1. Post #41
    January 2009
    160 Posts
    I changed my decision :)
    Cool to see a kino. Can't wait until it is done. An AG3 has been done before though but I guess there are always different ways to do the same thing.

2. Post #42
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Cool to see a kino. Can't wait until it is done. An AG3 has been done before though but I guess there are always different ways to do the same thing.
    The other AG-3 that has been done isn't as good as the one Madman07 made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2007
    836 Posts

awseome.. dont forget sensors like temp atmosphere dark or light etc.. and the ability to view though the camera as your flying around:-) meaning we see what it sees as we head though the gate to other plants :-) just a suggestion..

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    I changed my decision :) Here: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....4#post22514934 u have some info and vid:

That is... omg.
    Do need a camera on the thing though.

Edited:

awseome.. dont forget sensors like temp atmosphere dark or light etc.. and the ability to view though the camera as your flying around:-) meaning we see what it sees as we head though the gate to other plants :-) just a suggestion..
    He did not make it, watch the video again.

5. Post #45
    February 2009
    111 Posts
    If it was like that.. wouldn't you be able to build your own in GMod?
    Eh, yes. i have build several out of phx props and truster. but avon is making a fully controlable malp, its a litte more complex.

6. Post #46
    June 2008
    28 Posts
    Random idea!

Maybe we could have that time loop device, y'know, the one in Window of Opportunity? Yeah, that would be awesome.

But, you could choose the time limit. Once up, the machine activates, taking time back to where you were when you initiated the loop.

Okay, kinda stupid idea. But I think it would be cool to be set in a time loop. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    Random idea!

Maybe we could have that time loop device, y'know, the one in Window of Opportunity? Yeah, that would be awesome.

But, it would have to loop time every XX minutes, not hours.

Okay, kinda stupid idea. But I think it would be cool to be set in a time loop. :3
    Reason it won't happen: Same reason travelling animations etc. won't happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Anyone knows how to do in LUA own camera and display view from it on some model?

9. Post #49
    June 2008
    28 Posts
    Reason it won't happen: Same reason travelling animations etc. won't happen.
    Oh?

Oh.

Damn. Eh, was worth mentioning. :P

10. Post #50
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    I changed my decision :) Here: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....4#post22514934 u have some info and vid:

Looks EPICPWNZOR. Locutus wrote the ideas I would like to have, but also add a nice animated menu to the remote too!
    Oh and before I forget: WHAT IS DA MUSIK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    June 2008
    28 Posts
    Damn... music sounds strangely familiar.

What the hell. o.o

12. Post #52
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    Looks EPICPWNZOR. Locutus wrote the ideas I would like to have, but also add a nice animated menu to the remote too!
    Oh and before I forget: WHAT IS DA MUSIK?
    Agreed. I am just hoping that every time you fire (make the Kino move) that there is a firing animation (maybe pressing some buttons...?) As well as camera idea, that was already mentioned by Loctus...

13. Post #53
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    Damn... music sounds strangely familiar.

What the hell. o.o
    I think it is X-ray Dogs, but I'm not sure...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    I am just hoping that every time you fire (make the Kino move) that there is a firing animation (maybe pressing some buttons...?)
    That would be my department. I'll try adding some animations when I have time.

15. Post #55
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    Agreed. I am just hoping that every time you fire (make the Kino move) that there is a firing animation (maybe pressing some buttons...?) As well as camera idea, that was already mentioned by Loctus...
    And an animation what is the hands, holding the remote to your face, you froze, and you can control the kino with WASD, switch between functions by clicking on the buttons (mouse enabled, Lua overlay for catching clicks) so you can have much more (like gate adresses, etcetera).

16. Post #56
    June 2008
    28 Posts
    You need to be able to play Halo on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    January 2008
    250 Posts
    I'd like to see some Ancient communication stones in GMod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    You need to be able to play Halo on it.
    ^this, definitely

19. Post #59
    November 2007
    390 Posts
    What possible use could the communication stones have in gmod...

20. Post #60
    May 2009
    1,043 Posts
    Exchange control between two players for some random reason?

21. Post #61
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    Exchange control between two players for some random reason?
    And of course, control too. Like you swap with an admin - you became the admin, and he becomes the usual player or whatever you were.

