1. Post #1
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    [h2]IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON 3 YET DO NOT BROWSE THE THREAD[/h2]

Another awesome TV show by J.J. Abrams!

[release]Story
    The series follows a Federal Bureau of Investigation "Fringe Division" team based in Boston, Massachusetts under the supervision of Homeland Security. The team uses unorthodox "fringe" science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate "the Pattern", a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences that are happening all over the world.[/release][release]Characters
    Olivia Dunham

Olivia, Leader of the Fringe team.

Peter Bishop

Son of Walter. Digs Olivia.

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop, Fringe Scientist. Did science experiments on children (including Olivia) together with William Bell (CEO of Massive Dynamic) with a brain-amplifying drug called Cortexafan.
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Winner x 14Friendly x 3Disagree x 1Funny x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,121 Posts
    I feel really sad everytime Walter gets lost or something, he's such a good character. :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 32Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    We've seen the real Walter for 5 minutes or so. He's not a nice man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,121 Posts
    Been behind on episodes. Sounds interesting.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    Son of Walter Bishop.
    :iiam:

6. Post #6
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    :ms:    No, it's his son. Just kidnapped from the alternate universe when Walter created the first cross-universe gate since his real son died of the bird flu.   

Edited:

Should I keep the OP spoilerless for those new to the show? Show is easily spoiled.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    Well its not really a serial show, you could start watching at any time during the series because the story arc is minor.

8. Post #8
    May 2009
    457 Posts
    yeah you could pick it up pretty quick

9. Post #9
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Walter is like the most fucked up and yet likable character in television history.

Edited:

We've seen the real Walter for 5 minutes or so. He's not a nice man.
    Pretty much every villain on the show is doing something that Walter is somehow tied to.

Every time a new toxic agent or super weapon shows up, Walter had some part in designing it.

Edited:

Should I keep the OP spoilerless for those new to the show? Show is easily spoiled.
    Fringe isn't really a "twist" series like Lost. They do a LOT of buildup and gradual realizations, rather than outright plottwists.

Like how we knew Real Peter died as a boy and Alternate Peter is the one we know now. They hinted at it for a long time and we knew about it long before it was directly confronted in the last episode. It was pretty much set in stone in the first Observer episode that Peter had died and Walter had done SOMETHING fucked up to bring him back   

Speaking of which, OP needs more Observer.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
        "I can't let Peter die again."    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    @above's above OP will get more Observer in the future when I have the time to make it bigger.

Also, did everyone notice that Manhatan was typo'd on purpose last episode? It's the alternate universe's name for Manhattan. I love those little things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    Now that you mention it, I do remember the word Manhatan looked weird.

13. Post #13
    QUACK
    December 2008
    5,169 Posts

walter owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,246 Posts
    Have a feeling Dunham really really hates Walter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    December 2006
    632 Posts
    Olivia is hawt :blush:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,610 Posts
    Marlamin, if I write blocks of content and PM them to you, would you add them to the OP? this thread is lacking in content

17. Post #17
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    Marlamin, if I write blocks of content and PM them to you, would you add them to the OP? this thread is lacking in content
    Yes. I'm on internship at the moment and only have time to do stuff in weekends. It'd be great if you would write some stuff.

18. Post #18
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,246 Posts
    Are they fucking kidding, a damn 1 and a half months pause?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    Nope, they're pretty damn serious.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,062 Posts
    I'm not sure why, but to me this looks nothing like the Olivia I see in the show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #21
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,955 Posts
    I'm not sure why, but to me this looks nothing like the Olivia I see in the show.
    Difference is that that is a promo shot in which the actor is actually smiling herself. Olivia never "smiles", most are just forced smiles.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,442 Posts
    I haven't watched it in a while, I should go to Hulu and catch up.

23. Post #23
    January 2010
    2,714 Posts
    Anna Torv looks exactly like my Zoology teacher in 10th grade and it's pretty sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2007
    1,043 Posts
    A quality show indeed.

25. Post #25
    May 2008
    3,082 Posts
    @above's above OP will get more Observer in the future when I have the time to make it bigger.

Also, did everyone notice that Manhatan was typo'd on purpose last episode? It's the alternate universe's name for Manhattan. I love those little things.
    I laughed when I realized that, in the alternative universe where Manhattan is spelled "Manhatan," coffee is banned (at the beginning of the episode, the woman wonders where he managed to get "real coffee.")

Caffeine must be a controlled substance.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,001 Posts
    I laughed when I realized that, in the alternative universe where Manhattan is spelled "Manhatan," coffee is banned (at the beginning of the episode, the woman wonders where he managed to get "real coffee.")

Caffeine must be a controlled substance.
    I thought coffee was scarce because of the Blight (see episode 10)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,130 Posts
    I missed the last episode.

Something about the alternate universe? Apparently it was good.

Explain with spoiler tags?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,249 Posts
    That picture at the top missed a perfectly good Slusho tie-in

29. Post #29
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,297 Posts
    this show sucks so much, but that's why I watch it.
    I missed the last episode.

Something about the alternate universe? Apparently it was good.

Explain with spoiler tags?
    learn to go on wikipedia and find an episode synopsis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,249 Posts
    No, NeoDement. It is you the one who sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    this show sucks so much, but that's why I watch it.
    know what else sucks so much

you know

do you know

I know

I don't think you know what else sucks that much

guess

you don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,297 Posts
    No, NeoDement. It is you the one who sucks.
    Tell me what's good about the show.

It's like they have the whole of sci-fi to choose from, and they go ahead and choose whatever seems the most boring, then put a retarded twist on it. Like the episode with vampires, that suck... SPINAL FLUID. Or the one where Charlie Francis was suddenly alive again for one episode because some retard thought that broadcasting an episode from Season 1 half-way through Season 2 was a good idea (not an example of what I said, but still stupid)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,246 Posts
    Tell me what's good about the show.
    Shit stop trolling god damn.

34. Post #34
    March 2007
    861 Posts
    I like this show, easy to catch up on if you miss an episode, and science is always great :allears:

35. Post #35
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,089 Posts
    The Observer episode was really sad. :frown:

36. Post #36
    July 2009
    6,009 Posts
    Walter :love:

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    Walter makes this show. without him, it'd be nothing. easily my favorite character.    but I felt especially sorry for him when they lost the pieces of his brain.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    2,714 Posts
    woah just watched the jacksonville episode, pretty sweet

but i can see how always seeing peter as a glowing person could get pretty annoying

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    She is wearing eye makeup making her look hotter than she is in the show when she usually wears none.

40. Post #40
    January 2008
    811 Posts
    So, please, help me like this show.

I watch the first 5 episodes of season 1 and got bored, and here is the reason why:

The major flaw of this show, for me, can be summed up in thee words: Deus Ex Machina.

See, it seems that every episode (and I'm speaking of the first 5 I saw, so if it get's better/different, PLEASE TELL ME, as I want to know) followed the same structure:
    1. There is a mystery that Olivia has to solve.
    2. She tells Peter and Walter about it, they can't do much.
    3. She runs around, doing police work and getting shot at for 35 minutes.
    4. She can't solve it.
    5. Walter: "Oh, wait, I just remembered that did a crazy experiment [insert crazy experiment here]. This will solve the mystery!"
    6. Deus Ex Machina happens.
    7. Mystery solved.
    8. G-men go "hmmm, we gotta look out for Olivia and those pesky scientists."
    9. The end.

The problem with this is that it pretty much renders the story the same everytime . . . Olivia isn't much use for anything, and we know that Walter will solve the problem with some "magic" science experiment.

Does it get any better? I really wanted to like the show . . . but it seemed like a poor-man's X-Files to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)