1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,429 Posts

If you're a fan of Arrested Development or The Office, you'll probably like It's Always Sunny. Not that they're very similar, but people who like either of them usually also really enjoy Sunny.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia revolves around the life and exploits of a group of friends, or "The Gang" who own a bar in South Philly.

Stars:

Mac (Rob McElhenney)

Charlie Kelly (Charlie Day)

Dennis Reynolds (Glenn Howerton)

Diandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds (Kaitlin Olson)

and Frank Reynolds (Danny DeVito)

The humour is often crude, awkward, and at times, incredibly witty. Themes often revolve around taboo issues, such as abortion, molestation, drugs, guns, racism, and just about every other thing you can think of. Each episode (this is best after season 1 as it was reversed in season 1) starts with an introduction scene, that cleverly leads into the title of the episode in big white text on a black background. This is almost always hilariously done.

The soundtrack to the show is very upbeat, orchestral, classical and easy listening. This is often seen as an ironic choice of music, considering the show's crude, chaotic and dark themes.

The show is written mostly by Rob and the rest of the stars. My favourite character by far is Charlie Kelly, the glue huffing, illiterate man-child. Charlie lives in a shithole apartment with Frank (DeVito), who, due to all the cats meowing outside their apartment, have to induce themselves into a sort of coma every night by gorging on cat food and beer.

Season 5 just finished airing on FX, and season 6 is currently in the works by the gang. I really look forward to it.

The show is fucking hilarious and if you don't watch it there is something wrong with you.

EXTRA BEHIND THE SCENES/MAILBAG CONTENT:
    Features hilarious viewer questions, behind the scenes action, and more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FXnetworksSunny#g/u
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree x 48Winner x 8Funny x 3Dumb x 2Artistic x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    Was the last episode the one where they tried to write\be in a movie?

Haven't seen a new one since then.

Also, pretty much the whole cast is married to eachother Charlie is married to Waitress, and Mac is married to Sweet Dee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,429 Posts
    My favourite eps are

"Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person"
    "The Nightman Cometh"
    "Mac and Charlie Die"
    "The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis"
    "The Gang Gets Invincible"
    "Mac is a Serial Killer"
    and "Mac & Dennis: Manhunters"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    I loved all of them, they never seem to get old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,314 Posts
    I own the first 4 seasons, can't get enough of Sunny in Philly, funniest damn show on TV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Strange Member
    June 2005
    4,831 Posts
    There's no limit to how much I love this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,386 Posts
    I recently started watching this show and i don't even know how i could have missed it. This show is fucking hilarious. Perfect cast to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2009
    646 Posts
    Only 5 episodes are there but if you haven't seen the show before you can see some of them here:
    http://www.hulu.com/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,273 Posts
    My favourite episodes are "The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation" and " "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    1,195 Posts
    This is quite probably the funniest show i've witnessed Danny Devito in since Taxi.
    Just when I thought that the Tv and Film's bottomless chumbucket had claimed him, he gets on this show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    This is the best show ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

12. Post #12
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,339 Posts
    Caught an episode on TV one time. Was cracking up. Great show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Strange Member
    June 2005
    4,831 Posts
    Confound your lousy toll troll... ssssssssssssss...

14. Post #14
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,294 Posts
    Hilarious show. I love it so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,752 Posts
    I've only seen 4 episodes, I can never catch it

This show is really fucking funny

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,560 Posts
    I love the Green Man episode. Show needs more Green Man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,349 Posts
    "Does he have a little arm or a little hand or something?"

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,429 Posts
    I love the Green Man episode. Show needs more Green Man.
    I fucking love Green man, he should be in it more often. But not too often, it still needs to be special.

Riot punch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    i love the episode where they go around beating the shit out of masturbating homeless people and charlie pretends to be al pacino
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    Been meaning to watch this. I think this is the next show I'm going to watch through the seasons of

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,349 Posts
    I was almost green man for halloween. But I figured spandex wouldn't be a great idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    i love the episode where they go around beating the shit out of masturbating homeless people and charlie pretends to be al pacino
    God dammit Jack Bauer, you really are something. :patriot:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,429 Posts
    Been meaning to watch this. I think this is the next show I'm going to watch through the seasons of
    I almost watched every single episode of every season in one sitting. It's one of those shows that just doesn't get boring

Edited:

Nightman, sneaky and mean.
    Spider and sand in my dreams, I think I love you.
    You make me wanna cry, you make me wanna die.
    Oh I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you Nightman.

Every night you come into my room and pin me down with your strong arms,
    you pin me down and I try to fight you,
    You come inside me, and fill me up and I just come for the Nightman.

It's just two men sharing the night, it might seem wrong but it's just right.
    It's just two men sharing eachother, it's just two men like loving brothers.
    One on top and one on bottom, one inside and one is out.
    One is screaming he's so happy, one is screaming a passionate shout.

It's the Nightman, feeling so wrong and right-man.
    It's feeling so wrong it's right-man,
    I can't fight you man when you come inside me and pin me down with your strong hands and,

I become the Night,
    The passionly, passionate Nightman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2010
    7 Posts
    this show owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    i love this show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,749 Posts
    Best show ever, been trying to get a friend into it as well.

27. Post #27
    January 2007
    400 Posts
    The Nightman Cometh = WIN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    Rob McElhenney was in the latest episode of Lost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    February 2010
    11 Posts
    I don't think there's a better show on basic cable right now.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,410 Posts
    The clips they show of the city show the Comcast tower half built, they finished it like 2 years ago, they should update it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    Its pretty good, I love the humor.
    Also, Kitten Mittens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    Rob McElhenney was in the latest episode of Lost.
    He's been on a couple times.

33. Post #33
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    This show is hilarious. Though, they have only aired the first season here in Sweden. I hope theres more to come.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,429 Posts
    This show is hilarious. Though, they have only aired the first season here in Sweden. I hope theres more to come.
    You can always import all the other seasons on DVD, they're definitely worth it. It just gets better after season 1.

35. Post #35
    February 2009
    913 Posts
    The best two episodes are "The Nightman Cometh" and "Sweet Dee has a Heart Attack". That is the episode that features Pepe Silvia and that one song from the Eighties. Dae Bow-Bow. I came in this section to see if there was an Always Sunny thread and if there wasn't I was going to make one.

Edit:
    OP has almost my exact same Avatar. Good taste.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,429 Posts
    dae bow bow

chk- chikka chikka

37. Post #37
    February 2009
    913 Posts
    dae bow bow

chk- chikka chikka
    Dae bow bow
    OOOOOOOH YEEEAH

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,210 Posts
    I remember when the show premiered.......nfi why I didn't stick to watching it (I guess I just kept forgetting the time it aired......). I didn't watch it for the longest time.

Fucking love this show.

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    709 Posts
    Funniest show on television, hands down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    What episode/season is the nightman cometh?

im looking around in season 5 but cant find it :/