1. Post #321
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    9,445 Posts
    Problems on Linux Mint 11 - Once I minimize it, there's no way to bring it back because it doesn't appear as a task on the panel nor does it go to the tray. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,585 Posts
    Can someone covert this to android?

3. Post #323
    Garry doesn't deserve a penny of my money
    October 2008
    1,097 Posts
    Can someone covert this to android?
    I am making a android/web app using this: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1113839-pocketSteam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

4. Post #324
    November 2010
    161 Posts
    What is Valve position on this, am quite afraid of using www.imo.im for Steam Chat (Web Chat on PC or Mobiles) and getting my account banned. Has someone contacted Valve, is alot of people using this ?

5. Post #325
    August 2009
    20 Posts
    Problems on Linux Mint 11 - Once I minimize it, there's no way to bring it back because it doesn't appear as a task on the panel nor does it go to the tray. :(
    Same here :(
    -----
    I would like to disable the avatars to see more people at once. It sucks even with only 30 friends, even worse if you are one of those people that have 200 (like Revan/Turck3 from Wiremod).
    -----
    Also, Broxile is awesome O_O
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3569419/dbs_...ss2_b50002.jpg
    Looks a bit like Xonotic (Nexuiz >.>)

6. Post #326
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,194 Posts
    [root@fedora-desktop Documents]# mono resource/Vapor.exe
    Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vapor.TraceDialog' from assembly 'Vapor, Version=1.0.4157.24559, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Fedora 15 =(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #327

August 2006
    10 Posts
    Not sure if this is still being worked on, but I can't log in even with the newest version- I get the "Unable to login to Steam2" error. I'm running windows xp 32-bit in boot camp on a macbook. Here's what I get from the debug:

Code:
    New log started on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 10:19:32 AM
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 72.165.61.189:27030...
    Vapor Steam2: Unable to connect to server.
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
       at SteamKit2.TcpSocket.Connect(IPEndPoint endPoint)
       at SteamKit2.ServerClient.Connect(IPEndPoint endPoint)
       at Vapor.Steam2.GetAuthServerList(String userName)
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 72.165.61.190:27030...
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 69.28.151.178:27038...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 69.28.153.82:27038...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 87.248.196.194:27038...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 68.142.72.250:27038...

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Not sure if this is still being worked on, but I can't log in even with the newest version- I get the "Unable to login to Steam2" error. I'm running windows xp 32-bit in boot camp on a macbook. Here's what I get from the debug:

Code:
    New log started on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 10:19:32 AM
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 72.165.61.189:27030...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 72.165.61.190:27030...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 69.28.151.178:27038...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 69.28.153.82:27038...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 87.248.196.194:27038...
    Vapor Steam2: Connecting to GDS Server 68.142.72.250:27038...
    Looks like the Steam2 servers were down at the moment you connected.

Do you always get this issue? Or is it something new that happened recently?

A curious note about this is that Valve has slowly been getting rid of their Steam2 infrastructure for logon, and you can logon directly into Steam3 without using their older servers. The absolute bleeding edge version of Vapor has removed all Steam2 code, so that should work for you. I'll see if I can release the latest version when I get home from class later today.

[root@fedora-desktop Documents]# mono resource/Vapor.exe
    Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vapor.TraceDialog' from assembly 'Vapor, Version=1.0.4157.24559, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Fedora 15 =(
    That's a very odd exception. What version of mono are you using?

What is Valve position on this, am quite afraid of using www.imo.im for Steam Chat (Web Chat on PC or Mobiles) and getting my account banned. Has someone contacted Valve, is alot of people using this ?
    You'd be best off contacting the people behind that service and asking them. I've never received any notice from Valve on what their stance is for this kind of software.

I'll see if I can release a version that doesn't have the tray icon features.

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Alright, I've released version 1.3 of Vapor.

This is only a bugfix release that removes the Steam2 logon code, it should still work just like before.

Additionally, I'm introducing a NoTray version which won't hide the window when closed, but will exit.

You can find it here: https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre/downloads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #330

August 2006
    10 Posts
    Looks like the Steam2 servers were down at the moment you connected. Do you always get this issue? Or is it something new that happened recently? A curious note about this is that Valve has slowly been getting rid of their Steam2 infrastructure for logon, and you can logon directly into Steam3 without using their older servers. The absolute bleeding edge version of Vapor has removed all Steam2 code, so that should work for you. I'll see if I can release the latest version when I get home from class later today.
    I downloaded and used Vapor 1.2 for the first time and it kept happening no matter what. Also, I tried 1.3 and I can log in, but my friends list is completely blank, my name shows up as < Name > , and after a while it gives me a message box with "Disconnected from Steam3!"

