1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,337 Posts
    Well since the other topic is old, plus it was filled with drama about how that stupid mean abusive goon admin banned me and that guy griefed me and this sucks Space Station 13 has ruined my life, I am starting a new one.

About

Space Station 13 is a game where you live on a futuristic space station and take up a different profession each round. Rounds can last 15 minutes to three hours and every round something new will probably happen to you, whether it be you die a very heroic way or discover an extravagant alien artifact. Most of the time, though, you'll probably die a stupid but possibly hilarious way, such as being suicide bombed by an intelligent monkey. In short, Space Station 13 is a game where you will be running from insane chefs, annoying clowns, and you might just discover something interesting while you're doing all of this. There's also fun and unique game-modes to play, like Wizard, which is fun for the wizard but most of the time torturous to his victims.

Modes

As I said before, there are some fun and unique game-modes to play. Here's a list of some of the fun modes and some of the torturous modes. Different servers may have different sets of game modes, but these are the ones off of the Gibbed server (and shamelessly stolen from their wiki.)

Secret

This mode picks from most of the good modes randomly, and doesn't inform the players what the game mode is at the beginning of the round. As of the time of writing it could be Traitor, Nuclear, Revolution, Meteor or Wizard, with Wizard showing up more rarely than the rest. In addition, certain random events may occur during the round, including AI Malfunction, Blob, less lethal meteors, various viral outbreaks, power failures and waves of cosmic radiation.

Traitor

Enemy Transmission Intercept - Security level elevated.
    Arguably the most commonly played mode prior to the introduction of Secret. In Traitor, one or more crew members are a Syndicate agents and are given an uplink radio to provide them with useful tools to help them complete their goal. The Crew must find out who the traitor/s are and stop them from reaching their goal. The game ends when the Emergency Shuttle leaves.

Traitor objectives are usually one of the following:

- Assassinate a specific crew member
    - Steal a Jetpack, Captain's Uniform, RCD, The Captain's Laser Gun, Hand Tele, or the Chief Engineer's magnetic boots
    - Be the only one on the Emergency Shuttle when it leaves/Escape Alive

If the Traitor/s can meet their objectives and are present and alive on the shuttle when it leaves, they win. Note that traitors win individually - they may band together and work as a team, but it is not required for them to succeed.

Multi-traitor is now a commonly used mode. Instead of just one traitor, there is more than one - and sometimes their objectives can overlap! It can be a race to whatever object they need to steal, or whoever they need to kill, and escape on the shuttle.
    Wearing sunglasses as a traitor will reveal other traitors. This shouldn't be treated as an automatic excuse to rat them out.

Changeling

Does not generate a Centcom Report.
    One of the crew is not what he appears to be! The changeling is a monster in human form, with the ability to absorb (eat) people and take on their DNA/identity. The changeling must have a quiet spot and an immobile victim in order to absorb their body, so stealth is absolutely necessary. The changeling has other weapons at its disposal, such as a toxin dart, but is largely stealth-based. The changeling can be anyone he's absorbed - it can switch identities instantaneously, only absorbing takes time and peace. Like traitor, the changeling will most often have an objective to accomplish before the Escape Shuttle arrives, usually absorb a certain amount of people before escaping.

Nuclear

A team of two to five Syndicate operatives has been sent on a mission to completely destroy the station with a nuclear bomb. However, they must get the Nuclear Authentication Disk from the station itself in order to arm the bomb, and the crew (or at least the captain) will be doing everything in their power to stop the attackers from getting the disk. The operatives have access to the same items Traitors get in order to complete their mission, as well as Pinpointers that will allow them to hunt for the Disk.

Game Ending Conditions:

- If the Shuttle leaves with the Disk on board, the Crew wins.
    - If the Shuttle leaves with the Disk still anywhere on the station, no-one wins.
    - If the Bomb detonates successfully, the Syndicate wins and the station is destroyed.

Revolution

A small cadre of crewmembers have had enough of the command staff's bullshit, so it's time to revolt! Revolution Leaders (of which there will be one to three) start with a flash and the same uplink Traitors get to provide them with items. When a Revolution Leader uses a flash on someone who isn't a Security Officer, Detective, or one of the Heads/Captain, they will be converted to the Revolution and will have a red R mark on them visible to all revolutionaries. Note that Rev Leaders can use any flash to convert people, not just the one they start with. If the Shuttle is called in this mode, it will turn back just as it reaches the Station.

