1. Post #41
    Casual gamer
    March 2010
    4,633 Posts
    Tell me if you ever need some cleaning done.
       I will lick whatever it is clean for you.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    October 2008
    389 Posts
    I've commited a fix for this, update your working copy and see if it works out. http://tracker.limetech.org/projects.../revisions/145
    Works like a charm. It still needs some improvements though.

If anybody wants to download the OSX build, there you go.
    EDIT:
    Updated to Vapor 0.4

Compiled using Mono 2.8
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Unable to connect to auth server, at home.
    I've discovered an issue with the Steam2 login code. The username wasn't being sent lowercase.

The fix is to either type in your username lowercase, or download a newer version of Vapor: http://tracker.limetech.org/projects/steamre/files

4. Post #44
    July 2010
    687 Posts
    I'm still getting "Unable to login to Steam2",

Here's the output:

Code:
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 72.165.61.189:27030...
    Vapor Steam2: Getting auth server list from 72.165.61.189:27030...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to auth server 72.165.61.139:27039...
    AuthServerClient: RequestIP threw an exception.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at SteamKit2.NetHelpers.GetIPAddress (System.Net.IPAddress ipAddr) [0x00000] 
      at SteamKit2.AuthServerClient.RequestIP (System.String user) [0x00000] 
    Vapor Steam2: Unable to login!
    OS X 10.6

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    I'm still getting "Unable to login to Steam2",

Here's the output:

Code:
    AuthServerClient: RequestIP threw an exception.
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at SteamKit2.NetHelpers.GetIPAddress (System.Net.IPAddress ipAddr) [0x00000] 
      at SteamKit2.AuthServerClient.RequestIP (System.String user) [0x00000] 
    OS X 10.6
    Try this version, I've fixed that issue: http://tracker.limetech.org/projects/steamre/files
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    Some bloke on Facepunch does in a few days what Valve couldn't in several years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,403 Posts
    He's already had APIs and such running with Steam (OpenSteamWorks), a few other programs(a chat log, if I remember correctly), and now this. Doesn't surprise me, VoiDeD has a talent for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    20,043 Posts
    He wasn't alone on this, and also spend quite some time on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,143 Posts
    "couldn't" is the wrong word here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

10. Post #50
    May 2010
    815 Posts
    It is if you end it with "be fucked".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    17,896 Posts
    "didn't" is better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 3Zing Zing x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,928 Posts
    You should also add tabbed chat support later on.
    Do you realize the consequences of tabbed chat if you have more than like 25 friends?

It's pretty much impossible to communicate to people if you have more than 3 chats open let alone the 40 I often have.

Don't even bother adding it, it's absolutely worthless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    May 2010
    815 Posts
    Do you realize the consequences of tabbed chat if you have more than like 25 friends?

It's pretty much impossible to communicate to people if you have more than 3 chats open let alone the 40 I often have.

Don't even bother adding it, it's absolutely worthless.
    I'm not even going to explain why this is post is fucking stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,758 Posts
    He's already had APIs and such running with Steam (OpenSteamWorks), a few other programs(a chat log, if I remember correctly), and now this. Doesn't surprise me, VoiDeD has a talent for it.
    Steam chatlogger? Working? With tabs? And chatrooms? :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,928 Posts
    I'm not even going to explain why this is post is fucking stupid.
    Yeah, it's so stupid to not make things counter productive.

Shit, someone messaged me and I have all these chats... But who messaged me because this guy is on snooze and the other guy didn't.

Well who do I have chat windows open with?

I still don't know who messaged me, it appears I'll have to start looking through every single one...

Oh it's taken me 30+ seconds to find a single chat so that I can respond instead of just being able to click on a group of windows and then his window in 2-3 seconds.

I suppose if the drop down list flashes it might be okay but having them all in one window and having to switch between them seems less efficient than using more screen space and having a bunch of windows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    July 2010
    17 Posts
    The drop down list flashes for me. Maybe it's the custom skin screwing things around.

17. Post #57
    December 2009
    931 Posts
    hey its me :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    May 2010
    815 Posts
    Yeah, it's so stupid to not make things counter productive.

Shit, someone messaged me and I have all these chats... But who messaged me because this guy is on snooze and the other guy didn't.

Well who do I have chat windows open with?

I still don't know who messaged me, it appears I'll have to start looking through every single one...

Oh it's taken me 30+ seconds to find a single chat so that I can respond instead of just being able to click on a group of windows and then his window in 2-3 seconds.

I suppose if the drop down list flashes it might be okay but having them all in one window and having to switch between them seems less efficient than using more screen space and having a bunch of windows.
    I doubt you can have simultaneous conversations with 15 people at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,928 Posts
    The drop down list flashes for me. Maybe it's the custom skin screwing things around.
    Good point, it could be but I just never cared for the tabs either because I can't as easily have a bunch of windows to compare, copy and read at the same time instead of switching all between them.

If you hardly ever talk to 5+ people at once it's okay but if I leave my computer on by accident or fall asleep or something while on steam I will normally come back to 40 different chat windows.

