hopefully i can actually level up soon
hopefully i can actually level up soon
Gotta love mapping... Mr. S, would it be alright if I posted some progress on the new Mos Mesric?
Yes it's a little annoying that you can't properly level up above those levels. But think of it this way. Would you rather level up now and when new content is added that is way below your level because you wanted to level. Because of the level restrictions you have now, you'll enjoy the new content to the fullest when it gets added.
There is just nothing to do on the servers right now that's why they are empty more than half the time cause everyone is capped. I'd like to see the gamemode flourish cause it needs to. If this dies a horribly and fiery death than all hope is lost for a starwars mod on gmod. You guys are the inspiration!
And once again I'm being serious.
all servers empty
Lay off the guy. It'll be done when it's done.
I don't see why you guys are complaining, I have yet to see anyone make a Star Wars server as good as this one and for the first one like it, it is going to take a lot of time so be patient all.
Hey everyone, as some of you may be aware, update 2.1.3 went live yesterday. I just released another hotfix to the live servers to crush some of the bugs we've been experiencing. Here are the full update notes for 2.1.3
- Added the new medic ability "Tend Damage" - I'd like to clarify. This ability is NOT the medic's main heal. This is an ability that is able to be used without the need for a stimpack, which grants a moderate heal but is very heavy on your mind. It's designed to be used when you're out of stimpacks but need to pop a life-saving heal.
- The new doctor buffs are live in the game, however their recipes for organic chemists are not in yet. However we have tested them and they are working, so expect those recipes soon! The same goes for the new medic stimpacks.
- Fixed the bug where a player leaving the server would cause console spam for all players.
- Player's weapons no longer float above their body when they die.
- The targeting reticule will no longer cause console spam when targetting enemies far away.
- Several new icons for abilities and buffs have been added.
- New loading screens have been added for each server!
- Respeccing your character will no longer clear EVERYONE's hotbars.
- The "Preparation" ability is now properly granted by gaining the Concealment I skill.
- "Wild Sprint" should now work correctly again.
- "Inspired Action" should now display an indicator when you gain action from it.
The Medical Update will be hitting live servers this morning. These changes re-define everything you thought you knew about how healing and doctor buffs, and will hopefully create an even better playing experience. Here's the highlites!
- The Organic Chemistry profession is finished, bringing with it a total of 34 new schematics, spanning all the way to rank 39.
- The old Doctor buffs have been removed, and now Doctor's will need to either craft their own enhancement packs, or buy them from another player who's an organic chemist. The upside is that now there are several levels of buffs, and more varieties of them, which will make Doctor's a much more desired commodity.
- Healing has also been reworked. There are now Stimpacks from rank A to rank E. All players can use Stimpack A's without any training needed, however to gain access to the more powerful stimpacks, players will need to invest in the medic skill tree. In addition, stimpacks may now be used on your fellow players if they are targeted when you use the stimpack.
And here's the rest of the patch notes (there's some good stuff in here too):
- I understand that alot of players have become disgruntled over the AFK mining fix implimented a couple of weeks ago. In an effort to make mining seem a little more "fun" and less of a grind, players will now gain anywhere from 1 to 4 resources per successful sample (1 to 5 if you critical).
- Ranged combatants will now move at 50% speed while firing their weapon, up from 10%.
- Your targetting reticule will now turn red if you hover over a player of the opposite faction who is Active Duty (PvP).
I played this when there were only 3 people playing it
holy cow, great work
Thanks! Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
With the new year officially begun, I wanted to let everyone know where we are at with development, what our plans are, and what is on the way both in the near and not-so-near future.
First off, thanks to those of you who follow and play the game. Ya'll are a great community and we've got alot of really fun folks. I and the rest of the team appreciate your patience and understanding that this game is a HUGE undertaking, and that yes, we really are working even if it doesn't seem like it.
I'll break this up into sections to make it easier to read:
WHAT WE'VE DONE
This past month, the focus has been almost exclusively on performance, UI, and bug fixes. In other words, trying to streamline the game's engine itself to make it easier to add new things in the future. Along with these more "back-end" changes came several new features that alot of players are finding helpful, so hopefully most of you can appreciate this work and notice a better play experience.
At the very end (literally) of 2010 I pushed out the medical update, which to my knowledge so far has been a success. Doctors and Medics are now very desired for squads and dungeons, and Organic Chemists have a huge amount of things available to craft. Again, alot of people immediately say "Well what's the point of all this if I've already done everything; this sucks, blah blah" - Trust me, in the future while you're questing and doing instances, you're going to want medics and buffs and these features.
People can move at 50% speed while shooting now too. Oh, and for the miners out there, sampling grants more results per sample now.
WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON (SHORT TERM)
This is what most of you care about: New PVE content is coming! Lord_Trilobite is currently finishing up version 2 of the Dune Sea, which has even more cool features and several community-requested "tweaks". I've already got half a dozen new quests fully coded and ready to impliment, and I plan on adding a bunch more. Several of these are community-suggested quest-lines, so you might even recognize some of you or your friends' work.