Game Ending Conditions:

- If all of the Command Staff die, the Revolution wins. (Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Research Director, Chief Engineer and Captain)
    - If all of the Revolution Leaders die, the crew wins.

There is a bug that sometimes occurs in this mode where revolution leaders will not be given a flash - if this occurs, adminhelp it and a friendly admin may spawn you one.

Wizard

Centcom Alert - There is a Space Wizard aboard the station.
    A space wizard has infiltrated the station! Wielding an arsenal of powerful spells that can defy physics and even time and space itself, he will stop at nothing to advance the Space Wizard Federation's agenda (which is remarkably similar to the syndicate's). Nanotransen and the SWF are known enemies, so the crew has no choice but to destroy the wizard! Accomplish this by beating the wizard's brains in with anything. The wizard's goals are mainly to steal or destroy something on the station and escape on the shuttle.

The Wizard can have an apprentice sometimes, and the head wizard can also be an Illithid, who gets Mind Blast for free.

Game Ending Conditions:

- If the Wizard and all apprentices die, the crew wins.
    - If the shuttle leaves without the Wizard completing his objectives, no-one wins.
    - If the Wizard completes his objectives and leaves on the shuttle, the Wizard wins.

Alien

A number of players are selected as Aiens in an asteroid just outside the station, and need to break into the station and kill the Heads of Staff and disable the AI. However, the aliens must also protect their queen, which is an alien chosen randomly, and is able to lay eggs for facehuggers to spawn from.

Game Ending Conditions:

- If all of the Heads and the AI die, the Aliens win.
    - If the queen dies, the humans win.

Jobs

Well, there's a ton of jobs, and most of them are self explanatory. Jobs may vary between servers, but here's a list of the ones on the Gibbed stations.

Chef
    Chaplain
    Barman
    Botanist
    Janitor
    Assistant
    Electrician
    Engineer
    Miner
    Quartermaster
    Medical Doctor
    Geneticist
    Roboticist
    Chemist
    Scientist
    Security Officer
    Detective
    Chief Engineer
    Head Surgeon
    Research Director
    Head of Security
    Head of Personnel
    Captain
    AI
    Cyborg
    Operative
    Wizard
    Monkey
    Ghost
    Zombie
    Cluwne
    Changeling
    Other Stuff

To play this game, you must install and register an account for http://www.byond.com/, and then you must go to http://www.byond.com/games/Exadv1/SpaceStation13 to download and play SS13.

If you want more information, the wiki is here: http://ss13.donglabs.com/index.php?title=Main_Page.

Servers

As you may see from looking at the BYOND hub page, there are several servers to choose from.

The Gibbed servers are run by the Something Awful Goons and are somewhat the main SS13 servers.

The Facepunch SS13 server is mostly comprised of people who aren't even from Facepunch at all, so I wouldn't advise going there.

The Spacepunch server is far better than the Facepunch SS13 server and requires you to be whitelisted, you can contact darth-veger about this.

There are a bunch of others which I won't bother going in detail about since I don't have details on them.

Picture Evidence

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 37Dumb Dumb x 9Winner Winner x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,978 Posts
    I was in that game.

I haven't really played SS13 in like 2 months. I checked it yesterday and I see they added a lot of new stuff. Space-segways, ATM machines, instruments, new jobs and a fuckton of other stuff.
    Now that there's another thread I think I'll start playing again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2005
    3,495 Posts
    I haven't been playing since I was permabanned from the Dev server (2-3 months ago?), I can still play on every other server though. I just might start playing again, though it will be annoying to learn how to use a lot of new things again.

Edited:

When you checked did they drastically change the layout again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,978 Posts
    Nope, just a few changes. Security is where EVA was and EVA is where security was. Then there's a few additions like the barbershop and a waiting room in the escape corridor.

Also, dev is no more. There's only gibbed 3 and 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,499 Posts
    I usually play on the /tg/ servers, less goon adminfuckery, but more lag. There's a new lagless server, but it isn't always online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    262 Posts
    If you're new to the game, here's a brief, but quite in-depth tutorial:

Lines of text in spoilers won't actually happen. Ever.
    ----------
    ----------

The first thing you should notice is that this game is 2D, or two dimensional.

Click the "OOC" button in the top right corner and complain about this when you finish setting up your Captain/AI/Head of Personnel job choice loadout.