This is all I get from debug:

Code:
    New log started on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 9:35:31 AM
    UdpConnection: Sent -> ChallengeReq Seq 0 Ack 0; 0 bytes; Message: 0 bytes 0 packets
    UdpConnection: Connection timed out
    UdpConnection: Calling OnDisconnected
    CMClient: Sent -> EMsg: ClientLogOff (Proto: True)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    I downloaded and used Vapor 1.2 for the first time and it kept happening no matter what. Also, I tried 1.3 and I can log in, but my friends list is completely blank, my name shows up as < Name > , and after a while it gives me a message box with "Disconnected from Steam3!"

This is all I get from debug:

Code:
    New log started on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 9:35:31 AM
    UdpConnection: Sent -> ChallengeReq Seq 0 Ack 0; 0 bytes; Message: 0 bytes 0 packets
    UdpConnection: Connection timed out
    UdpConnection: Calling OnDisconnected
    CMClient: Sent -> EMsg: ClientLogOff (Proto: True)
    Try launching it with -tcp, and see if that improves anything.

12. Post #332
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,909 Posts
    It works nicely, thanks for the update. One thing is that it shows your own account in the user list. I'm using the notray version if that helps any.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    One thing is that it shows your own account in the user list. I'm using the notray version if that helps any.
    Oops, I've corrected that.

You'll find it in the same place: https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre/downloads

14. Post #334

August 2006
    10 Posts
    Try launching it with -tcp, and see if that improves anything.
    Tried that, now I get this message:

Unable to login to Steam3: Unable to connect to CM server.

Debug doesn't give me anything.

15. Post #335
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,480 Posts
    does anyone know if this works on Android since i want to be able to chat to my friends on steam via my phone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #336
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,124 Posts
    does anyone know if this works on Android since i want to be able to chat to my friends on steam via my phone
    The stupid, it hurts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,987 Posts
    I haven't read the thread (Sorry! D: )

but is there an iOS version being developed, like the Android version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,480 Posts
    I haven't read the thread (Sorry! D: )

Thatll be cool

19. Post #339
    It uses a different code, and it's intended for Linux machines, not Android devices.
    There's another project being developed, you would have noticed it if you had read the thread.

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Tried that, now I get this message:

Unable to login to Steam3: Unable to connect to CM server.

Debug doesn't give me anything.
    It sounds like you're having networking issues outside of the scope of just Vapor.

What OS/distro are you running this on?

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,278 Posts
    I'm crashing as soon as my friends tab loads.

I'm on Win7.

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    I'm crashing as soon as my friends tab loads.

I'm on Win7.
    Can you provide any more information than that? Such as the exception details or anything?

23. Post #343
    August 2011
    5 Posts
    This is a brilliant program, well made. Could do with some theme settings for it. I don't really like having the top of it not blend in.

24. Post #344

August 2006
    10 Posts
    It sounds like you're having networking issues outside of the scope of just Vapor. What OS/distro are you running this on?
    Windows XP, running in boot camp

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    328 Posts
    Everytime I attempt to login, I keep getting "Vapor has stopped working". Happens when it shows my online friend list. Using Win7, 32B. This didn't happen a few weeks ago with an older Vapor version. Only when I accepted too many friends within a few seconds.

EDIT:
    Found the issue. Too many friends in friendlist = crash. I logged in on a different account with less friends and it wasn't crashing anymore. At least, I hope this is causing the issue.

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Everytime I attempt to login, I keep getting "Vapor has stopped working". Happens when it shows my online friend list. Using Win7, 32B. This didn't happen a few weeks ago with an older Vapor version. Only when I accepted too many friends within a few seconds.

EDIT:
    Found the issue. Too many friends in friendlist = crash. I logged in on a different account with less friends and it wasn't crashing anymore. At least, I hope this is causing the issue.
    Are you getting any crash dialog that you can pull a log from? I can't exactly reproduce this crash.

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    328 Posts
    It seems I'm not the only one who has the crash issue when the friend tab loads as I just saw from a few posts above. But it doesn't seem to crash now. But no, no log. I can only close the error box and vapor closes down.

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,398 Posts
    Code:
    Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SteamKit2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'SteamKit2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SteamKit2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    spaz@UBUNTOP:~$ '/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe' 

** (/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe:24219): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=0)
         Version:    2.0.0.0
         Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/).

** (/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe:24219): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    I get this on Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit, Mono is installed, Vapour 1.3.1 with tray. Im gonna try an older version in a sec.

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Code:
    Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SteamKit2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SteamKit2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    spaz@UBUNTOP:~$ '/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe' 

** (/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe:24219): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=0)
         Version:    2.0.0.0
         Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/).