In addition to the Dune Sea, more content is definitely planned for the ISD Scourge instance, including more boss loot and new quests. I've also got some new features planned to make PvP more streamlined, including the ability to flag anywhere, without the need for a recruiter.
Ardowa is currently working on a brand new Mos Mesric map. This map is MUCH larger in scale, and truly feels like a Tatooine city rather than a small town. As I understand it, he's working on the finishing touches, so hopefully we'll see this live within the next couple of weeks, along with the new Dune Sea content.
In other news, we have a new addition to the Content Team: Grahf. He has been one of the biggest players and fans of Star Wars: Sagas since it originated. I recently offered him a slot since he's full of great ideas, and I'm very excited that he accepted! He's currently working on a new line of ranged weaponry, so I can't wait to see what kinds of stuff he comes up with!
So the tl;dr for this section - Within the next month: new quests, new maps, new items.
WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON (LONG TERM)
Before you go reading this and ask, there is no tentative release date for any of the following features. They'll be done when they're done.
I don't want to ruin the surprise, but what I will say is that we're currently in development of not one, but TWO new zones. One is a new planet, and one is a new instance.
Balance is an ongoing and neverending project in Star Wars: Sagas, just like any other game. PvP is currently the largest struggle to try and balance.
I'd definitely like to go in and fix/update the rest of the professions, but this is sort of an on-going project. Suggestions for abilities and skills are always welcome, so please throw stuff up on the boards and we'll see what sticks.
WHAT WE NEED
At this point, suggestions and ideas are always accepted and looked at. We also need more Star Wars playermodels and NPC models that are propperly rigged and modeled for Garry's Mod. The same goes for Star Wars props. We've got an outstanding team of modelers already, but I'm just throwing this out there if any of you modellers/riggers out there are bored.
As for server hosting - I appreciate those of you who have offered to host Star Wars: Sagas. As of this moment, I haven't found any of the offers to be sufficient for hosting this game for one or more reasons. Feel free to call me a demanding ______, but now that this project is nearing almost a year of being alive, I'm only looking for the best solution to keep it going strong and in the right direction. If that means I have to keep hosting it on my resources for the time being, then I will.
For those interested, here are the server requirements of Star Wars: Sagas at the moment.
- The ability to host 6 servers (potentially more) on one box using SRCDS.
- A professional-level network throughput, both up and down.
- A solid box with plenty of RAM and CPU power.
- Strict confidentiality of the game's code.
- Me as an admin, and having pick of the admins (if any additional are required).
- The continued use of our already established community/site/forums/Steam Group.
That's all I've got for now. A special thanks to Lord_Trilobite, Ardowa, Grahf, ShotGunGuy, and the rest of the Star Wars: Sagas team who are all donating our free time and talents to you, the community, to create the best Star Wars roleplaying experience on Garry's Mod.
Let's hit 2011 with the ground running!
Hey Big S if your looking into recruiting more members for your team check out moddb.com that is a great site and you should definitely check it out.
- The crafting screen now stays open after crafting an item. This should increase the fun level of crafting x 1,000.
Holy!! this is awesome! i can't wait for the new quests so i actually can go level 21... But can you add me on steam? i pm'ed you with my steam name .......... just so i can keep myself updated :D
Perhaps you could give more human player models for neutral players. For example maybe have them start with a kind of default neutral set of clothes and maybe have some other sets of humans to play as and maybe stormtrooper playermodels?
Edit: Also when i stop moving, I slide a little, is there any plan to fix that in the future?
I'd love to find some neutral player models for people to start off with rather than clones. Unfortunately, I haven't really found any models on garrysmod.org that are just regular people with futuristic-casual style clothes (in other words, not jumpsuits)
As for the sliding issue, never heard of that before. Could be lag?
Downloading the megapack right now, i hope its worth it, sounds awsome
hmm i cant connect to it D: i mean that the server wont appear in my list and if i try to connect by ip still doesnt work, any idea?
Do people still play this? Servers seem dead but I wanna try it out.
Yes people still play it.
In other news, I'm in need of a fast download host. If anyone would be game for helping me with this (for free) that would be awesome. Apparently my crap webhost through GoDaddy won't do it properly, and I've heard bad things about trying to run one off of Dropbox.
I have 1gb of free webspace. I think you may be able to put all the shit on there.
So I try to help you, add you on Steam, insta-ignore.
Star Wars Sagas will be down for maintenence for a good part of today, trying to get this fast download working. Thanks to Pruney for donating his webspace and bandwidth to host it!
Patch 2.2.0 Live
- Added new loading screens for all servers!
- Fast download enabled!
- Added a few of the new missions to the Dune Sea. Note, there ARE a few bugs.
- Added a new Faction Field Transfer ability to enable PvP without seeing a recruiter.
- Added a new squad leader ability "Retreat"
- Added a new carbineer ability "Body shot"
- Added ambient music system
Expect to find bugs, and expect the bugs to be fixed as soon as possible, as well as the rest of the content added within the next week.
Dang I want to play this again :S