Woah, slow down there HitlerXXXB0nghitz420, that name isn't proper.

You misspelled hits, this is the kind of thing the administration really frowns upon.

When you feel you're ready to embark on a quest of mediocrity and ineptitude; orlando bloom; click the "Declare Ready" button.

Whoops you missed the starting gun, the button changed to "Join Game".

Select from the list of jobs (by this point Chef, Assistant, and for some reason Research Director) and click OK.

Control your character with your arrow keys. Don't worry about any of the HUD elements as those will disappear when you turn into a ghost from the plasma that Toxins Bay "accidentally" released into the station hallways.

Walk out of the arrival shuttle, take a right all the way to the detective's office, avoid this, because despite it being in one of the major hallways on the station and directly within reach of the Senior Staff's quarters and the Detective's office, you will be beaten to death with an incredibly inefficient weapon, such as the clown's mask after you slip on his PDA you failed to notice.

Continue your eastward trek until you reach the Medbay, followed by telling them you need medical assistance.

You're not hurt yet? Don't worry, you will be when that Roboticist behind you hits you with his saw for no reason.

The Medbay lobby is almost always filled with people, so dying here is    your best bet to be taken to the appropriate cloning facility    guaranteed to have your shit stolen and your body dragged into the morgue and forgotten.

Since you know where you should (theoretically) be taken to when your character expires, you'll want to be getting familiar with the layout.

Run into and past everyone who opens a door you don't have access to, that's a good way to get used to the layout and teach you about the Modus Operandi of the station by large.

Irritating someone on the station will force them to kill you, as you have broken the cardinal sin by:

[list] Walking down a hallway and accidentally moving someone "pulling" something they believe is important but is actually just a crate full of weed for the Head of Personnel.[/list]
    [list]Witnessing them committing a crime against humanity in the secluded, dark, perfectly lit hallway above the locker room.[/list]
    [list]Having the audacity to walk past another staff member without a weapon in hand.[/list]
    It is your privilege, no, DUTY- to never report any crime unless it's happening to your directly, because you, NanoTrasen employee, are more important than anyone else.

If that barrage of cleaner grenades and meteors didn't kill you, and you managed to slip past all the gaping holes into space the janitor has been mopping the floors infront of, you may have seen that the Escape Shuttle has arrived.

Make your way through the hallways to the rightmost side of the station, past Medbay, at which point you should be stopped by a wall of reinforced glass and welded doors to stop you from getting onto the ship.

Not unlike the first paragraph, complain about this in OOC.

If by some random happenstance you aren't the only one still alive, someone    myself    should come by to fix this mess    I myself made    the rest of the crew made, allowing you access to the escape shuttle.

6/10 times you won't make it to the escape shuttle, don't sweat it.

The remaining 4 times you do make it, 3/4 of those times you will be killed aboard the escape shuttle while surrounded by other crew members.

1/10 times you will make it to the shuttle and escape, leaving behind the hell-bound mausoleum we call "NanoTrasen" and ending the round.

Celebrate by being toolboxed to death.

That covers all you'll need (besides any gameplay elements) to know how to play Space Station 13.

When in doubt, grab a hold of your NADS!

Never do your job!
    Attack security for doing their job!
    Disappear mysteriously!
    Steal everything of value and hide it in your backpack!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18Useful Useful x 14Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,826 Posts
    If you're new to the game, here's a brief, but quite in-depth tutorial:

Lines of text in spoilers won't actually happen. Ever.
    ----------
    ----------

The first thing you should notice is that this game is 2D, or two dimensional.

Click the "OOC" button in the top right corner and complain about this when you finish setting up your Captain/AI/Head of Personnel job choice loadout.

Woah, slow down there HitlerXXXB0nghitz420, that name isn't proper.

You misspelled hits, this is the kind of thing the administration really frowns upon.

When you feel you're ready to embark on a quest of mediocrity and ineptitude; orlando bloom; click the "Declare Ready" button.

Whoops you missed the starting gun, the button changed to "Join Game".

Select from the list of jobs (by this point Chef, Assistant, and for some reason Research Director) and click OK.

Control your character with your arrow keys. Don't worry about any of the HUD elements as those will disappear when you turn into a ghost from the plasma that Toxins Bay "accidentally" released into the station hallways.

