer and every time you open up the game he's still dead. It was posted here not too long ago, I would search for it buuuuttt.....
    I also want to know about this.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,293 Posts
    I also want to know about this.
    Double agent????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Funny Funny x 8 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2005
    794 Posts
    This was an ooold game for the PC. It was a top view flight action game kind of like galaga in terms of design, but didn't look anything like it, kind of looked like metal slug but as a galaga game. I remember very little about it but you could buy upgrades after each little "mission". There were lots of missiles and what not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    December 2008
    707 Posts
    There was this sidescroller (I think.) game for PS1 where you played a little boy with a blue shirt and an orange (not sure about this) cap. You have powers that let you shoot this green plasma out of your fists to defend yourself from these shadow-creatures. I think the game starts out on a cliffside...

Anyone? I loved this game. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    There was this sidescroller (I think.) game for PS1 where you played a little boy with a blue shirt and an orange (not sure about this) cap. You have powers that let you shoot this green plasma out of your fists to defend yourself from these shadow-creatures. I think the game starts out on a cliffside...

And the creatures took your dog. Oh god, nostalgia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,256 Posts
    This is a pretty old game for the pc now. It's a point and click game. You wake up from being captured, or something, I forgot how you get in the mess; and right at the start, you wake up in a locked room, tied to a chair in the middle of a room with a nice big rug, well furnished, and a big fucker tarantula kind of spider infront of you. The spider is about 6 inches tall, maybe 1ft, and about 3-4ft long. You escape by knocking over an oil lamp that's I think resting on the carpet, and you tug it with your feet, it spills and sets the spider, rug, and ropes on fire. You get out the room by searching around and you find a key in a drawer.

I think the name has the word 'mirror' in it, but I'm not sure. and I think it was the second one of the series.

Oh yeah and you're some middle-aged blonde guy with short hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    This is a pretty old game for the pc now. It's a point and click game. You wake up from being captured, or something, I forgot how you get in the mess; and right at the start, you wake up in a locked room, tied to a chair in the middle of a room with a nice big rug, well furnished, and a big fucker tarantula kind of spider infront of you. The spider is about 6 inches tall, maybe 1ft, and about 3-4ft long. You escape by knocking over an oil lamp that's I think resting on the carpet, and you tug it with your feet, it spills and sets the spider, rug, and ropes on fire. You get out the room by searching around and you find a key in a drawer.

I think the name has the word 'mirror' in it, but I'm not sure. and I think it was the second one of the series.

Oh yeah and you're some middle-aged blonde guy with short hair
    Broken Sword, maybe? The character kinda fits the description, and it's point and click, but I haven't played it myself.

Yup, Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror.

Edited:

Sounds like Impossible Creatures to me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Useful x 10Agree x 3Funny x 2Late x 2Artistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,256 Posts
    Broken Sword, maybe? The character kinda fits the description, and it's point and click, but I haven't played it myself.
    YES! Thanks, that's the one. Well the second one, but still.

Thanks for that :cheers:

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,431 Posts

Heart of Darkness. Love that game. Hard as fuck tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    YES! Thanks, that's the one. Well the second one, but still.

Thanks for that :cheers:
    Specifically Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror. Classic game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,256 Posts
    Specifically Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror. Classic game.
    Ah, that's where mirror came from.

Now for the impossible part of searching for this classic game.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broken-Sword...6541030&sr=8-2

It was a shit tonne easier than I thought.

And it's only 30 fucking pence!

I can get the trilogy for 8

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    May as well do my own request:

There was a very old game for PC played from an isometric perspective. You played as a blue bird that carried a magnet around in his claws. You could use the magnets to pick stuff up and solve puzzles, and I think you had to fight tanks and things inside army bases. It was very cartoony and brightly coloured.

23. Post #23
    July 2009
    307 Posts
    A PSX game, it was Japanese but I think they ported it. You played this boy who was like experimented on and had psychic powers, it was extremely violent.

