1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT AIRCRAFT, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

[release]
    Download

Available on GitHub.
    After downloading, extract all "WAC ..." folders into your addons folder.

Note: The Base addon has some stuff you might not like, you can disable most of it in Q-Menu/Settings/WAC.

If you enjoy this and want me to keep developing, I'd appreciate a small donation.

[/release]

[release]Base
    Custom Spawnpoints
    Spawnable Spawnpoints you can choose from when dead.

Player Speed:
    Edit player's walk- and runspeed, and his jumping power.

Health:
    Recharge Health and Suit over time.
    Customize damage given to players and NPCs.
    Change Falldamage.

RT7:
    Tool that allows you to create 7 cameras and screens, like RT Cameras.

Vehicle Camera:
    Connected to a vehicle, you see through this camera if you enter it.

Seat Linker:
    Allows you to link seats with each other, so you can switch betweem them with keys 1-9.

Contains many lua files shared by other addons included.
    Almost everything can be disabled.
    [/release]

[release]Damage System
    Adds health to every prop/entity and allows you to damage and kill it.
    Contraptions are given an overall health level, when this reaches zero damage affects each entity individually.
    Completely customizable.

Weapon Creator:
    Allows you to create weapons like 70mm Tank Gun or 25mm HE APC Gun with a scripted Tool.
    If admin allows, you can fully customize it. Can be linked to a seat or wired.

Turret Creator
    Creates turrets that you can use to steer your vehicle-mounted guns with the mouse.
    Very useful with the Vehicle Camera. Can be linked or wired.

Wrench:
    Repairs damaged contraptions and entities.
    [/release]
    [release]
    ECM

Extended Construct Map
    Map as big as Hammer would allow it, contains multiple areas for constructing stuff and having fun.
    [/release]
    [release]
    Gravity Controller
    Heavily customizable entity that allows you to make contraptions hover/fly and control them in the air.
    Useful for creating starships of any kind, building hovering vehicles and stabilizing flying stuff.

[/release]

[release]Aircraft
    Main Thread
    [/release]

[release]Weapons
    Weapons with off-center aim positions. Makes them feel more realistic, and makes you feel like you have more control over the gun.
    Ironsights, travelling bullets, bullet penetration, holstering, sprinting and more. Can be extended to non-WAC weapons (only stock weapons work without bugs so far)
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Lua King x 48Useful x 23Winner x 5Dumb x 5Artistic x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    Cool, i tried this before the official release. You sent the SVN link on Youtube. Good job, i love the free-aim system with weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    The proper term is "Spacegate" :science:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    The proper term is "Spacegate" :science:
    Not everybody knows that term, yaknow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,355 Posts
    when I saw "Wac" I thought of an anti-cheat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 30Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    Title has anti-caps too. Could some mod please rename it to "WAC - WeltEnSTurm's Addon Collection"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    490 Posts
    Awesome.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    I love the SWEPs so much, but I just wish the Helicopter would start up for me. I've tried tapping, pressing, and holding R, but none of that seems to work. I tried rebinding the key too, but that gets me nothing either.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    Is "Use Joystick" in the binding menu checked?

10. Post #10
    August 2009
    1,267 Posts
    For the helicopter, It would be a cool effect that when the rotor is going fast enough if you are over water it would have a bunch of water effects and if you are over ground there would be some dust. Just some suggestions.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    No, it's not checked.

Edited:

It would be nice if enemy NPCs attacked the helicopter and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    For the helicopter, It would be a cool effect that when the rotor is going fast enough if you are over water it would have a bunch of water effects and if you are over ground there would be some dust. Just some suggestions.
    That's called rotorwash, and yes it would be cool.

Needs a video of the helicopter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2010
    33 Posts
    Where did you get the tank in the video?

On-topic: Yeah I got these today, I really liked them, but I removed them because I would have the get those other two things to see some models. But nice job.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    Did you even test it? It's already in there.

Edited:

No, it's not checked.

Edited:

It would be nice if enemy NPCs attacked the helicopter and such.
    Are there any lua errors?

And I'll add npcs shooting at the helicopter to the svn today.

Edited:

Where did you get the tank in the video?
    Built it myself with
    and some PHX parts.

I should add all of them to the op.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member

December 2007
    489 Posts
    Will you be adding compatibility for silencers and firemodes to the SWEP s?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    Check out the size of the pack and the feedback I get, I don't want to do anything right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    The sweps, seem to holster and unholster when you shoot and run out of the current amount of ammunition.
    I've tried to fix it myself, I can't seem to find what's causing it.
    :|

Unless that's just me lawl

18. Post #18
    July 2010
    41 Posts
    Well, i have some problem with adding weapon. :(
    http://cA4.upanh.com/11.344.15505893...struct0001.jpg
    After everything i tried, thing just still worst at all :(.
    I can change weapon holdtype, but they still like to hold on my ball at all. :(
    (This weapon is from Zombie Hunting weapon pack).

