1. Post #1
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    :siren:NO ELITISM AT ALL IS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD, IF YOU ARE ELITIST, I WILL REPORT YOU TO A MODERATOR:siren:

Original thread:
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=763811

Metallica thread, ALL METALLICA DISCUSSIONS GO THERE
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=771575

Megadeth is a thrash metal band formed in 1983, after Metallica guitarist Dave Mustaine was kicked from the band for his hard drug abuse and alcohol problems, as he wanted to be more famous, and play better, harder music. Mustaine formed Megadeth with bassist David Ellefson, and has gone through many band members, with only the original 2 members remaining thoughout the band's life, until 2002, when Ellefson left due to personal disagreements with Mustaine. Megadeth have released 17 albums (11 studio, 6 live), along with 30 singles, 2 EPs, 32 music videos and 3 compilations.

Megadeth rose to fame during the 1980s, as a pioneer of the the thrash metal movement, and has been widely regarded as one of the "Big Four of Thrash", alongside their main competitor, Metallica, as well as Slayer and Anthrax.

The band's first album was "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!", released in 1985, followed by their second album, "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" 2 years later, in 1987. "So Far, So Good... So What!" was released in 1988, "Rust In Peace" in 1990, "Countdown To Extinction" in 1992, "Youthanasia" in 1994, "Cryptic Writings" in 1997, "Risk" in 1999, "The World Needs A Hero" in 2001, "Still Alive... And Well?" in 2002, "The System Has Failed" in 2004, and "United Abominations" in 2007.

The band broke up during 2002, after Mustaine received a serious nerve injury in his left arm. He began to play guitar again after 4 months of physical therapy 5 days a week, having to basically re-teach his left hand.

The original line up was Mustaine (guitar, vocals), Ellefson(bass), Greg Handevidt (guitar) and Dijon Carruthers (drums).

The current line up is: Mustaine (guitar, vocals):

Chris Broderick (guitar, backing vocals):

David Ellefson (bass, backing vocals):

and Shawn Drover (drums/percussion):

Past members can be seen in the list below:

Greg Handevidt guitar, backing vocals (19831984)
    Gar Samuelson drums, percussion (19841987)
    Chris Poland guitar, backing vocals (19841987, 2004)
    Mike Albert guitar, backing vocals (1984-1985)
    Chuck Behler drums, percussion (19871988)
    Jeff Young guitar, backing vocals (19881990)
    Nick Menza drums, percussion (19891998, 2004)
    Marty Friedman guitar, backing vocals (19902000)
    Jimmy DeGrasso drums, percussion (19982002)
    Al Pitrelli guitar, backing vocals (20022004)
    Vinnie Colaiuta drums, percussion (2004)
    Jimmy Sloas bass guitar, backing vocals (2004)
    James MacDonough bass guitar, backing vocals (20042006)
    Glen Drover guitar, backing vocals (20042008)
    James LoMenzo - bass guitar, backing vocals (2006 - 2010)

:siren:Megadeth's new album, titled "Endgame" has been released, if you haven't already, BUY IT NOW:siren:

One of the most recognisable features of a Megadeth song is Dave's very snarly vocals, which may be regarded as a love-hate feature.

Themes that occur the most often are political issues, war, and nuclear war, as well as the aftermath, and as of late, personal happenings.

Album art:

Killing Is My Business:
    Original:

Remaster:

Peace Sells:

So Far, So Good... So What!:

Rust In Peace:

Countdown To Extinction:

Youthanasia:

Cryptic Writings

Risk (2 versions, no idea which is which)

The World Needs A Hero:

The System Has Failed:

United Abominations:

Endgame:

Songs :

Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!

