1. Post #1
    March 2008
    1,261 Posts
    MARBLEHEAD (FOX25, myfoxboston) - The owner of Gravity Fitness in Marblehead says gym members have complained about the American flag hanging inside the gym.

The Fitness club's owner, 23 year-old Mark Shea, hung the 12 foot long flag from the gym rafters on Friday and had over a dozen complaints by Monday.

Some have complained that the flag blocks gym televisions, while some members have gone as far as to say that the flag is offensive.

One members was quoted to say "It's like putting a Jesus cross in my face."

Another member feels the exact opposite and said "This is America. If you don't like to see the flag you can move somewhere else."

Shea did move the flag so it would not block the TVs but said now the flag is going to stay right where it is. He also said if the complaining members decide to leave the gym he will just have to live with that.

:foxnews:

Video Here: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...g-is-offensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 18Agree x 5Funny x 3Artistic x 2Informative x 1Bad Spelling x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,175 Posts
    If you don't like America get the fuck out god damn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 120Disagree Disagree x 19Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,020 Posts
    If they find the flag offensive they should just fuck off and leave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 84Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,558 Posts
    "It's like putting a Jesus cross in my face."
    Wow. That's really stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 89Disagree Disagree x 11Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    I agree with the second member. :911: or tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2008
    1,261 Posts
    My thoughts exactly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    Although the flag blocking the TV is a valid complaint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 114Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,053 Posts
    Blocking the TV I can understand, but how the fuck is it offensive?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    Blocking the TVs? What a bunch of pricks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,165 Posts

I don't see why this should offend anyone. Especially Americans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 51Funny x 4Dumb x 2Disagree x 2Bad Spelling x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2008
    1,261 Posts
    Move the flag problem solved
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading x 10Disagree x 3Agree x 1Funny x 1Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,583 Posts
    He also said if the complaining members decide to leave the gym he will just have to live with that.
    That's actually fucking badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 44Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Get a smaller flag

/problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2009
    140 Posts
    Wow, those are pretty lame complaints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,192 Posts
    If they find the flag offensive they should just fuck off and leave.
    Because moving yourself, your family, and all your possessions from one country to another is easy and cheap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 38Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,124 Posts
    How is the flag offensive?
    It's the most beautiful symbol I have ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree x 48Agree x 13Dumb x 5Friendly x 3Bad Reading x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    Because moving yourself, your family, and all your possessions from one country to another is easy and cheap.
    Then don't complain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,091 Posts
    Some have complained that the flag blocks gym televisions, while some members have gone as far as to say that the flag is offensive.
    More likely the case is the television bit.

Also large obnoxious signs of patriotism are annoying to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,941 Posts
    People are running out of things to be offended by it seems.

Actually I just wanted to make a witty comment, I have no official stance on this issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,275 Posts

Only a gud fer nothin commie takes issue with a comically large 'merican flag being flown for obscure if not entirely unknown reasons in an establishment that doesn't warrant its appearance in the first place.

geegurkadurrgs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic x 11Funny x 8Agree x 3Informative x 1Disagree x 1Bad Spelling x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,976 Posts
    Those peple are stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 15Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    Those peple are stupid.
    :irony:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Uh, this is America. If you think it's unreasonable that an American establishment have an American flag in it, there's an issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    LOO POO'S BIG FAN !!!!!!!! LOVES SHITPOSTING ALMOST AS MUCH!!!!
    October 2009
    8,758 Posts
    I read it as "It's like putting Jesus' ass in my face"

And than I wut'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 11Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    January 2008
    794 Posts
    Even if you don't support America or its government, it's the flag of the nation you're residing in. The flag has every right to be displayed within American territory. I could understand this complaint if it was a foreign flag or an ideological/political flag, but it's not. Even if it was, it has a right to be there on private property if the owner allows it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,817 Posts
    What do they want? The Union Jack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    What do they want? The Union Jack?
    Actually it's only the Union Jack when flown on a ship.
    It's the Union flag. :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,649 Posts
    Looks like Flakie Americans are at the bottom of the barrel on things to be offended by and are now saying their own flag is offensive

maybe to an OCD patient who counts stars at night, and goes indoors to cope with it, only Oh fuck it, you know what, Fuck you if you're offended by your nation's flag, Move somewhere where it isn't flown if it bothers you that much, if not, Sit down, Shut the fuck Up, and do your god damn leg curls

Blocking the TV's is a legit complaint, But 'It's like throwing a Jesus Cross in my face' ? Really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Don't people understand? This is America.

America: One person to argue that if you don't like America you can get out, one person to argue that a flag is a religious symbol, and one person to argue that he can't see the television.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    That's fucking stupid. If you don't like America, get the fuck out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 8Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    8,758 Posts
    I'm rating you cock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 20Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Don't people understand? This is America.

America: One person to argue that if you don't like America you can get out, one person to argue that a flag is a religious symbol, and one person to argue that he can't see the television.
    Except the flag isn't a religious issue, so there's absolutely no reason to complain about except to be a whiny prick. Which we have a lot of as of late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    October 2009
    8,758 Posts
    Fuck I mean clock

Goddamn broke my automerge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 12Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    I'm rating you cock
    Thank you, I need to wake up early tomorrow anyways.

Edited:

Fuck I mean clock

Goddamn broke my automerge
    Broke MY automerge.

You do realize, this means war.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2008
    917 Posts

I don't see why this should offend anyone. Especially Americans.
    Oh fuck, how can you put something that offensive up here, I demand it be taken down I'm calling my lawyer your gonna be sued.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Except the flag isn't a religious issue, so there's absolutely no reason to complain about except to be a whiny prick. Which we have a lot of as of late.
    Except in Fucking AMERICA you can say whatever you want because it's America. Freedom of speech should be applauded, not greeted with "GIT OUT"

Then again, it's fucking America, the flag is kind of important.

This is exactly what the founding fathers wanted. Not even a joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

37. Post #37
    Except in Fucking AMERICA you can say whatever you want because it's America. Freedom of speech should be applauded, not greeted with "GIT OUT"
    Free speech doesn't make all statements true. The flag is not religious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

38. Post #38
    October 2009
    8,758 Posts
    Thank you, I need to wake up early tomorrow anyways.

Edited:

Broke MY automerge.

You do realize, this means war.
    Bring it bitch

Edited:

yeah but they could find the blatant expressing of the flag offensive. It's still freedom of speech and thus allowed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,275 Posts
    Free speech doesn't make all statements true. The flag is not religious.
    Shame on a nigguh who try to run game on a nigguh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,640 Posts
    I think that's the point: We have the freedom to say extremely stupid shit here. Take fox news for example...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)