Walk out of the arrival shuttle, take a right all the way to the detective's office, avoid this, because despite it being in one of the major hallways on the station and directly within reach of the Senior Staff's quarters and the Detective's office, you will be beaten to death with an incredibly inefficient weapon, such as the clown's mask after you slip on his PDA you failed to notice.

Continue your eastward trek until you reach the Medbay, followed by telling them you need medical assistance.

You're not hurt yet? Don't worry, you will be when that Roboticist behind you hits you with his saw for no reason.

The Medbay lobby is almost always filled with people, so dying here is    your best bet to be taken to the appropriate cloning facility    guaranteed to have your shit stolen and your body dragged into the morgue and forgotten.

Since you know where you should (theoretically) be taken to when your character expires, you'll want to be getting familiar with the layout.

Run into and past everyone who opens a door you don't have access to, that's a good way to get used to the layout and teach you about the Modus Operandi of the station by large.

Irritating someone on the station will force them to kill you, as you have broken the cardinal sin by:

[LIST][*]Walking down a hallway and accidentally moving someone "pulling" something they believe is important but is actually just a crate full of weed for the Head of Personnel.[/LIST][LIST][*]Witnessing them committing a crime against humanity in the secluded, dark, perfectly lit hallway above the locker room.[/LIST][LIST][*]Having the audacity to walk past another staff member without a weapon in hand.[/LIST]It is your privilege, no, DUTY- to never report any crime unless it's happening to your directly, because you, NanoTrasen employee, are more important than anyone else.

If that barrage of cleaner grenades and meteors didn't kill you, and you managed to slip past all the gaping holes into space the janitor has been mopping the floors infront of, you may have seen that the Escape Shuttle has arrived.

Make your way through the hallways to the rightmost side of the station, past Medbay, at which point you should be stopped by a wall of reinforced glass and welded doors to stop you from getting onto the ship.

Not unlike the first paragraph, complain about this in OOC.

If by some random happenstance you aren't the only one still alive, someone    myself    should come by to fix this mess    I myself made    the rest of the crew made, allowing you access to the escape shuttle.

6/10 times you won't make it to the escape shuttle, don't sweat it.

The remaining 4 times you do make it, 3/4 of those times you will be killed aboard the escape shuttle while surrounded by other crew members.

1/10 times you will make it to the shuttle and escape, leaving behind the hell-bound mausoleum we call "NanoTrasen" and ending the round.

Celebrate by being toolboxed to death.

That covers all you'll need (besides any gameplay elements) to know how to play Space Station 13.

When in doubt, grab a hold of your NADS!

Never do your job!
    Attack security for doing their job!
    Disappear mysteriously!
    Steal everything of value and hide it in your backpack!

This ruins good rounds on SpaceStation 13 :frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    623 Posts
    This game is really fun, but I stopped playing right before they added the mining engineers

One thing I never understood is why they get so mad if you kill anyone. They model the whole game around the idea that you can kill people in a ton of different ways, but they'll ban you if you even think of it (If you're not the traitor)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,499 Posts
    This game is really fun, but I stopped playing right before they added the mining engineers

One thing I never understood is why they get so mad if you kill anyone. They model the whole game around the idea that you can kill people in a ton of different ways, but they'll ban you if you even think of it (If you're not the traitor)
    Because normal people don't kill other people out of spite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    813 Posts
    AH good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,456 Posts
    I remember last time I played this they killed me and made my corpse into burgers and then everyone in the cafeteria sat down and had "Stephen Hemson burgers".

Good times, good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2009
    623 Posts
    Because normal people don't kill other people out of spite
    But with all the methods to kill, most would be tempted to at least try it out

But I do agree with you. It's nice to see a game that's not all about killing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,499 Posts
    But with all the methods to kill, most would be tempted to at least try it out

But I do agree with you. It's nice to see a game that's not all about killing
    Yeah, it's more about griefing, and finding creative ways of killing people that DON'T involve bludgeoning them to death.

My favorite was putting a straitjacket, muzzle and blindfold on the captain as changeling, welding him in a locker, and placing in the Janitorial closet with two motion sensor activated 90000K bombs out of view. Then I disguised myself as him and called them to help, telling them I was welded in the locker.

Oh the amount of tears when 90% of the security team and all heads of staff died, and the station had a massive hole in it next to a large corridor hub.

