View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    If you don't want to download here, you can always check out a folder to my SVN! Or you can download here and then check it out to my SVN! Or you can just download here period!
    Here's the SVN link
    http://generic-defaults-combat.googlecode.com/svn/gdcw/
    Remember content on the SVN may be experimental.

A newer version has been released. If you downloaded the first one and are having problems with the ACOG scopes, download the newer one.

Well I've worked on these for a while now. About 2 months ago I tested a beta out on a server and people liked them so I'm releasing the official pack now.

The viewmodels

NPCs holding M4A1s

ACOG Scope view

GDCW SWEPS - Assault pack

The good;
    - GDCW guns fire entity bullets. This means bullets fly through the air before hitting targets, unlike the vast majority of sweps that just use the shootbullet function and instant traces. GDCW bullets have custom penetration, effects, and tracers.
    - GDCW guns can be used by NPCs (Combine typically can't use these correctly). I want to emphasize this because so few other gun packs include this feature. When NPCs use these guns they seem to be a lot more trigger happy and combat is fast paced.
    - GDCW guns have repositioned world models that fit in your hands instead of stick out of your stomach. This makes them ideal for NPCs and multiplayer.
    - GDCW guns have multiple hold types for world models. You can shoulder the gun like a rifle (Default), hold it at the hip like a shotgun (ALT), or just idle with it passively (E). They have been fixed of the recent updates that make all guns hold like pistols.
    - Custom flickering materials for the ACOG scopes and holo sights.
    - This pack contains all of the stuff you need to use the weapons. Models, materials, sounds, and lua. Everything comes with download scripts so people joining your server will be able to see, hear, and use the guns without pink textures or error models or missing sounds.

This pack is for assault weapons.
    - M4A1 } 3
    - HK416 } 4
    - AK47 } 4
    - P90 } 4

15 guns total

Each type of gun has a model with;
    Iron sights
    Red Dot Sights *** (There is no red dot sight option for the M4A1)
    Holo Sights
    ACOG Sights

Watch it in 480p for best quality! The shooting noises are kind of loud so you might want to turn down your volume before watching. Oh and don't judge the guns by the quality of the video; Source Recorder really messes up sounds and 1st person in general.

Problems and errors;
    There are no critical console spamming errors as far as I know. I have tested extensively and only gotten one single console error that happens when the shooter dies while shooting.

Have fun with these! This pack is in addon format and these are SWEPS in case you didn't pick up on it.

Download here

Also I'd like to clear this up; I DIDN'T MAKE THE GUN MODELS! I only coded and hexed and repositioned them.

SNIPER PACK

SNIPER VIDEO!

It pretty much explains itself. It's just like the assault pack, and it's standalone too.

That's right, CSS guns for multiplayer. Don't bother downloading them for single player because CSS gun models suck. They work in both single and multiplayer but my other swep packs are better SO DOWNLOAD THOSE INSTEAD (Unless you want these on your server.)

That's not my video but it shows some of the pistols in action. Thanks KootsMonster!

Pistols pack is finally here! Download NAO!

And over a year later....
    EXPLOSIVES!

I'll probably make a video for these when I have the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic x 25Lua King x 18Winner x 8Agree x 3Friendly x 3Dumb x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,584 Posts
    Looks nice...

Though I noticed the sounds for the added on guns dosen't fade out the farther away you go....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Looks nice...

Though I noticed the sounds for the added on guns dosen't fade out the farther away you go....
    They do, but source recorder doesn't show it. The gun sounds are audible out to about 300 meters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,576 Posts
    Fresh copy of GMod:

Happens on all ACOG guns :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Fresh copy of GMod:

Happens on all ACOG guns :(
    Did you change the resolution after loading the gmod main menu?

6. Post #6
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,576 Posts
    No, I always run the same res in windowed mode >:(

Also, they are like MEGA-PACK-A-PUNCH....I killed a GMan with 3 shots, and he went flying o_O

7. Post #7
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    OK I figured it out, it's a problem with my code, specifically the

surface.ScreenHeight()

function

I'll fix it and re-upload the pack soon. If you want it to work as of now, switch to 16:9 aspect ratio.

