1. Post #1
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    SVN version:
    http://gmodcapsadmin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons/pac3

Workshop version:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104691717

The SVN version is almost always ahead of the workshop version. It could also be unstable though.

Here's the wiki which covers basic usage of PAC3:

http://pac.educatewiki.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Lua King x 172Useful x 90Funny x 47Artistic x 18Winner x 14Friendly x 8Dumb x 8Agree x 8Informative x 4Lua Helper x 3Zing x 2Optimistic x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    660 Posts
    Awesome work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 34Lua King Lua King x 3Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2007
    86 Posts
    I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Bad Spelling x 15Disagree x 6Dumb x 3Funny x 3Agree x 2Lua King x 2Lua Helper x 1Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    582 Posts
    :iia:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 36Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,093 Posts
    I jizzed little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Optimistic x 23Informative x 9Funny x 8Agree x 6Dumb x 4Artistic x 3Friendly x 2Bad Spelling x 2Lua King x 1Useful x 1Late x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    AWesome!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree x 6Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Bad Reading x 1Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,318 Posts
    Sweet! I assume there's a reasonable limit on the number of trails/sprites/effects/lights you can have?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    Sweet! I assume there's a reasonable limit on the number of trails/sprites/effects/lights you can have?
    Yes. This can be adjusted in the options tab in the spawn menu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 14Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2008
    1,038 Posts
    Jesus Christ! Well done! Do the wearable props clip through the world and normal props? (sorry if it's a stupid question)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,969 Posts
    wow, this looks awesome :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,951 Posts
    Sweet!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    It looks cool and I like the fact that you can change ANYTHIng but the problem is, on low resolution it looks actually quite bad and I cannot save because the Client button is cut off off the screen!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member

April 2009
    726 Posts
    Nice work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    315 Posts
    Any chance of a regular download? It is at a releasable state, I presume.

nvm, downloading bit by bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    It looks cool and I like the fact that you can change ANYTHIng but the problem is, on low resolution it looks actually quite bad and I cannot save because the Client button is cut off off the screen!
    I just tried this and anything under 1024 x 768 seems to not work very well.

I personally play at maximum resolution but in no border mode so it looks like fullscreen, but it isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

16. Post #16
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    Yeah I have it in 1024x768 windowed, because my graphic card isn't the best >.>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,012 Posts
    What happened to the old one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    What happened to the old one?
    Ugly and messy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    moo
    November 2006
    4,793 Posts
    Just played with it a bit, it's really nice. I love all the things you can do with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Viking Member
    November 2008
    5,438 Posts
    Just tried it and it works fine in singleplayer. Very amusing tool and it's surprisingly fun building up armor piece by piece.
    :bravo:

However in multiplayer there were some bugs.
    I tried unequipping armor pieces but other players could still see it.
    Also the sprites often went away for some reason.

My suggestions:
    Add a way to delete saved sets of armor ingame.
    Add a prop browser with icons rather than having to look up the name and type it in manually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    Add a prop browser with icons rather than having to look up the name and type it in manually.
    You dont have to type it manually, in the spawnlist right-click on the Prop you want and use the "Copy to clipboard" function.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    Just tried it and it works fine in singleplayer. Very amusing tool and it's surprisingly fun building up armor piece by piece.
    :bravo:

However in multiplayer there were some bugs.
    I tried unequipping armor pieces but other players could still see it.
    Also the sprites often went away for some reason.

My suggestions:
    Add a way to delete saved sets of armor ingame.
    Currently you can't unequip with the gui. You can type "lua_run_cl LocalPlayer():SetPACConfig{}" in your console to remove the outfit you're wearing from yourself though. And of course, you'll be able to delete outfits in future versions.

As for the finding models, just use the spawn menu to search for a prop, right click on the prop and select "Copy To Clipboard" and paste it into the model entry field.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    443 Posts
    Snazzy, but lights seem to be bugged when applied to more than one part.

Also:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Artistic x 47Funny x 11Agree x 2Friendly x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

October 2009
    122 Posts
    The editor looks better noaw, Dl'in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 8 (list)

25. Post #25
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    For some reason I can't see myself on the preview thing, I can only see the v_model of my weapon.
    Wtf?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Viking Member
    November 2008
    5,438 Posts
    As for the finding models, just use the spawn menu to search for a prop, right click on the prop and select "Copy To Clipboard" and paste it into the model entry field.
    :love:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,644 Posts
    This addon is the best:buddy:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 38Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    I'm going to be PARTICLEMANNNNNNN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    This addon is the best:buddy:
    *images*

You forgot your larvae outfit. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 56Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2009
    521 Posts

This is better than PAC1, because I can be a giraffe now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 89Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    PAC Render Error: autorun/pac2.lua:890

When i disable pac client side, its all ok, This error happens in both SP and MP and gets spammed non stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #32
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    PAC Render Error: autorun/pac2.lua:890

When i disable pac client side, its all ok, This error happens in both SP and MP and gets spammed non stop.
    You sure it's not Andrew's ragdoll replacer doing that? (I assume you have it cause you made that thread and you know Andrew and all that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    You sure it's not Andrew's ragdoll replacer doing that? (I assume you have it cause you made that thread and you know Andrew and all that)
    Maybe... *sniff* maybe... Ill remove it and see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    Also, some are saying that they can't see themselves in thirdperson while using the editor. I'm not sure what causes this, but for a temporary fix you can watch yourself through a camera.

And Wizey, if that's not it I'll commit a check for null entity.

35. Post #35
    moo
    November 2006
    4,793 Posts
    If all you see is your view model in the editor and you're in single player then open your console and type "sv_cheats 1; thirdperson" without quotes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #36
    May 2009
    521 Posts
    You know what.

This had to be done.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree x 64Funny x 36Disagree x 1Useful x 1Lua Helper x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,015 Posts
    PAC render error Error: autorun/pac2.lua:890: Tried to use a NULL entity!

i got this when i joined multi player... i made a folder in my addons named PAC2 if it matters...

Edited:

hm Wizey already said this... what time is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    August 2005
    3,950 Posts
    PAC render error Error: autorun/pac2.lua:890: Tried to use a NULL entity!

i got this when i joined multi player... i made a folder in my addons named PAC2 if it matters...

Edited:

hm Wizey already said this... what time is it?
    Commited an untested fix. Report back if it works please.

39. Post #39
    December 2009
    3 Posts
    why are all the props errors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I didn't expect it to be released so soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2 (list)