1. Post #1
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    I live in Scotland, in a town right next to Glasgow.. and Sauchiehall Street (a narrow, shallow sloped strip, jam packed with commuters) is quite well known around here for being 'Busktown'.

There's usually 5-7 acts on at a time spread down this shallow slope of a street and I figure me and my buddy (and possibly someone else) could set up a nice little jam and play some songs ranging from popular new rock/acoustic music to older more classic rock and acoustic records.

The question is.. do you think it's worth it? It's really hard to find g igs around here and besides the internet and harassing radio studios, this is the only way we can get some exposure as a group.

I have a laaarge following (8000+ subscribers for MW2 Gameplay vids) on YouTube where I could promote the music too and possibly direct them to a Youtube channel with videos or recordings of our music.

So yeah, should we busk or not? I could get someone to (very professionally) record our performances as examples of us 'on the spot' or 'live', I guess.

2. Post #2
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    What have you got to lose?

Go for it, and let us know how things go

FP supports a bro

3. Post #3
    April 2007
    981 Posts
    I think you have already answered your question. If it's hard to get gigs, and you want exposure, then busking is the next best thing to actually having a show. It's better than just sitting so do it.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,665 Posts
    I live in Scotland, in a town right next to Glasgow.. and Sauchiehall Street (a narrow, shallow sloped strip, jam packed with commuters) is quite well known around here for being 'Busktown'.

There's usually 5-7 acts on at a time spread down this shallow slope of a street and I figure me and my buddy (and possibly someone else) could set up a nice little jam and play some songs ranging from popular new rock/acoustic music to older more classic rock and acoustic records.

The question is.. do you think it's worth it? It's really hard to find g igs around here and besides the internet and harassing radio studios, this is the only way we can get some exposure as a group.

I have a laaarge following (8000+ subscribers for MW2 Gameplay vids) on YouTube where I could promote the music too and possibly direct them to a Youtube channel with videos or recordings of our music.

So yeah, should we busk or not? I could get someone to (very professionally) record our performances as examples of us 'on the spot' or 'live', I guess.
    I go to Sauchiehall street all the time! I might see you sometime haha. I say go for it, nothing to lose.

5. Post #5
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    I go to Sauchiehall street all the time! I might see you sometime haha. I say go for it, nothing to lose.
    Look for an average ginger kid, a pretty sick acoustic guitar player and possible someone banging a few drums and shout 'YO LASGUNZZZZZ' and I'll be like 'what?' because I pretend I don't have a whole 2nd life on the internet.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,665 Posts
    Haha alright :D. When do you start busking?

7. Post #7
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    Haha alright :D. When do you start busking?
    Dunno, we're still kinda learning what songs we wanna play regularly and writing a list of songs we can swap around with older ones etc.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,794 Posts
    Play Nothing Else Matters by Metallica!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,004 Posts
    No! For Whom! FOR WHOM!

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,794 Posts
    Good Mourning/Black Friday!

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,219 Posts
    Slayer - Raining Blood (Acoustic)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,044 Posts
    Slayer - Raining Blood (Acoustic)
    this. do this.

DUN DUN DUN DUN dling dling dling, dling dling dling , dling dling dliiing

DUN DUN DUN DUN dling dling dling, dling dling dling, dling dling dliiing

Edited:

seriously though you should do it. People really have no idea what a goldmine busking is, on a good day you can get like 100 if you do it all day.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    702 Posts
    Do busking arrangements of cheesey music, everyone loves cheesey music that reminds them of when they were younger.