1. Post #1
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    I bet you all remember Flood from find me, which was then worked on by BoingBoing, which is now... still worked on by BoingBoing!

I recently managed to get him started on Flood once again, but due to a ban, (That does seem to happen often around here...) BoingBoing asked me to post this for him.

For those of you who do not know, Flood Prohibited Rendition (or AKA FloodMod) is a build to survive game where players must spawn, weld, fight, and repeat, as well as buy upgrades for weapons. There are also several maps out there (which I will add here) that bring flood alive.

For the time being, BoingBoing does not have any major additions in sight, but he continues to add small things here and there as well as fix up any issues.

Download:

It's broken. Keep looking ;)

If you REALLY want it, here's the download link: (Copy into tortoiseSVN:)

http://floodmod.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

March 2009
    5 Posts
    SVN link is incorrect?

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Sorry about that, I fixed the link.

4. Post #4

March 2009
    5 Posts
    URL 'http://floodmod.googlecode.com/svn/trunk' doesn't exist

5. Post #5
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    URL 'http://floodmod.googlecode.com/svn/trunk' doesn't exist
    Fixed again :)

6. Post #6

July 2009
    53 Posts
    What issues are fixed? Changelog please?

7. Post #7
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    What issues are fixed? Changelog please?
    Well, to my knowledge BoingBoing hasn't really been keeping a changelog. You can take a look at his old thread, but at that point, floodmod was pretty much rendered unusable. From then to now, BoingBoing has fixed it up so at least it works now. You can post ideas as well at the 2nd link I posted in the first post.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,396 Posts
    I remember "find me" was a major dick and a douche.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,466 Posts
    I remember "find me" was a major dick and a douche.
    You mean "IS". I saw him on Gmod Tower a while back and he was being an asshole by purposely going AFK inside of his suite (this was before the AFK kicker).

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    1,088 Posts
    You mean "IS". I saw him on Gmod Tower a while back and he was being an asshole by purposely going AFK inside of his suite (this was before the AFK kicker).
    And if you would read the GmodTower thread, he told us that he went away from his PC for hours and forgot to exit from gmod...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    You I guess what you're all saying is flood is in the right hands now?

12. Post #12

July 2009
    53 Posts
    It has alot of issues still. I guessing there being fixed? For one theres some sort of anti-pirate system that shoots me off my own boat. The weapons were non purchasable but that got fixed in a SVN update. Theres a few LUA errors in the console but nothing to horrible. So far this could be very promising. Keep up the work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    It has alot of issues still. I guessing there being fixed? For one theres some sort of anti-pirate system that shoots me off my own boat. The weapons were non purchasable but that got fixed in a SVN update. Theres a few LUA errors in the console but nothing to horrible. So far this could be very promising. Keep up the work.
    Ya, things will get done a lot faster if the bugs either go to BoingBoing directly or on google code. I can pass those along to him when I test flood some more.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    931 Posts
    You I guess what you're all saying is flood is in the right hands now?
    If your just editing and adding on to my gamemode it obviously isn't. That is a horribly coded gamemode, it was my first complete gamemode about a month or two after I started learning lua.

Edit:

Sounds like he's breaking it more than he's fixing it. I didn't even have the pirate thing in my released version and the weapons worked just fine. Although I don't think I updated the gamemode to fix the prop protection bug.

Edit:Edit:

Fix the svn url on the google code page, it is different from the fixed one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

July 2009
    53 Posts
    I will just be happy if someone fixes it. I love floodmod. :D I just wish there wasnt so many damn bugs :( I cant fix them all, I couldnt fix that last one and I gave up.

16. Post #16
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Lawl if your just editing and adding on to my gamemode it obviously isn't.
    Ok, first of all, I'm not the one editing/making/whatevering this gamemode. BoingBoing is. I don't know why I would cry about you... >.>

Sounds like he's breaking it more than he's fixing it.
    He's actually adding and fixing. I think you've just caught him at a bad time though, I haven't been testing recently, and it looks like people aren't posting bugs to google code.

