1. Post #1
    August 2009
    1,079 Posts
    If you like sci-fi settings then check this one out.

Copy pasta infos:
    General
    Face of Mankind is a Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) Action RPG in a single persistent universe. You will control a single character in the science-fiction game world.

Once installed on your PC you will have access to an ever changing game environment via your internet connection. Thousands of players throughout the universe co-operate, compete or co-exist in a realistic and futuristic world of the 24th+ century.
    The skill and luck of the players from rival factions change the balance of power. Players have full control over their gaming experience by creating their own rules, faction hierarchy and story.
    The objective of the game is to evolve your character to its ultimate potential, whether that is the accumulation of wealth, power, social status or all three.

Factions
    Eight factions make up the fabric of the society. Each faction can bring a different atmosphere to the game whether by war, control of a colony and its mines or undermining prices on the market.

Factions are led by a leader who is elected by their members and who uses their abilities to take colonies, make deals with other factions to help control the market or hire out as mercenaries. Individual players are citizens of the Dominion, banded together in their factions they become a force to fear.

Background Story
    By the end of the 22nd century, the overcrowding of Earth’s cities, the growing drain on natural resources, and the memories of recent violence caused mankind to desire new and remote locations to start their lives over again. The International Space Administration’s colonization efforts provided the perfect solution – distant havens for hundreds of thousands of Earth’s citizens to take up residence. As colonization efforts spread and the Vortex-Net brought humanity to the stars in ever-greater numbers, mankind’s footprint became more noticeable on a galactic scale.

More info: http://www.fomportal.com/game.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Account signup: http://www.fomportal.com/account_login.php

Download: http://fomportal.com/download.php
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos / Tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...908D6C0B0726DD

Enjoy! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 6Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2009
    2,379 Posts
    Sure il give it a go :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,002 Posts
    Looks incredibly generic and boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,170 Posts
    Face of mankind is kinda like a 2nd job.
    Its fun but rarely any massive battles.
    also most of the time your guarding spots for exp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2009
    2,379 Posts
    gave it a go...

nup hate it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    736 Posts
    This reminds me of SWG, Even though I didn't fight in that game (I was a trader) I loved it immensely. I can't wait to try this.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    I love the concept of this game, basically everything is player run. So it really makes am impact on who becomes powerful.

FACEPUNCH CORPORATIONS GO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,973 Posts
    I love the concept of this game, basically everything is player run. So it really makes am impact on who becomes powerful.

FACEPUNCH CORPORATIONS GO!
    I support this movement. I've got a mercenary on level 1, started playing not to long ago.
    Any high leveled dudes able to do a corporation?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    This game isn't meant for the masses, it's a closed community so keep it that way, Jesus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2008
    904 Posts
    LED need to get their ass in line, I'm an R2 FDC corporal and I got arrested for reloading my pistol in a Low security zone by a trainee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Wow, me and around 20-30 Brotherhood started a peaceful protest in Manhattan, the FDC and LED started killing us all.

War is gonna break out real soon.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    LED seems kinda power hungry, actually.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    They are, I joined thinking it would be fun, all we have is idiots who try to do anything.

I wanna get out but don't know how, my option is A) go to Merc camp, tell them I want to die like a pig so I can join their side.

L.E.D Constantly Berate each other, and clusterfuck Tokyo and NYC, it's stupid as fuck and they berate each other to a facepalming level.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    The graphics and such look strikingly similar to Anarchy Online. Please tell me the community and gameplay aren't that bad, too.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    If you don't join the FDC or the LED, the community is fine because only the idiots wanting to be army heroes or power hungry cops all go there.

Gameplay is good. I haven't really played that much but it seems politics have a lot to do with it.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,192 Posts
    Vortex Inc. looks interesting.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,530 Posts
    Vortex Inc. looks interesting.
    I'm in Vortex Inc., Great community, and we do need more members since we don't have a strong private army yet.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,973 Posts
    I'm in Vortex Inc., Great community, and we do need more members since we don't have a strong private army yet.
    Gonna make a Vortex when my merc is dead

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    409 Posts
    Joined Vortex, name is Demonlord

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    I joined The Brotherhood.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,973 Posts
    Mercenary here, Erahn Valder. Feel free to message me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    I lost all hope for this when I was arrested twice whilst using a market terminal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2008
    1,697 Posts
    i don't have a damn clue what i'm doing in this game, other than shooting my medigun at fucking everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2008
    904 Posts
    If you buy an apartemnt of some sort you can use a computer in it to change your faction.

25. Post #25
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,840 Posts
    Proud LED R2 for a week now :)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    LED are assholes.

The FDC is less of that but I think thats because they are at war with somebody right now.

Update on the BoS: Poor as shit, the VI and the FDC want to start a war with us, and we are struggling to hold onto our last planet: CD.

Edited:

Any way to delete characters or clones?

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    1,514 Posts
    So what is the recommended faction to join?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,973 Posts
    LED are assholes.

The FDC is less of that but I think thats because they are at war with somebody right now.

Update on the BoS: Poor as shit, the VI and the FDC want to start a war with us, and we are struggling to hold onto our last planet: CD.

Edited:

Any way to delete characters or clones?
    Kill yourself or get killed. Only way. And I love how we brotherhoods are all passive about the FDC considering that they have a fucking factory on CD and we got missions to kill the FDC and the leaders wont let us do them!

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    Going to look for a good spot to suicide jump to death

Since L.E.D is a fucking horrible faction to be in.

30. Post #30
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,520 Posts
    im in fdc, and we get our own private space ship to have dance partys on all night... FUCK I JUST GAVE AWAY THE REASON DPS GAVE US THE YUKON!

btw im one of the classic fom players. was very glad to see this game come back to life

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Any good ways to make money?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,204 Posts
    I just started, it seems like the best way to make money is to carefully mine and produce objects then trade them with another colony.

Oh, and do the patrol and guard duty missions for your faction, you get a sort of paycheck that gets payed every 8 hours.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    What items do you make, and where is a good place to sell them.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,204 Posts
    I made Quality-2 Plasma for a while, that seems to sell for a good deal more than it's made for.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,973 Posts
    I made Quality-2 Plasma for a while, that seems to sell for a good deal more than it's made for.
    Gonna start making some guns (Being a Brotherhood now, crafting weapons is a good way to earn money as it is a objective) and sell a fuckton of them. I can give you two some special low prices if you give me something back :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    I have 100 UC.

Edited:

I'm poor as shit, I need to figure out how to make good cash.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I just switched factions last night. Former R4 LED now R1 GoM.

38. Post #38
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,169 Posts
    Is there like a faction in this that resembles the EDF from Red Faction: Guerilla? If so, this might be worth checking out.

39. Post #39
    July 2007
    37 Posts
    Is there like a faction in this that resembles the EDF from Red Faction: Guerilla? If so, this might be worth checking out.
    LED or FDC.

Think of the LED as the Police, and they are able to arrest and such.

The FDC is the Military on the other hand, and they can do what ever the fuck they want.

Despite these two factions being quite close together and allied, and part of the government, they actually don't get along quite well.

40. Post #40
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,169 Posts
    Which one is the one with least incompetent dumbfucks?