8. Post #8
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,576 Posts
    OK I figured it out, it's a problem with my code, specifically the

surface.ScreenHeight()

function

I'll fix it and re-upload the pack soon. If you want it to work as of now, switch to 16:9 aspect ratio.
    What about weapon damage?

9. Post #9
    July 2008
    1,345 Posts
    Wow man, this looks really awesome. I really hope people start liking this as much as I do right now.

Loading gmod up and trying now!

Edited:

Wow, this is going to do wonders for machinima. Your weapons are amazing, they just work so well. I haven't really seen sweps that work so well. Fix that scope bug and lower the weapond damage a little and it would be perfect

10. Post #10
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,584 Posts
    No, I always run the same res in windowed mode >:(

Also, they are like MEGA-PACK-A-PUNCH....I killed a GMan with 3 shots, and he went flying o_O
    He might be going for more realism, or he dosent know weapon damages.
    1 shot 1 kill possibly....

11. Post #11
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I do want 1 or 2 hit kills, so I won't be changing the damage. I will try to switch over from radius style damage to point hit type, though.
    That will make targets drop instead of go flying.

I'll replace the current download as soon as I finish testing fixes. Keep giving feedback!

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    136 Posts
    Really nice pack, except the reload animations sometimes glitch up for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    There, I fixed the ACOG scope problem. More feedback please.

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    35 Posts
    Wow, Amazing swep pack.
    Good job. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

15. Post #15
    June 2009
    930 Posts
    Looks like we have a possible competitor to the Mad Cow weaponry?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,576 Posts
    Looks like we have a possible competitor to the Mad Cow weaponry?
    Shutup and come back with another amazing and true post :).

I 100% agree. I love this pack! And NPC support :)

17. Post #17

January 2008
    43 Posts
    When the mag is fully empty. the rifle tries to auto-reload but then the anim's fail.
    sorry for the bad english, still learning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,576 Posts
    When the mag is fully empty. the rifle tries to auto-reload but then the anim's fail.
    sorry for the bad english, still learning
    Yeah, I've only gotten the reload animation to play 1/238423682671356.

19. Post #19

January 2008
    43 Posts
    anything i could do about it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #20
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    GenericDefault, this is honestly pretty cool.

However, from the video, it doesn't seem like there is any recoil, or at least recoil animations, for the ACOG guns when sighted in. Also, would you like to know how to add bullet damage dropoff? Its not exactly my script, but it works very well. I can tell you, just add me on steam.

Edited:

Also, adding a sniper rifle and idle would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    You should add shotguns which can breach doors, and sniper rifles. I'm interested in seeing what you'd come up with for grenades, too - realistic shrapnel, that'd be incredible.

Also I dunno if you already did but if you made the bullets travel at different speeds according to caliber and such, that would be swell.

22. Post #22
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,530 Posts
    Just tested these and the model for the m4a1 ironsighted and ak47 ironsighted is missing, its not an error though, its just missing. Also, reload animations when the mag is empty don't show up.

You should make bullets do 1/6 or 1/7 of the current damage.

Edited:

you should make the acog scopes like rt cameras rather than an image like BF2. Look at Zoey's insurgency weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    Nice. The only complaints I have are that the HK416's ACOG isn't designed like the other guns, and when you comepletely empty the clip the reload animation doesnt show, unless you try to lower the gun.

And could you make lowering the weapon toggle instead of having to hold it? I would also like to see some sniper rifles, MAN that would be awesome

24. Post #24
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    The reload animation glitch is Garry's fault, and I have no way to fix it. He messed it up in one of the recent updates. It does work in multiplayer, though. Hopefully he will fix it sooner or later, it has to do with the reload function triggering when the player runs out of ammo.

As for other releases-

I will be releasing other packs with similar themes, such as "grenadiers", "gunners", "pistols" and "scoped weapons/snipers."

No, I won't be downgrading the damage. If I can I'll switch to non radius damage to prevent bodies from flying.

