1. Post #41
    November 2009
    1,579 Posts
    If you can successfully rip models from the PS3, then you are already an awesome facepuncher in my books. Godspeed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    27,498 Posts
    - God, no, this post is too stupid -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    November 2009
    1,579 Posts
    10 bucks says even if he does port the models, they'll be too high poly to be used for buttfuck anything.
    Garrysmod can use any kind of model, no matter how high poly it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #44
    May 2010
    27,498 Posts
    Garrysmod can use any kind of model, no matter how high poly it is.
    Erm, i dont believe thats true.

The engine has its limits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    May 2008
    17 Posts
    theres no highpoly models in heavy ran, the intermissions you see with the hi res faces are pre-rendered... they're not realtime. the in game models are pretty lowpoly actually, and thats because the PS3 just isn't that powerful. anything on the ps3 or xbox360 are still within limits of gmod.

poser models which are hundreds of thousand of polygons are even in gmod.. so there is no real limit to what we can place into gmod, as there are always ways to do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    May 2010
    27,498 Posts
    theres no highpoly models in heavy ran, the intermissions you see with the hi res faces are pre-rendered... they're not realtime. the in game models are pretty lowpoly actually, and thats because the PS3 just isn't that powerful. anything on the ps3 or xbox360 are still within limits of gmod.

poser models which are hundreds of thousand of polygons are even in gmod.. so there is no real limit to what we can place into gmod, as there are always ways to do it
    Oh.

I did not know that.

Edited:

Wat about this then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,709 Posts
    how about you let him port what was asked for and stop asking for more.

makes ya look like a jerk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    May 2008
    17 Posts
    I think MG4 models are obtainable too, I haven't looked at it personally but chrrox said the files were accessible.

as for getting content into gmod, again the ps3 isnt that powerful. I think its only got 512 ish mb of video ram...
    it wont be holding any models that a normal PC can't handle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,073 Posts
    I remember seeing MGs4 models in max ones. I admit I would like to take a look at them as well :P

That said - am I correct in assuming that Chroxx is the Chroxx from xentax?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    January 2011
    134 Posts
    well my name is chrrox don't know why everyone cant spell it right its in this thread.
    another proof ps3 ripping is possible folklore model i ripped.
    http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3699/folklore1.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    Oh wait, you're from Xentax? Well sorry I had any doubt in you then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,385 Posts
    well my name is chrrox don't know why everyone cant spell it right its in this thread.
    This is awesome. You are awesome. Good to know that PS3 porting/ripping is feasible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    702 Posts
    I remember seeing MGs4 models in max ones. I admit I would like to take a look at them as well :P

That said - am I correct in assuming that Chroxx is the Chroxx from xentax?
    Oh wait, you're from Xentax? Well sorry I had any doubt in you then.
    What the hell is Xentax?

Edited:

Why don't the people who are apparently able to rip from consoles do so and give the ripped results to the ones who can input them in Garry's Mod? Do you know how much cool stuff is able to be ported? Metal Gear, Red Dead, Heavy Rain and numerous others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,302 Posts
    Look at how detailed and good the models are. Not to mention it was made by a company, which has a whole team of people to work on the model. (You know, as opposed to here, where it's just one person) Yeah, I don't think that someone will be able to model these so well.
    Even in the industry, individual models are usually made by one person.

Bu tin the case of Heavy rain, they were all scanned from actors, and all the modelers really had to do was retopo everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    January 2011
    134 Posts
    Yes what about mgs4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    That's nice and all but what about Heavy Rain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,592 Posts
    That's creepy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    June 2009
    296 Posts
    Who the fuck called you here? Faggot stalker.
    some one needs some soap to clean that dirty mouth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    January 2011
    134 Posts
    Proof of ps3 ripping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,302 Posts
    alright alright alright we fucking get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #61
    May 2010
    27,498 Posts
    Proof of ps3 ripping
    Snake!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,302 Posts
    That's nice and all but what about Heavy Rain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    15,073 Posts
    Proof of ps3 ripping
    Any chance of getting the frog soldiers? I'd be willing to most likely rig them once time is found.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,592 Posts
    Proof of ps3 ripping
    Can you tell us how?

But first, finish the Heavy Rain models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Bionic Disabled Girl Railing Officer
    August 2009
    4,192 Posts
    Can you tell us how?

But first, finish the Heavy Rain models.
    why not ask ask him nicely instead of commanding him like an self entitled prick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    Talk about thread derailing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    May 2010
    27,498 Posts
    Talk about thread derailing.
    For the greater good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,234 Posts
    For the greater good!
    Tau will trimuph
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    The King of Wing
    May 2008
    5,146 Posts
    For the greater good!

Greater goooood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    March 2010
    743 Posts

Greater goooood.

The greater good ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Late Late x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    298 Posts
    Proof of ps3 ripping
    That's nice and all, but...

...what about the Heavy Rain models, god damn it?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,302 Posts
    So the dude comes to spam the thread with proof that ripping from the PS3 is possible, and then leaves forever....

What is it with people who design ripping shit for consoles act like they're entitled to anything anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

33. Post #73
    September 2010
    374 Posts
    So the dude comes to spam the thread with proof that ripping from the PS3 is possible, and then leaves forever....

What is it with people who design ripping shit for consoles act like they're entitled to anything anyway?
    Who said that he left? He's probably busy with the ripping!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,656 Posts
    Depends what "ripping shit for consoles" means.

~What is it with people who don't actually do jack shit, acting like they're (you're) entitled to whine at him about this matter? Maybe it's not his first priority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,302 Posts
    Just making a note that the allmighty godly PS3 extractor is acting just as childish as me or you in this case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    February 2010
    5,175 Posts
    Don't be ignorant. He's a busy man, I'm sure. As ill-fitting as showing off MGS ports was, he's proven he can work on these models for free when he's ready. These things take effort and time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #77
    January 2011
    134 Posts
    I will work on heavy rain models the problem is finding them lol. This game is huge and i have 0 file names to work with. So i am sorting through thousands of files looking for a model structure i have no idea what it looks like. This takes time.
    And yes I can rip any mgs4 model with bones weights and textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #78

January 2011
    26 Posts
    I will work on heavy rain models the problem is finding them lol. This game is huge and i have 0 file names to work with. So i am sorting through thousands of files looking for a model structure i have no idea what it looks like. This takes time.
    And yes I can rip any mgs4 model with bones weights and textures.

hey how is the mgs4 ripping going??? hope you have not given up, if you did not can you please rip snake with his young with bandana facecamo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,656 Posts
    "chrrox: Last Activity 3 Weeks Ago"

Yeah, he's definetly going to reply back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    May 2008
    324 Posts
    Yes what about mgs4
    if you can possibly port raiden that would the greatest thing ever
    also http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...aiden-amp-Vamp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)