Fix the svn url on the google code page, it is different from the fixed one.
    Huh? The one on here is going to be slightly different since I made it compatible with TortoiseSVN.

I don't understand why you're bashing BoingBoing's work here, bringing the gamemode to life, if you say:
    That is an amazingly terribly horribly coded gamemode, it was my first complete gamemode in fact about a month or two after I started learning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

July 2009
    53 Posts
    Ok, first of all, I'm not the one editing/making/whatevering this gamemode. BoingBoing is. I don't know why I would cry about you... >.>

He's actually adding and fixing. I think you've just caught him at a bad time though, I haven't been testing recently, and it looks like people aren't posting bugs to google code.

Huh? The one on here is going to be slightly different since I made it compatible with TortoiseSVN.

I don't understand why you're bashing BoingBoing's work here, bringing the gamemode to life, if you say:
    I think you, boingboing should work together on this....I am running it and can report all bugs but I want in on this, I mean I want your guys steam IDS so we dont have to waste time communicating on here. Gahh. Thanks. :)

18. Post #18
    March 2009
    378 Posts
    I sincerely think that FloodMod should be totally recoded, but I'm working on my own gamemode right now so I don't think its possible for me.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    That's the way props float.

20. Post #20

July 2009
    53 Posts
    That's the way props float.
    You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. I would know. When you get on the prop it slaps you off 20ft. That is not how the props float. The issue is the anti-Pirating Implementation is not recognizing you have ownership of the props and is excuting the slap which sends you flying. Really now....your going to say that is how they float. I hope that was a joke. >.>

21. Post #21
    August 2009
    4 Posts
    pics or it never happened.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Not actually garry" - Dragon))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #22

July 2009
    53 Posts
    pics or it never happened.
    Stop wasting our time. I'm reporting bugs for the gamemode and your just trolling.

23. Post #23
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Stop wasting our time. I'm reporting bugs for the gamemode and your just trolling.
    Lol a garry imitator. TheParadox it could also be a source engine glitch, those are certainly not far and few.

BoingBoing posted:
    I sincerely think that FloodMod should be totally recoded, but I'm working on my own gamemode right now so I don't think its possible for me.
    Huh!?

24. Post #24

July 2009
    53 Posts
    Lol a garry imitator. TheParadox it could also be a source engine glitch, those are certainly not far and few.

Huh!?
    I thought he was redoing it...? TGP can you add me on steam already?

25. Post #25
    July 2008
    865 Posts
    A freind of mine recently put this on his server, we need to know how to change settings in the gamemode such as timers and things.

and we have a problem that the timers keep stopping for no reason at all

26. Post #26
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    A freind of mine recently put this on his server, we need to know how to change settings in the gamemode such as timers and things.

and we have a problem that the timers keep stopping for no reason at all
    Well... the timers aren't exactly meant to be changed, but you can search through the files and change them yourself. That would ofcourse make future svn updates very difficult without overwriting your changed.

And for the timers randomly stopping, do you have any console errors?

27. Post #27
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    5,311 Posts
    For a start find me didn't hand over Flood to BoingBoing. This still sucks. It's still got all of find me's original code.

Indeed find me is a dick. But it's still his gamemode eh?

28. Post #28
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    For a start find me didn't hand over Flood to BoingBoing. This still sucks. It's still got all of find me's original code.

Indeed find me is a dick. But it's still his gamemode eh?
    Well, I guess we can call this the "Second Gen". Sure, it still has it's old DNA, but it's being modified.

29. Post #29
    March 2009
    378 Posts
    I'm also deciding to whether to change the file names the gamemode saves on or not, since people will be using the old files and everyone will be complaining about how they lost all their money.

30. Post #30
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    I'm also deciding to whether to change the file names the gamemode saves on or not, since people will be using the old files and everyone will be complaining about how they lost all their money.
    Maybe you can have it do a changeover when everyone updates. I would actually like it if you consolidated everything to one single file, or even started using databases.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    931 Posts
    Don't be messing around with file and folder names until you know how to actually do it or properly transfer the old info into the new. And anyways everything would be better off in one file. Or at least one folder per person, right now I think I did a separate one for money, membership, ect.