Oh and the HK416 doesn't actually have an ACOG, it's a magnified holo sight. I probably should have specified that in the release but it takes longer to explain than it does to figure out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    The reload animation glitch is Garry's fault, and I have no way to fix it. He messed it up in one of the recent updates. It does work in multiplayer, though. Hopefully he will fix it sooner or later, it has to do with the reload function triggering when the player runs out of ammo.

As for other releases-

I will be releasing other packs with similar themes, such as "grenadiers", "gunners", "pistols" and "scoped weapons/snipers."

No, I won't be downgrading the damage. If I can I'll switch to non radius damage to prevent bodies from flying.

Oh and the HK416 doesn't actually have an ACOG, it's a magnified holo sight. I probably should have specified that in the release but it takes longer to explain than it does to figure out.
    Oh, well alright then.
    I didn't want you to downgrade the damage, except for the P90. Maybe a 4-6 hit kill?

26. Post #26
    August 2006
    206 Posts
    Looks nice...

Yup. That's annoying on most sweps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

27. Post #27
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    When you make your sniper pack, what weapons are you going to have with it. and what attachments? Or have you decided yet? Because this is the best damn swep pack I've seen.

28. Post #28
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,584 Posts
    ...Garry's fault, and I have no way to fix it. He messed it up in one of the recent updates.
    I feel your pain...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,212 Posts
    Fucking amazing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,013 Posts
    How long would a bullet take to go from one side of flatgrass to the other?

31. Post #31
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    I notice when you fall and you start shooting you kill yourself.
    And there is no view model for the iron m4a1 since the update

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,013 Posts
    I notice when you fall and you start shooting you kill yourself.
    I was about to post this

33. Post #33

July 2009
    420 Posts
    This pack is looking really good, only things are; the no recoil when aiming in with the AGOG, the buggy reload (i know why just putting it down) and the off centered muzzleflash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #34
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,584 Posts
    Well I finally got the chance to test these so...

1. HK416 has the shell ejection coming out the wrong side
    2. Ak Ironsights are too far in
    3. P90 Is using rifle shells
    4. When you press E, It spams draw animations
    5. When you press E on empty, It spams sounds
    6. All shell ejections are at muzzle
    7. Muzzleflash is off.
    8. I am still impressed, keep it up...

Here are some models you could use:
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/92330
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/45947

35. Post #35
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Well I finally got the chance to test these so...

1. HK416 has the shell ejection coming out the wrong side
    2. Ak Ironsights are too far in
    3. P90 Is using rifle shells
    4. When you press E, It spams draw animations
    5. When you press E on empty, It spams sounds
    6. All shell ejections are at muzzle
    7. Muzzleflash is off.
    8. I am still impressed, keep it up...

Here are some models you could use:
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/92330
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/45947

The M16 in the first link is definitely going to be added at some point, thanks for the link! I'm working on adding this as a branch to my GDC SVN. Once it's public I will be able to constantly add new weapons and fix stuff without re-uploading stuff every time.

By the way if you shoot at your feet in real life you WILL get hurt, so don't call that a glitch.

36. Post #36
    January 2009
    28 Posts
    Any server using these?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events

37. Post #37
    June 2008
    788 Posts
    Well you got my download. These look real nice.

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    9,758 Posts
    The M16 in the first link is definitely going to be added at some point, thanks for the link! I'm working on adding this as a branch to my GDC SVN. Once it's public I will be able to constantly add new weapons and fix stuff without re-uploading stuff every time.

By the way if you shoot at your feet in real life you WILL get hurt, so don't call that a glitch.
    Odly I dont see any feet, and when I'm standing perfectly still and I shoot my feet it doesnt hurt?

39. Post #39
    July 2009
    4,161 Posts
    Epic job man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    Looks like someone forgot to use ScrH and ScrW :3: "Fixed in the next version :derp:"

On the other hand. I noticed from the screenshots that the scope on screen is just a material overlay, Not a very nice way to do such things, but i guess it works.

But other than that, I think its just another pack that shoots bullets...

PS: Your particle effects are urm... Diffrent?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)