Yeah, whatever I suppose it wouldn't be a bad feature but it shouldn't default on like it does on steam.

20. Post #60
    December 2009
    931 Posts
    I doubt you can have simultaneous conversations with 15 people at the same time.
    You're stupid anyways.
    IT DOES flash but the pain is, that I run Garry's Mod in Windowed but full-screened.
    When I alt-tab out, it doesn't flash but when I go back into shift-tab shit it's flashing here:

But the nice design that fucking Steam forgot to take note in is the windows 7 taskbar

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,928 Posts
    I regularly talk to 3-4 people at the same time, but most conversions are rather one sided or have little meaning.

I could leave my computer on overnight and post a screen shot in 12 or so hours when I get back.

I always have friend requests and have to remove people near daily, apparently having a server owner on your friends list is really important or something.
    I hit the 250 limit constantly because I have around 220 people who over the last 4 years I have played I remember and like and people constantly add me to ask me about stuff I don't care about or beg me to do something.

You're stupid anyways.
    IT DOES flash but the pain is, that I run Garry's Mod in Windowed but full-screened.
    When I alt-tab out, it doesn't flash but when I go back into shift-tab shit it's flashing here:
    Yeah, that's really annoying as well.

22. Post #62
    May 2010
    815 Posts
    I regularly talk to 3-4 people at the same time, but most conversions are rather one sided or have little meaning.

I could leave my computer on overnight and post a screen shot in 12 or so hours when I get back.

I always have friend requests and have to remove people near daily, apparently having a server owner on your friends list is really important or something.
    I hit the 250 limit constantly because I have around 220 people who over the last 4 years I have played I remember and like and people constantly add me to ask me about stuff I don't care about or beg me to do something.
    That makes sense and thanks for the clarification.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    December 2009
    931 Posts
    That makes sense and thanks for the clarification.
    :)

24. Post #64
    www.bff-hab.de
    February 2009
    7,638 Posts
    Dude, do you KNOW how FUCKING MUCH I WANTED THIS?

25. Post #65
    December 2009
    931 Posts
    Dude, do you KNOW how FUCKING MUCH I WANTED THIS?
    We know now, I guess in capitals eh?

26. Post #66
    July 2010
    687 Posts
    Thanks, it's working great now.

What beautiful skin is that for Steam? Are those sexually crisp fonts a part of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,403 Posts
    Stuff about tabs.

You can turn that off, so it'll make a new window for each new chat. You can also rip the tabs off and put them in a new window as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,405 Posts
    Still unable to get Steam2 auth servers for me. It happens in both 0.4 and when I compile the svn version.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Can you launch Vapor in -debug and see what errors it spits out?
    :P

30. Post #70
    I'm a Wizard
    March 2006
    2,549 Posts
    Works great on Ubuntu 10.10

31. Post #71
    July 2009
    3,416 Posts
    Doing something wrong?
    Code:
    xoin@debian64:~/Vapor_0.3$ mono Vapor.exe 

** (Vapor.exe:16273): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/xoin/Vapor_0.3/Vapor.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=1)
         Version:    2.0.0.0
         Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/xoin/Vapor_0.3/).

** (Vapor.exe:16273): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Doing something wrong?
    Code:
    xoin@debian64:~/Vapor_0.3$ mono Vapor.exe 

** (Vapor.exe:16273): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/xoin/Vapor_0.3/Vapor.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=1)
         Version:    2.0.0.0
         Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/xoin/Vapor_0.3/).

** (Vapor.exe:16273): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    Googling around led me to: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=851578

Looks like you're missing a required mono package.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,328 Posts
    the bottom scroll bar won't go away!! ahhhh

Edited:

Can I make an icon for this because the default sucks

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,743 Posts
    this is cool

I'd use it if I didn't already stop using steam because everyone asks me to code lua for them (no lie 10 popups every time I go to play any game) and steam lags so hard I can't remove any friends or anything

fuck

35. Post #75
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,041 Posts
    -snip-

36. Post #76
    October 2009
    40 Posts
    the bottom scroll bar won't go away!! ahhhh
    Glad someone else ran into this!
    VoiDeD refused to believe me, even with screenshots :P.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    November 2010
    95 Posts
    Getting this issue in Ubuntu.
    Code:
    AuthServerClient: GetSalt threw an exception while reading the salt.
    System.IO.IOException: Read failure ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at SteamKit2.AuthServerClient.GetSalt (System.String user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Getting this issue in Ubuntu.
    Code:
    AuthServerClient: GetSalt threw an exception while reading the salt.
    System.IO.IOException: Read failure ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at SteamKit2.AuthServerClient.GetSalt (System.String user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    What version of Ubuntu and Mono?

39. Post #79
    November 2010
    95 Posts
    Maverick (10.10), 2.6.7.

40. Post #80
    January 2011
    938 Posts
    Downloaded and compiled. Works pretty well for me in Arch with mono 2.8.2. Only issue I have is a graphics glitch, but it's no big deal.