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    That's because of the model. There are many models out there that don't have hand attachments on them, which causes them look like they are your penis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    41 Posts
    So, what i need to do with it ?.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    Ask the modeler to fix it.

22. Post #22
    December 2008
    84 Posts
    Nice pack dude!
    I knew about this project since the beginning, and you made a really great job.

Hope you're not too demotivated due to this poor feedback.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    This is fantastic, great job man. Best sweps I've used frankly. Where were you guys a few years ago?

24. Post #24
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    Hey man, do you think that when you are doing the Weapon Helper, you could draw a small dot at the origin of the screen to help aligning the weapon be easier?

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    wac_allow_crosshair 1
    wac_cl_customcrosshair 1

26. Post #26
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    WeltEnSTurm, you have to keep in mind that you have to aim-down-the-sights to really line up the point of aim to the point of impact. When you do that, the crosshair disappears, also - you may wish to look at Ironsight Designer SWEP, as some inspiration. Allowing model swaps on the fly, etc.

I fixed up a few of the origins on your ironsights for the M1911 and the AK - if you'd like me to post the corrected ( and very accurate ) origins, let me know.

Also, best way to align the sights as of now, is to enable the crosshair, throw host_timescale to 0.1, and switch back and forth between crosshair + sights. ;)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    I think just shooting at a wall is easier, the test swep doesn't have recoil.
    Well, working on it
    I won't do that "drag it where you want" stuff though, this shouldn't be a swep editor

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    You should add holster animations when the player has the gun down instead of just making it disappear, so other players can actually see you're not trying to shoot at them.

29. Post #29
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    I think just shooting at a wall is easier, the test swep doesn't have recoil.
    Well, working on it
    I won't do that "drag it where you want" stuff though, this shouldn't be a swep editor
    I was referring to the sway that is on all the weapons due to the viewhook.

You should add holster animations when the player has the gun down instead of just making it disappear, so other players can actually see you're not trying to shoot at them.

This, for sure. I think it'd be great to see that.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    I'll add on-the-fly model changing now, after that I'll upload it to the SVN.

For holstering: It was intended to make the player be able to grab stuff with the weapon down, which wouldn't really make sense if you still have the weapon in your hands. But I'll think about changing that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    WeltEnSTurm, I believe Kung Fu was referring to the player animation of the playermodel bringing the weapon down from a ready position, to an idle position. Look at how Generic Default handles this - when you press E the gun lowers, but it also changes the player model animation.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    I meant that too.

33. Post #33

August 2007
    514 Posts
    Mad Cows used lua to reposition the weapons to the player model's hands. It worked on all custom C:SS weapons I made for it. Anyways, I really enjoyed using this a while back. It was great fun!

34. Post #34
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    Mad Cows used lua to reposition the weapons to the player model's hands. It worked on all custom C:SS weapons I made for it. Anyways, I really enjoyed using this a while back. It was great fun!
    Code:
    function SWEP:DrawWorldModel()

local hand, offset, rotate

if not ValidEntity(self.Owner) then
    		self:DrawModel()
    		return
    	end

hand = self.Owner:GetAttachment(self.Owner:LookupAttachment("anim_attachment_rh"))

offset = hand.Ang:Right() * 2 + hand.Ang:Forward() * -4 + hand.Ang:Up() * -0.5

hand.Ang:RotateAroundAxis(hand.Ang:Right(), 0)
    	hand.Ang:RotateAroundAxis(hand.Ang:Forward(), 0)
    	hand.Ang:RotateAroundAxis(hand.Ang:Up(), 0)

self:SetRenderOrigin(hand.Pos + offset)
    	self:SetRenderAngles(hand.Ang)

self:DrawModel()
    end
    Referring to that?

35. Post #35

August 2007
    514 Posts
    -snip-
    Yep, that's it.
    Also, is there any remote chance of retaining other SWep's ironsights with the free-aim on for everything?

36. Post #36
    May 2005
    97 Posts
    One way he could accomplish that would be if the weapon isn't part of WAC, have the ViewHook when IronSight's aren't called, but as soon as IronSight's get called - turn off the viewhook. Voila. Bit more coding for him though.

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    9,931 Posts
    OK, how do you install the stuff other than the SWEPS? the sweps work fine, the other stuff gets me spammed with lua errors.

38. Post #38
    July 2010
    41 Posts
    Thanks for you wac swep base, WeltEnSTurm.
    Now i have some weapon ripped from kermite that is "super-hard and nearly-impossible to aim". What will be a real challage for my friend XD.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,880 Posts
    OK, how do you install the stuff other than the SWEPS? the sweps work fine, the other stuff gets me spammed with lua errors.
    What errors?

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    9,931 Posts
    What errors?
    I read the readme, how do you actually install this? I'm having trouble.