You obviously don't know a whole lot about lua boingboing, I'm not trying to come off as a dick but a lot of the things you changed make hardly any difference, and from what I see and know more stuff is getting broken with this version then the original one. After I finish my new gamemode I might just go back to flood mod, redo it, and create a week/monthly update so I stop getting these people trying to add some junk to my gamemode, break it a bit, then take credit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Don't be messing around with file and folder names until you know how to actually do it or properly transfer the old info into the new. And anyways everything would be better off in one file. Or at least one folder per person, right now I think I did a separate one for money, membership, ect.

You obviously don't know a whole lot about lua boingboing, I'm not trying to come off as a dick but a lot of the things you changed make hardly any difference, and from what I see and know more stuff is getting broken with this version then the original one. After I finish my new gamemode I might just go back to flood mod, redo it, and create a week/monthly update so I stop getting these people trying to add some junk to my gamemode, break it a bit, then take credit.
    Find me, he's still crediting you.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    931 Posts
    Find me, he's still crediting you.
    You didn't get the point did you? He's trying to help I guess but he's really not. Breaking more things than he fixes(which are currently 0 to my knowledge) and adding some things that breaks other stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    You didn't get the point did you? He's trying to help I guess but he's really not. Breaking more things than he fixes(which are currently 0 to my knowledge) and adding some things that breaks other stuff.
    Well, I suggest you hurry up on your other gamemode then :P

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    931 Posts
    Well, I suggest you hurry up on your other gamemode then :P
    Well this gamemode won't be like the others, design and style or speed and performance. This one will have an equal amount of both but will be very good so I'm taking some time and putting some thought into it. Although when I do get the beta out I will start on the new flood mod so I don't have to keep seeing these terrible remakes and "fixer" threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Well this gamemode won't be like the others, design and style or speed and performance. This one will have an equal amount of both but will be very good so I'm taking some time and putting some thought into it. Although when I do get the beta out I will start on the new flood mod so I don't have to keep seeing these terrible remakes and "fixer" threads.
    Ok, if it really bugs you that much.

37. Post #37
    August 2009
    20 Posts
    Is it Just me or I cant Pick up Props with the Phys Gun or Grav Gun, Tool Gun is Broke and How Do I Change the Timer, Water Also Doesnt Spawn O_o

38. Post #38
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Is it Just me or I cant Pick up Props with the Phys Gun or Grav Gun, Tool Gun is Broke and How Do I Change the Timer, Water Also Doesnt Spawn O_o
    Umm #1 and #2 could possible be because they're other people's props. I don't understand #3, you need to be more descriptive there. #4, try editing the main game.lua (I forgot it's real name.) #5 The map you're playing on is broken.

Again, it's been awhile since I've last tested so those are just my guess.

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    20 Posts
    Umm #1 and #2 could possible be because they're other people's props. I don't understand #3, you need to be more descriptive there. #4, try editing the main game.lua (I forgot it's real name.) #5 The map you're playing on is broken.

Again, it's been awhile since I've last tested so those are just my guess.
    1) They're my Props Which im Trying to Pick Up

3) The Tool Gun doesnt work i cant weld props together etc. Rope Tool doesnt work as well.

4) I looked in the gamemode folder and editted some .lua folders and couldnt find it if anyone knows how to do this please reply

5) Can you suggest some maps please?

40. Post #40
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    1) They're my Props Which im Trying to Pick Up

3) The Tool Gun doesnt work i cant weld props together etc. Rope Tool doesnt work as well.

4) I looked in the gamemode folder and editted some .lua folders and couldnt find it if anyone knows how to do this please reply

5) Can you suggest some maps please?
    You can try searching gmod.org for gms. Any errors come up when you try to use the toolgun? Does it even come up at all? (The viewmodel?)