(I was eventually banned over bragging about it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 48Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2009
    6,525 Posts
    I remember a long item ago I was an engineer and someone rushed past me through the door and started opening and snipping all the power stations. He got electrocuted for not wearing insulated gloves and then I stabbed him to death with his own screwdriver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    when i played i couldn't figure anything out

then lava appeared in front of me, it engulfed me partially, and i escaped by crawling away until some guy smashed my head in with a toolbox

at least that's what i think happened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,936 Posts
    Does this game still lag like crazy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,499 Posts
    Does this game still lag like crazy?
    On Goon servers? Not really, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,936 Posts
    On Goon servers? Not really, no.
    So if I press forward I won't have to wait 5 seconds to actually move?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,456 Posts
    I can't connect to any servers, except one, and I need to download resources for it and it downloads like 1% per ten minutes.
    What to do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,603 Posts
    First time I tried this I managed to fall out of an airlock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

July 2010
    373 Posts
    I used to be really into this game, then I realized: If you want honest-to-goodness roleplaying in a game, you need immersion. This game is not immersive.

Edited:

I think I made the first thread both on this and Cow RP a long time ago on an alt, was really surprised people liked them.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,523 Posts
    The only thing that stops me from playing this game is that the layout is so confusing and i never have any idea where to go. I asked people where the (insert workplace name) is and they said oh its right by the (insert other workplace which i have no fucking clue where it is). I only screw around like taking off window panels so people suffocate and drag bodies around to put them in someones office.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,442 Posts
    I keep getting banned for dealing with griefers on my own

really do these admins expect me to not turn someone who stole my ID into a monkey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

December 2009
    2 Posts
    I really enjoy space station 13, but I have no idea why. The game is full of griefers and many of the admins will ban you for the dumbest things.

I got job banned from security, AI, atmospherics, mining engineer, all head jobs, electrical engineers, structural engineers, and a variety of other things because I told the crew I was going to go explore space as the captain using the jetpack and space suit in the captains quarters.

And then I see a guy beat a bunch of people to death and get away with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,978 Posts
    So if I press forward I won't have to wait 5 seconds to actually move?
    You kind of missed the lag-free months of SS13. They fixed the lag and it was amazing, then they kept adding stuff at a steady rate (not that it's a bad thing) and now it's kind of laggy again. Not nearly as laggy as old SS13 though, it's still easy to move around.

Edited:

The only thing that stops me from playing this game is that the layout is so confusing and i never have any idea where to go. I asked people where the (insert workplace name) is and they said oh its right by the (insert other workplace which i have no fucking clue where it is). I only screw around like taking off window panels so people suffocate and drag bodies around to put them in someones office.
    http://ss13.donglabs.com/images/d/d1/St13.png
    There's a map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,970 Posts
    I played this in like, January-May of this year I think.
    What has been added?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,223 Posts
    So what servers are the best? I only play on the Goon server cause I believe only them have the latest revisions, maybe I'm wrong? Could we maybe get a FP server up?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,978 Posts
    The goon servers are the ones that are updated frequently.
    An FP server would just be using old versions of SS13 and it wouldn't be nearly as good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    262 Posts
    That's the map from like 4 iterations ago.

Don't rely on it.

Things that have been added since May

Changelog
    Friday, August 27, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    A slot machine is now available in the bar.
    You can now do artifact research that speeds up the analyser.
    You can now scoop bloodstains into bottles, glasses, etc.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010
    AngriestIBM updated:
    While the mailman is still gone, the mail chutes can now automatically ship parcels to different departments. W h o a

Monday, August 23, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    You can now purchase supply points at the Supply Ordering Console.

Sunday, August 22, 2010
    Mport updated:
    New Jobs
    Head Electrical Engineer: Runs power things on the station and will run Electronics
    Access: Engineering, Engineering Power Room, Tech storage APCs, Electronics, Engineering Storage, Engineering Engine Parts
    Electrical Engineer: Runs power things on the station
    Access: Engineering, Engineering Power Room, Tech Storage ,APCs
    Head Mining Engineer: Runs the Engineering Mining Outpost
    Access: Engineering, Engineering Power Room, Tech Storage ,APCs, Engineering EVA, Engineering Shuttle
    Mining Engineer: Mines
    Access: Engineering, Engineering EVA, Engineering Shuttle
    Environmental Engineer: Takes care of the stations Air
    Access: Engineering, Atmos control, Engineering Shuttle
    Structural Engineer: Takes care of the stations Hull
    Access: Engineering, Engineering Storage, Engineering Engine Parts

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
    LLJK-Mosheninkov updated:
    Added east/west facings to CentCom armor (thanks Blinkdog!) and added them to NT Commander's gear.