These Boots (Uncensored)

Hangar 18

Return To Hangar

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Dread And The Fugitive Mind

Peace Sells

Headcrusher

44 Minutes

Back In The Day

Devils Island

The Conjuring

Set The World Afire

Live Videos (Blood On The Water(thanks Andy-)):

Kit:

Guitars:

Mustaine: Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT with Seymour Duncan 'LiveWire Dave Mustaine Active Humbucker' pickups

Broderick: Ibanez RG1527 and RGA Custom with Bare Knuckle 'Cold Sweat' - bridge position and 'Mule' - neck position pickups
    Planet Waves auto-trim tuners.

Ellefson: Peavey Zodiac DE four string, Zodiac DE five string, Jackson Concert four string, Concert five string, Modulus Quantum 5 five string, B.C. Rich Mockingbird

Drums:

Drover: DDRUM Drums with Sabian 14" Evolution High Hats, 14" Stage High Hats, 16" Rock Crash HH, 16" Medium Thin Crash HH, 18" Stage Crash HHX, 18" Rock Crash HH, 19" Rock Crash HH, 20" Chinese AA, 20" Chinese HHX, 22" AA Metal X Ride cymbals

Wallpapers and shiz

http://www.megadeth.com/downloads.php

TV Ads

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 17Dumb x 16Informative x 11Artistic x 2Friendly x 2Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    New thread go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Anything you want added to the OP, let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    923 Posts
    more like megadeaf

Edited:

Are they doing a concert?

:smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    Oh

That concert :saddowns:

It'd be an awesome Birthday present, it's les than 2 weeks :crying:

6. Post #6
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Updated OP with instruments.

7. Post #7
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    Was the news of the new album just when Dave said he was doing one, or is there any more info on it?

8. Post #8
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    This was intended for the 30th anniversary of Killing Is My Business, so this is likely to be the last cover we see.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,022 Posts
    :iia:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Done, and what a long OP that has become.

12. Post #12
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,239 Posts
    Yay, I use an Ibanez Road Gear too. :buddy:

13. Post #13
    June 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Hey look im posting in this thread.

the music is p. nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

14. Post #14
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,152 Posts
    Any reason you made a duplicate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Well the other one locked, isn't that a good reason? Or should I have put V2 into the title?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    923 Posts
    Someone's on the ball.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

17. Post #17
    October 2007
    4,073 Posts
    Wow, thats a good post mate :D

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,366 Posts
    more like megadeaf

Edited:

:smug:
    Fuck yeah man, that was the best concert ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

19. Post #19
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,152 Posts
    Well the other one locked, isn't that a good reason? Or should I have put V2 into the title?
    Oh, I didn't notice because you linked me the old one and I didn't look on the thread list. And I can post in locked threads so it didn't appear to be locked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    So do locked threads not have the text and background greyed out in the thread list and have the locked icon for moderators?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,797 Posts
    Here's the proof you've been waiting for dcalde.

Also, here's my newest shirt:

:c00lbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    :buddy:

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    SolidSnake52 posted:
    Not even Metallica? (I know that's a bad word here if it gets discussed too long)

Where do you live?
    I live in Australia, I can't remember if any of the big four have toured here recently but if they have, I know that I wouldn't have been able to go alone and none of my family are into metal.... I know that metallica will probably come here next year so hopefully I'll get to see them, but I don't know when megadeth will come here, seeing them would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

24. Post #24
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    My stepdad's into this stuff :cool:

He'd go with me :smug:

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    My stepdad's into this stuff :cool:

He'd go with me :smug:
    I'm 18 in a month and a half, so If either Megadeth or Metallica come to Sydney next year, I'm fucking going!

26. Post #26
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,628 Posts
    Cryptic Writings is a fucking awesome album. That's all I came here to say. It's fucking great and I like every song on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

27. Post #27
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,867 Posts
    I really want to know whose skull they used for the original Killing is my Business cover. Who was the real Vic Rattlehead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,320 Posts
    I still don't understand why everybody sucks up to Dave Mustaine so much.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Broderick's LACS Ibanez is so fucking hot.