** (/home/spaz/Installs/Vapour/Vapor.exe:24219): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    I get this on Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit, Mono is installed, Vapour 1.3.1 with tray. Im gonna try an older version in a sec.
    A quick google search led me here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=851578

You should try installing the 2.0 package to see if it fixes things. Kinda odd that Ubuntu's mono doesn't come with that assembly right off the bat.

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,398 Posts
    A quick google search led me here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=851578

You should try installing the 2.0 package to see if it fixes things. Kinda odd that Ubuntu's mono doesn't come with that assembly right off the bat.
    Installed it, and now it's saying Mono for windows isn't installed, even though it is. It has nothing to do with Vapor I guess.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,296 Posts
    Getting this
    Code:
      Problemereignisname:	CLR20r3
      Problemsignatur 01:	vapor.exe
      Problemsignatur 02:	1.3.1.39827
      Problemsignatur 03:	4e571c07
      Problemsignatur 04:	mscorlib
      Problemsignatur 05:	2.0.0.0
      Problemsignatur 06:	4d8cdd0e
      Problemsignatur 07:	e3
      Problemsignatur 08:	10
      Problemsignatur 09:	System.InvalidOperationException
      Betriebsystemversion:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Gebietsschema-ID:	3079
    on my main account (~230 friends).

Second acc with ~50 works fine.

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    328 Posts
    So as I assumed. Too many friends is causing crashes.

33. Post #353
    "Logged off from Steam3: InvalidProtocolVer"

Getting this whenever I log in, already put in Steam Guard code.
    Tray version, Win 7 32-bit.

Edited:

Just remembered I posted about this before and running as admin worked... Wtf

Even after updating I still get this, but why?

Oh well...

Edited:

Now it seems I have too many friends and it crashes on me.

Great.
    Say goodbye to me ever using Steam again on THIS computer...

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    Alright, I've worked out the issue people with large friend lists are having, and I've fixed it in version 1.4.

Download link remains the same: https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre/downloads

Other fixes in this version includes some performance fixes when resizing the window, and fixes for the friends list displaying too many friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

35. Post #355
    You are incredible

A million hearts to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #356
    April 2011
    3,346 Posts
    Using this on Arch, great program, but I've found a bug, not sure if it's been posted before.

When somebody not on your friends list chats with you, it doesn't notify you and ask what you want to do(accept, deny, block and deny), it just opens the chat up, and it says the user is "unknown".

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    840 Posts
    It's always something.

I've fixed that (at least the [unknown] part. Not showing a confirmation dialog was a design choice.) in v1.4.1: https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre/downloads

Additionally I've made it so that double clicking on the tray icon on the tray build will show/hide the friends list.

Hopefully this will be the last of the fixes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #358
    July 2010
    17 Posts
    No idea if there's an Android version at all, but in my spare time I've been slowly trying to port it over to Mac/iOS.

Unfortunately, I lost two critical source files when I stupidly forgot to back up one folder a few months ago when I reinstalled Windows on my desktop, and 90% of my work was Steam2-based which has now been discontinued. I'm almost back to square one :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    11,230 Posts
    does this have to be installed or can i just unzip this to a flash drive and i'm good to go?

Edited:

never mind found out on my own
    now i can bring my internet friends to college!

40. Post #360
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Vapor 1.4.1 Gentoo on KDE 4.7.1

The problem: I start the program and get this.

You can find Mono's output with --debug and -v here (I didn't read the thread and this is the only time I ever bothered with Mono so I don't know if that's too much or not enough or what).

Additionally, I supply the following:

Versions of the tools used to build Mono:
    Code:
    System uname: Linux-3.0.4-gentoo-i686-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_Processor_3500+-with-gentoo-2.0.3
    Timestamp of tree: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:00:01 +0000
    app-shells/bash:          4.2_p10
    dev-lang/python:          2.7.2-r3, 3.1.4-r3, 3.2.2
    dev-util/cmake:           2.8.5-r2
    dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.26
    sys-apps/baselayout:      2.0.3
    sys-apps/openrc:          0.9.3-r1
    sys-apps/sandbox:         2.5
    sys-devel/autoconf:       2.68
    sys-devel/automake:       1.9.6-r3, 1.11.1-r1
    sys-devel/binutils:       2.21.1-r1
    sys-devel/gcc:            4.4.5, 4.5.3-r1
    sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.4.1-r1
    sys-devel/libtool:        2.4-r1
    sys-devel/make:           3.82-r3
    sys-kernel/linux-headers: 2.6.39 (virtual/os-headers)
    sys-libs/glibc:           2.13-r4
    Mono's build settings:
    Code:
    dev-lang/mono-2.10.5 was built with the following:
    USE="-minimal -pax_kernel -xen"
    CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing"
    CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)