Sunday, August 15, 2010
    LLJK-Mosheninkov updated:
    Added medical belts to medbay and Medicine Closets.

Saturday, August 14, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Added Virus Manipulator to Pathology Lab. LLJK-Mosheninkov updated:
    Re-added Detective's special *monologue emote.
    Fixed issue with Mailman uniform sprite.
    Fixed issues with Medbay, Toxins, and Engineering mail dispatch.

Thursday, August 12, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Thrown pies splat on people again.
    The effect of a cloaking device is now more subtle.
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Artifacts are now available through a few sources.
    Coins and Dice for gambling.
    New Random Event.
    New appearance for some computers.
    South Maintenance expanded.

Friday, August 6, 2010
    IShallRiseAgain updated:
    Headsets with unique channels for a bunch of jobs now. Use :h to access the channel. I Said No updated:
    Corpses should no longer puke, grumble and such when drunk.
    Alcohol tox damage nerfed a bunch.
    Disease reagents now work when injected.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010
    sniperchance updated:
    Clown Car traitor item, Clown only. HONK HONK

Saturday, July 31, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Venne can now be inserted into a Reagent Extractor.
    Added a Reagent Extractor to Hydroponics.
    Put a mail chute back in Security.
    Re-added escape hall lounge.

Friday, July 30, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Updated disease backend a bit.
    Clown, Cosby, Turning Japanese and Berserker are now contact diseases.
    Brought some random events up to date.
    Distant explosions can be heard again.
    Added mode and round time to the status panel.
    Gave Cyborgs more remember-able names.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010
    BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Updated pipework
    Left a surprise somewhere

Saturday, July 27, 2010
    Mport updated:
    Engineering has a new layout.

Monday, July 27, 2010
    BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Did the space HVAC thing to security, added full LAM functionality to the area.

Saturday, July 25, 2010
    Mport updated:
    Added a slightly modified version of the brig Evoq came up with. Might get changed up a bit after testing.

Saturday, July 24, 2010
    AngriestIBM updated:
    Old-style detomatix is an option again, it's the "MISSILE" program on the cart.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010
    IShallRiseAgain updated:
    There are now job-specific traitor items for most jobs.

Saturday, July 3, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Added a small lounge to the Escape area.
    Gave AIs a few useful commands.
    It now takes much more alcohol to get drunk.

Friday, July 2, 2010
    IShallRiseAgain updated:
    Added Barber job and Barbershop area/tools. It is found in the Crew Quarters.

Tuesday, June 28, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    New disease: Panacaea.
    Lime-Aid, an alcohol counteragent, now available from Robust-Eez machines.
    Brainless Zombies now have to rough you up a bit before eating your brain.
    Plague Zombies no longer stay trapped and unable to die if burned to death.
    Disease resistances fixed. Diseases should be less pervasive in general now.
    Stopped Radweed from killing itself.
    Fixed dead slurring. Again. Again. Possibly. I hope.

Monday, June 28, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Berserker no longer causes stunning.
    Drunk emoting/ghost speech fixed.
    Fixed bug which prevented Radweed from growing..

Sunday, June 27, 2010
    BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Pipework redone for new areas.
    Fixed a bunch of things MPort broke. (AI can control APCs again)

Saturday, June 26, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    New weed: Radweed.
    Two new diseases: Berserker and Space AIDS.
    Antitoxins now remove alcohol from your body.

Thursday, June 24, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Botanists now start with an advice handbook in their PDA.
    Cabbage and Carrots for Hydroponics.
    Disease Lab access problems fixed.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Botanists now have some Weedkiller available. It can be mixed by the chemist too.
    Disease Lab is now Scientist access and has two Scientist starting points. Mport updated:
    New layout for security/brig/courtroom/EVA.

Friday, June 18, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Four medical herbs for Botanists, which can be processed into reagents.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010
    Mport updated:
    The engine now functions properly and should be able to power the station.
    Cyborgs now shit rods.
    Engineering Cyborgs now have wire.
    Engineering Cyborgs can now hack airlocks.
    Engineering Cyborgs can now hack APCs.
    Engineering Cyborgs can now hack Vending Machines.
    Engineering Cyborgs can now weld things like walls that have a timer.

