1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    bobthe2lol's Avatar
    July 2007
    1,285 Posts
    You guys know those window things that follow you as you scroll on a page, like an add or a thing to show you how much your current build for a computer costs? Firstly, what are they called so i can google them, and secondly, if anyone feels like it, can you tell me how to make one? Thanks alot :)

  2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    andersonmat's Avatar
    May 2008
    2,536 Posts
    You can either do it in javascript or use a css property.

    position: fixed;

  3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    bobthe2lol's Avatar
    July 2007
    1,285 Posts
    Could you explain a bit better please? I know nothing of CSS.

  4. Post #4

  5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    HiredK's Avatar
    November 2006
    433 Posts

  6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    ShinyChrome's Avatar
    October 2006
    1,386 Posts
    It's usually positioned with CSS, but there are also various methods to this. If it's animated (Like it has a delay and slowly scrolls with your scrolling) it's usually modified with javascript. I won't get much deeper into it though.

  7. Post #7
    Sumtoxx's Avatar
    June 2008
    223 Posts
    Usually done with css as everyone said, but they are almost as bad as iframes in terms of annoyance. Try reading a blog with a fat sidebar hanging over the text. Not everyone has your screen resolution lol. And even if the smallest resolution viewing your website is 1024x768, that user may not maximize their browser.

    tldr; css fixed positioning. But don't use the shit, its annoying. XD