30. Post #30
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    He's an awesome guitarist, and although he has a very short temper, he's actually a really cool guy. Check out some of his interviews. And he started, or is starting, a music school somewhere, so kids can learn to play. He's done lots of stuff just because he can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Most people think of him as an arrogant prick after what happened with Metallica, and yeah, he has his moments, like when people shine lasers in his face and sound problems fuck everything to the point where he lobs his guitar off stage, but in reality, he's not that bad a guy. If you're nice to him, he's nice back.

On a side note, on Friday, my friend told me a story about his brother going to see a Megadeth concert in Nottingham (or something) about a decade ago. He didn't know exactly where to go, so he tapped a guy on the shoulder to ask him where to go. Turns out he tapped Mustaine on the shoulder and he was kinda starstruck. The conversation kinda went:

"Excuse me, do you know whe- oh my god you're Dave Mustaine. Uh, where are you playing tonight?"

"At the arena, it's just over there."

:psyboom:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    If Dave Mustaine acts like a dick, he has good reason too. Ever since he was kicked out of Metallica, there have been people who've said that he wasn't good enough for them, or that Kirk Hammett is a much better guitarist (I don't agree with either point, Kirk and Dave each have their own styles, so comparing them is stupid) So he's had nearly 30 years of putting up with people trying to put him down, that's enough to piss anyone off.

Most people think of him as an arrogant prick after what happened with Metallica, and yeah, he has his moments, like when people shine lasers in his face and sound problems fuck everything to the point where he lobs his guitar off stage, but in reality, he's not that bad a guy. If you're nice to him, he's nice back.

On a side note, on Friday, my friend told me a story about his brother going to see a Megadeth concert in Nottingham (or something) about a decade ago. He didn't know exactly where to go, so he tapped a guy on the shoulder to ask him where to go. Turns out he tapped Mustaine on the shoulder and he was kinda starstruck. The conversation kinda went:

"Excuse me, do you know whe- oh my god you're Dave Mustaine. Uh, where are you playing tonight?"

"At the arena, it's just over there."

:psyboom:
    Haha, oh god that would have been funny to see.

33. Post #33
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    Lucky fuck.

And yeah, people look down on Dave's personality because he had bad relations with the members of Metallica. He beat the drummer up, I think. They kicked him out before they released their first album.

But if you don't be a prick to him he won't be a prick to you.

Jack Bryce, elite ninja :ninja:

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,125 Posts
    Lucky fuck.

And yeah, people look down on Dave's personality because he had bad relations with the members of Metallica. He beat the drummer up, I think. They kicked him out before they released their first album.

But if you don't be a prick to him he won't be a prick to you.
    He didn't beat Lars up, he was just a bigger drinker than the rest of the band and it led to a couple of fights with other members, he caused Ron McGovney to quit by short-circuiting his bass with a can of beer. They arrived in NY to record the first album, played a few shows with him then kicked him out and hired Kirk. At least that's what I've read.

35. Post #35
    Resident Dick Master
    Dennab
    September 2008
    38,699 Posts
    Mustaine attacked James Hetfield when his dog ruined his Bass, cos he kicked it.

And he wrote 4 of the songs for Kill 'Em All, but he was kicked out before it was finished or released.

36. Post #36
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Mustaine attacked James Hetfield when his dog ruined his Bass, cos he kicked it.

And he wrote 4 of the songs for Kill 'Em All, but he was kicked out before it was finished or released.
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,022 Posts
    From what I understand, Dave's dog broke James' bass, so James got mad and kicked the dog. And then Dave got mad and attacked James.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

38. Post #38
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    But James doesn't play bass :raise:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2009
    222 Posts
    Dave poured beer on Ron's bass

James kicked Dave's dog

separate incidents
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    I really want to know whose skull they used for the original Killing is my Business cover. Who was the real Vic Rattlehead?
    Wikipedia has the answer.

The album's artwork, featuring a plastic skull with tinfoil, was not intended to be the original artwork. Mustaine wanted a picture of Megadeth mascot Vic Rattlehead on the cover, however the studio lost the artwork, so they improvised the low-budget replacement
    The skull is plastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)