1. Post #1
    Cowboys and Aliens is an upcoming film about, you guessed it, Cowboys and Aliens. Produced by Steven Spielberg and directed by Jon Favreau, starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde, Sam Rockwell, Noah Ringer, Paul Dano, and Clancy Brown. It is based on a graphic novel of the same name.

PLOT

1873. Arizona Territory. A stranger Jake (Daniel Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don't welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Harrison Ford). It's a town that lives in fear. But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known. Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he's been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveller Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents—townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors—all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.

I really want to see this movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 13Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,304 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 17 (list)

3. Post #3
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,106 Posts
    Title makes me think of Firefly.

Edited:

Sounds pretty cool anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Sounds like History of America

Except that was Cowboys vs Astronauts.

http://fcproducer.com/2008/11/short-...vs-astronauts/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    Sounds like the most kickass fucking movie ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,323 Posts
    Interesting cast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    seriously if they fuck up this premise im killing myself

Edited:

are you fucking kidding me every single goddamn time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,539 Posts
    Looks like it could be pretty good; strangely enough.

I hear Olivia Wilde is supposed to have a nude scene. :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

anal probe :pervert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,644 Posts
    This plot sound so strange and pulled out someones ass, it might actually work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,106 Posts
    I thought it sounded pretty standard

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,323 Posts
    trailer?

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,475 Posts
    Looks pretty good.

14. Post #14
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,878 Posts
    It's the American Dream: Sci Fi's and Westerns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,304 Posts
    This is a megabump, but there's no need in creating a new thread when this exist. Well, the trailer has been released:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,728 Posts
    Sounds like a cool movie.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,437 Posts
    Craig is pretty badass in that trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,113 Posts
    They showed a preview at comic-con, been wanting to see a trailer ever since.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,990 Posts
    They showed a preview at comic-con, been wanting to see a trailer ever since.
    Goddamn, the trailer has been taken down. Still lots of photos and stuff though.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/cowboys-and-aliens.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    Did I see Agent Lundy in the saloon?

Also, why do they have to do those dramatic poses and looks? It's so cheesy (in reference to that bit at the end where the weapon closes and Harrison Ford looks at Daniel Craig in astonishment, then Daniel Craig slowly looks back up at him).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,562 Posts
    this movie is going to rock so goddamn hard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    541 Posts
    That looks awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,631 Posts
    Holy shit I want to see this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Sweet fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,891 Posts
    Harrison Ford? Instant watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,265 Posts
    Everyone in the theatre laughed at the trailer. It was the coolest goddamn thing ever to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2010
    1,508 Posts
    Instant watch since I saw the cast.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    Harrison Ford, fuck yeah. I bet they'll be nazi aliens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    284 Posts
    Did I see Agent Lundy in the saloon?

Also, why do they have to do those dramatic poses and looks? It's so cheesy (in reference to that bit at the end where the weapon closes and Harrison Ford looks at Daniel Craig in astonishment, then Daniel Craig slowly looks back up at him).
    that's not cheesy, that's fucking badass. plus, it's harrison ford who's amazed instead of him amazing others now

30. Post #30
    September 2010
    1,852 Posts
    If not that, atleast hinting at it in their bodyarmour and stuff

31. Post #31
    holy crap my thread got bumped

I'd forgotten about this film

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,201 Posts
    Looks cool but I find it kinda hard to take seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2009
    6,950 Posts
    read the comics. that'll change your mind.

34. Post #34
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,128 Posts
    Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig?

OH MY GOD!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,285 Posts
    Holy shit, that looked awesome

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Oh god people get uptight about theories, I was thinking on what could be the real reason.

37. Post #37
    November 2009
    6,950 Posts
    The main guy is from the future, he is abducted, he steals that weapons device and loses his memory somehow.
    great going asshole, don't spoil the whole movie for us while you're at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    It's a theory, sorry if that was inputed as a spoiler. And thanks for quoting it much.

And Harrison Ford turns out to be a human mole for the aliens because they abducted his wife. Oops.

But the trailer says otherwise for denouncing him being from the future, by seeing his wanted poster, well I screwed it now.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    4,259 Posts

She had a topless scene in the movie Alpha Dog from 2006.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    May 2011
    5,231 Posts
    Well I'm just gonna go ahead and mega-necro this thread because the motherfucking movie's coming out in one week and it will be shown at Comic-Con in 2 days.
    So I feel bringing this back up, because it doesn't seem to be getting the hype it deserves.

Enjoy some of the newer trailers and more.

Fuck YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)