I Said No updated:
    Barman now has a range of beverages to choose from.
    Brobot and Medbot are now more versatile/useful.
    Two new kinds of weed. Pest weed, not 420 weed.
    George Melons now work differently.
    You can now make Synthoranges.
    Assorted fixes.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Botanists now have their own PDA, with the Plant Scanner program.
    Two new random events: Kudzu Outbreak and Pest Outbreak.
    Prison Shuttle is back.
    Small fixes for critter AI.
    Hopefully fixed the invisible cyborg glitch.
    Critters: Roaches, Maneaters, Killer Tomatoes, Spores. You probably already knew this.

AngriestIBM updated:
    Critters: Mice.

Saturday, June 12, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    All cyborg types now have their own appearance.
    Added Hydroponics cyborg module.

Friday, June 11, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    A secret fun thing for Hydro.
    Sogginess/Dryness icons work again.

BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Atmospheric Techs and Heads have access two new gas controls located on the Local Air Monitors:
    Local Gas Override is used to replace the gases coming from atmos with a local supply from a plugged in canister.
    Local Supply Canisters are located in nearby maintenance corridors, and carry a very limited supply of air.
    Panic Siphon will cause all scrubbers in the area to siphon out the air to more quickly change the gas contents of a room: use caution and have internals when you engage this.

Thursday, June 10, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    New Random Event - Spatial Tear
    Reagent Extractor in Chemistry now has an interface!
    Plant Gene Manipulator in Genetics is now useful!
    Pathology/CDC/whatever now has it's own APC.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010
    Nannek updated:
    Disease Research Update, check the CDC.

BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Atmos update

I Said No updated:
    Tweaked weed odds again.
    Tweaked Ion Storm event.
    Added Food Poisoning disease.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010
    Nannek updated:
    Item updates
    Magnetic shoes work now
    Grav gens and mag shoes have new icons

AngriestIBM updated:
    Item updates
    PDA change

Monday, June 7, 2010
    Mport updated:
    Area Edits
    Engine Room
    RD now has an office
    Item Updates
    Welding Masks now make it harder to see.
    General
    Cyborgs can't be traitors.
    Buncha bugfixes.

Sunday, June 7, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Weeding chance lowered to something better.
    A secret fun thing.

Sunday, June 6, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Empty plant pots have a chance to sprout pesky weeds.
    Plants now indicate when their water is too high or low.
    Removed N2O cans from Brig maintenance.
    Added cutlery sets to the kitchen.
    Added glassware sets to kitchen and bar.
    Added trashcan to Mailroom.

BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Atmos alarms, now called Local Atmospheric Monitors, can now be clicked on and read to assess the atmosphere of a room.
    Note that though a LAM may indicate that the pressure of a room's atmosphere is lethal, pressure damage is not yet implemented
    LAMs also have an ID slot which can be swiped by Atmos techs and Heads+Captain.

Saturday, June 5, 2010
    Nannek updated:
    Disease Research Update

Mport updated:
    Item Update
    Very basic Field Generators and Containment Fields added

I Said No updated:
    People no longer fit in mail chutes.
    Spinach should be fixed now.
    Poo now splats when thrown.
    Mr Muggles has returned! He is a mailroom assistant.
    The wizard spell Forcewall has been made more useful.

BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Atmos Updates: Atmospherics can now fill canisters of gas to provide to other departments (because we all know toxins will find a new creative way to burn all theirs!)
    Storage tank outlet pumps are turned OFF by default for dangerous gasses.
    Mixer Control Computers will read trace gasses (such as N2O) properly as OTHER
    N2O chamber fixed, now atmos techs can flood the station with laughing gas! WHEE! (Administrative note: please don't.)

Friday, June 4, 2010
    Nannek updated:
    Cyborg Update
    Cyborg HUD update
    Cyborgs have radios
    Item Update
    Magnetic shoes added
    Gravity Field Generator addded

Mport updated:
    Cyborg Fixes
    Sec Cyborgs can now cuff people
    Cyborg eye sprites should work when the cover is open and when they die

I Said No updated:
    Mailroom/Mailman/Mail!

AngriestIBM updated:
    PDA2. It is like PDA1 but twice as much so. Remember to report bugs.

