1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Okay, I added people, I have a question though, do you use a proppe tool like a Y-tool for tightening stuff and mounting decks or do you use just a spanner and alan keys or what?

2. Post #42
    December 2009
    943 Posts
    Okay, I added people, I have a question though, do you use a proppe tool like a Y-tool for tightening stuff and mounting decks or do you use just a spanner and alan keys or what?
    If there is a skate tool around I use it, but if I can find one and spanner etc will suffice.

3. Post #43
    I fucking love eggs!!!
    July 2007
    1,552 Posts
    I never used a t-tool( as we call them in aus ) but i knew a few who did.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Cuz I was gonna order one seeing as the trucks I just got were supah loose, I can just tighten it as soon as it gets here, cuz I got a 'no quibble return garuntee' so, yeah.

This is what I just got:
    Deck
    http://www.skateboardsofchoice.co.uk...k.htm?browse=1
    Trucks
    http://www.skateboardsofchoice.co.uk...w.htm?browse=1
    Wheels
    http://www.skateboardsofchoice.co.uk...s.htm?browse=1

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,155 Posts
    You can add me aswell.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,116 Posts
    I just came in from some skateing with a friend, i just started so im learning the basics and trying to suceed with and ollie, im gonna keep going 'til i get better!

7. Post #47
    December 2009
    943 Posts
    I've got those rictas, but in pink, they are sexy as fuck.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Hmm, I'm wondering weather to actually send it back, or man up and keep it even though it has half holes in, could they turn into cracks? I mean I doubt it but has this ever happened to anyone else? It turns to loose and the wheels go into the deck?

9. Post #49
    January 2010
    5,772 Posts
    I started simply with a shifter spanner from a shed at home, but I went skating with one of the staff at my local skate store and when he pointed out my trucks needed tightening, I said i'd break out the spanner when I got home, he pulled out his Skate Tool (It's a T shaped Y tool) and tightened them for me, and then told me to keep the Skate Tool.

edit:

I skate, My stance is Regular, I suck at skating goofy. I prefer skating Street because I never practiced Vert due to the bowl being full of BMX riders. Been skating since I was 9, But I stopped for 2 years in the time between when I snapped my first Folklore deck and bought my current Zero.

Zero 9 ply deck
    Girl trucks (tight, how I like my bitch's ) with risers
    Modus black bearings
    My own scratched art on the grip tape.

I skate in shorts because I hate the people that get around in skinny jeans.
    I live in Adelaide and my local Skate park is called "The Fields"
    I don't wear protective gear, I don't feel it's worth it. It feels clunky and I've only regretted not wearing it once, When I was learning to ollie and fell into the bowl.

Zero deck has a shit load of 'pop'. Folklore deck feels soggy in comparison.

Most advanced flip trick I can do is Varial Heelflip.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    714 Posts
    I used to skate. Never really got too good at it but it was still fun. Fucked up my ankles too many times so now I dont like to skate as much.

but I sure do love longboarding.
    add me to the list anyways

11. Post #51
    December 2009
    943 Posts
    I'm ordering some venture trucks and girl rises this weekend

You still haven't added me to the list.

12. Post #52
    February 2010
    229 Posts
    I went off a curb once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2010
    328 Posts
    I hate skaters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    591 Posts
    Add me please.