EDIT: Nevermind found it, it's called Galerians.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts
    This was an ooold game for the PC. It was a top view flight action game kind of like galaga in terms of design, but didn't look anything like it, kind of looked like metal slug but as a galaga game. I remember very little about it but you could buy upgrades after each little "mission". There were lots of missiles and what not.
    Is it something like Raptor? I think there was a shop screen after each level.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2007
    132 Posts
    Double agent????
    No, it was a 2d low quality game, the scenario I described was the entire game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,423 Posts
    Game I'm searching for was a game you played a clown with one-cycled bike. it was 2d and you collected ice cream and such things. It was for Amiga

The other game was for Amiga too, you played as a little chicken, can't remember anything else, but 2d too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,680 Posts
    This sidescroller for (windows 95 era) PC and possibly other systems at the time. You played as this little fat kid with a beanie

though I'm not sure if it had the propeller. Anyway, you started out in Alcatraz I believe, and you had to escape/maybe fight a boss. Once you escaped, you were on this go kart driving down a highway in California dodging obstacles and shit... then I think you got to the next level which was the Grand Canyon and then the third was the Alamo...

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT IT'S CALLED ARCADE AMERICA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,651 Posts
    There was this game for the Windows 95 where you play a guy in a yellow jumpsuit who travels through time and fights bad guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

29. Post #29
    February 2008
    185 Posts
    There was this game for the Windows 95 where you play a guy in a yellow jumpsuit who travels through time and fights bad guys.
    Time Commando?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Funny x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,651 Posts
    Holy shit, thank you SO much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

31. Post #31
    December 2008
    707 Posts
    Heart of Darkness. Love that game. Hard as fuck tho.
    Holy shit I fucking love you <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2007
    127 Posts
    no, it was a 2d low quality game, the scenario i described was the entire game.
    irisu syndrome?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,370 Posts
    irisu syndrome?
    Can't be that. There was no man tied up.

34. Post #34
    August 2008
    77 Posts
    I can't remember the name of a game: It was a platformer, I think the character used was female, and I'm pretty sure the first level was in a jungle. I remember flying on... something... across some water as one level. I think i also remember a woman on a robot or something outside a cave, just before the flying part. I remember a huge chinese/japanese blimp and a level with lava and i think cart tracks. It was a 2d sidescroller. May have been for playstation or sega saturn.

Not very descriptive I know, but I do remember loving the game.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,473 Posts
    There was a game that I played a while ago, no idea what console. Basically you started at the bottom of a tower and had to get to up by going around the side of it. It had really strange 3d graphics and there were blue balls trying to get you. Something like that, anybody got any idea?

36. Post #36
    December 2008
    328 Posts
    OK. I know this isn't very descriptive, but it's all i remember.
    The game was for PS1.
    It was a side scroller, and it had similar graphics to Metal Slug. You were a kid.
    You started in a village and made your way to a castle, then to to Egypt and fought a giant sphinx. I remember that the game was as hard as fuck (at least at the time)
    Bud Redhead?

Is it something like Raptor? I think there was a shop screen after each level.

If not Raptor, then maybe Tyrian?

I can't remember the name of a game: It was a platformer, I think the character used was female, and I'm pretty sure the first level was in a jungle. I remember flying on... something... across some water as one level. I think i also remember a woman on a robot or something outside a cave, just before the flying part. I remember a huge chinese/japanese blimp and a level with lava and i think cart tracks. It was a 2d sidescroller. May have been for playstation or sega saturn.
    Mischief Makers or Nights into Dreams?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

June 2009
    50 Posts
    theres a game im trying to remember. it was ps1 for sure. you played as this young guy. it was a side scrolling game and your only weapon was this blue beam on a glove that worked alot like Gmods "Phyisics Gun". you could pick up objects and throw them at enemys or you could pick up the enemys and bash them against the ground till they exploded. there were a bunch of traps like meat grinders and such in the floor, you had to shove 4-5 enemys in them then they would jam and you could get threw. it was one of my favorite ps1 games. I dont remeber anything else

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    Anyone remember the name of that PS2 game where you pretty much controlled fireworks? I don't remember what style it was, as I never played it, but I wanted to pick it up.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. It was Fantavision.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,575 Posts
    Does anyone remember the old Wooden Labyrinth Maze Game, I think that came with XP when it first shipped or something? It was kinda like a tech demo, where you controlled one of those wooden marble labyrinth things by rotating it, and it was really well rendered. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

40. Post #40
    July 2007
    623 Posts
    Okay

PS1
    2D
    Top-down view (Possibly)
    Old timey setting (Like a village)
    There was a wizard looking guy, but you couldn't see his face; only his glowing yellow eyes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)