BurntCornMuffin updated:
    Atmos works! Don't forget to report bugs.

Thursday, June 3, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Hydroponics Changes:
    Analyzers now track the generation of bred plants.
    Bunch of backend stuff. Remember to report bugs.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Hydroponics Changes:
    Added Apple, Banana and Sugar crops. Sugar can be processed.
    SECRET FUN THINGS 3!!! (actually just bugfixes)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010
    Mport updated:
    Engineering was redone a bit.
    New Engineering item for a potential engine.
    Chief Engineer now spawns in the engine.
    Ghosts no longer block laser fire.

I Said No updated:
    Hydroponics Changes:
    Made weed less crippling. Again.
    Added disposal chutes to Hydroponics.
    Thrown tomatoes should no longer be lethal.
    Plantpots now start the game with full water.
    SECRET FUN THINGS AGAIN
    Other Stuff:
    Added a reagent extractor to chemistry.

Monday, May 31, 2010
    I Said No updated:
    Hydroponics Changes:
    Endurance gene added.
    Plants will stop growing if they run out of water.
    Chili peppers should work properly now.
    Weed no longer causes the screen to shake.
    Tomatoes now splat if thrown.
    SECRET FUN THINGS
    Other Stuff:
    Re-added working drinking glasses.
    Tomatoes, Chili Peppers and Eggs can be processed into condiments.

AngriestIBM updated:
    THE MAZE has returned, in refurbished form!

Stuntwaffle updated:
    BAD THINGS happen to you if you shit too quickly/often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,978 Posts
    A few things look a little different but most of the areas are in the correct places on that map.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    779 Posts
    Tried playing this yesterday. So I went to 3 (2 were Goon servers) different severs and all of them were laggy. Not extremely horrible, but a good 1 second delay, and enough to make me want to quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    February 2009
    170 Posts
    Is it possible for me to set up my own server if I just want to play with some friends?

33. Post #33
    April 2009
    236 Posts
    I was a janitor in this game and some naked fat guy that looked like Hitler followed me around and kept shitting on the floor!Then I got pissed and I tried to kill him with a crowbar, but even after 5-6 blows he throws me on the table takes my stuff and then the ship blew up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 35 (list)

34. Post #34
    September 2009
    6,525 Posts
    I was a janitor in this game and some naked fat guy that looked like Hitler followed me around and kept shitting on the floor!Then I got pissed and I tried to kill him with a crowbar, but even after 5-6 blows he throws me on the table takes my stuff and then the ship blew up.
    Someone needs to make a comic of this right now.

35. Post #35
    August 2005
    3,495 Posts
    Meh that happens all the time, also tables are OP.

36. Post #36
    August 2008
    45 Posts
    John Freeman added metal to his backpack? That was a damn good time I was having.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,826 Posts
    Guy with too much free time on his hands + the want to have the most current up to date version of Goonstation + the will to go that extra mile and having possession of the most recent released Goonstation dev version (Rev4407)

EQUALS ALMOST UP TO DATE STATION LAYOUT

Basically, i've taken it upon myself to do the best I can to update the old version of Goonstation that I had to the current Goonstation version.

As you can see, i've for the most part, recreated Engineering and Crew Quarters. Some things are still pretty buggy, but i've been able to code in myself, the up to date inventory lockers that Engineers now have and the Nanotransen enforcers and commanders for security, as well as the Research Director's locker.

I've also recreated the Research Director's office, HOP's office, Hydroponics partially, and the Prision Station (Minus the V-Brig stuff since I don't have the code or sprites for the chairs :gonk:)

However, because I don't have the revised code for Atmospherics, the code and sprites for the Singularity Engine, Or any of the code and sprites for Hydroponics, a lot of those "perks" of the newer Goonstation are still missing from my custom version. Since i'm not that good of a coder or spriter, i'll probably get as far as remaking the new Security Brig, Courtroom and EVA...

After that, I wouldn't be able to make anymore progress unless I took the time and some how got to be as good a spriter and coder as the entire development team of Goonstation all in one...

(Yes, I will make a server with this at some point)

(All of this took about 2 weeks to do so far :ssh:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Anyone have an updated mixtures list?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,911 Posts
    Wizard boxer represent

I play SS13 too much.

40. Post #40
    August 2010
    433 Posts
    SS13: good concept, godawful execution.

anyone who uses BYOND to make their game needs to be shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)