Giving admin powa for anyone without the need of a GUI :D

22. Post #62
    February 2009
    132 Posts
    My brother has been attempting to make some in the past month or so. They seem a bit of a novelty to me, especially considering they are never working properly.
    Of course, I don't know how they would feel if they were finished, worked all the time, and required less fiddling around trying to fit a tiny stone onto a not-much-bigger tablet. (He went for the Tau'ri design)

Also, I too would like to know what the music is in the kino video.

23. Post #63

March 2010
    363 Posts
    has anyone had the idea of makeing ring transporters have xyz inputs that the rings will go to before transporting?

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    has anyone had the idea of makeing ring transporters have xyz inputs that the rings will go to before transporting?
    What's the point of that, when you got the Asgard beam tech?

25. Post #65

March 2010
    363 Posts
    What's the point of that, when you got the Asgard beam tech?
    theres a problem with spawning asgard transporters in multiplayer you can only dupe them. plus rings seem to beable to do that in the show.

edit:clarified

26. Post #66

October 2007
    9 Posts
    Is it possible to disable the stargate's interface ?
    (When we press E, there is nothing on the screen)

27. Post #67
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    OMG. I hate that cliffhanger. Atleast it was epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #68
    June 2007
    836 Posts
    Anyone knows how to do in LUA own camera and display view from it on some model?
    ive got the lua from the ep2 chip i mentioned ill send it to your email

Edited:

you could make it poses someone..like in the show.. you take a stone place it etc and you swap bodies.. i dunno would be cool for multiplayer if you saw someone with a really cool npc you wanted to take control of or a minge to go get him killed lol

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Omg!!!

What a stupid cliffhanger!!

(but it was epic)
    What cliffhanger? sorry for my stupidity....

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,717 Posts
    Cliffhanger for Incursion Pt. II I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    August 2009
    167 Posts
    so aVoN when do you think you might start working on coding that brand new gate you have :ohdear:

32. Post #72
    July 2008
    123 Posts
    so aVoN when do you think you might start working on coding that brand new gate you have :ohdear:
    I have lost my illusions. I've been waiting rev 45 since more than two years now and we have no more news from avon. the mod is dead at rev 44.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    Agreed. I believe this is unfortunatly dead. Now it is up to the community to continue in his footsteps...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    August 2009
    167 Posts
    Agreed. I believe this is unfortunatly dead. Now it is up to the community to continue in his footsteps...
    aVoN has thesniper9's SGU gate model, and I was asking when he might start coding it because I know that when he starts coding it he will also add it to the SVN xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,717 Posts
    Your jokes, I laugh at them.

36. Post #76
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    I am trying to get back into modelling. Anything small from Stargate that someone would like me to make? I have already done a small torch from SGU that is, at the moment, textured (badly) and not yet in-game...

37. Post #77
    October 2008
    128 Posts
    if this addon is dead, why did aVoN bother to make a new official thread? You would think that if he'd given up on the addon he wouldn't make a new official thread, as there would be no need for "officially" discussing it. would just leave it at the old one, as that would still have the links to the svn and such. We have heard of progress being made, too. Just be patient.

Personally I'm not going to give up faith on this project unless aVoN himself tells us that he is not longer working on it.

Thankyou and Goodnight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    January 2008
    250 Posts
    Deleted. >:(

39. Post #79
    October 2007
    410 Posts
    if this addon is dead, why did aVoN bother to make a new official thread? You would think that if he'd given up on the addon he wouldn't make a new official thread, as there would be no need for "officially" discussing it. would just leave it at the old one, as that would still have the links to the svn and such. We have heard of progress being made, too. Just be patient.

Personally I'm not going to give up faith on this project unless aVoN himself tells us that he is not longer working on it.

Thankyou and Goodnight
    Mainly because it's a thin pretense to keep the mod going. Avon's got real life hammering him these days so to be fair he can't devote much time to the mod now. So by having him hosting an official thread still, it means people looking for info on the final mod release can come here and get help.

I've pretty much given up on this project myself, the best way to treat avon's SG mod now is as a basic template for other gate mods like the SGU gate and the infinity gate, catdaemon develops his own addons all the time so additional weapons, transporters, rings, etc are always being developed.

40. Post #80
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    I believe it is up to the community now to create things they want. Not just relying on one person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)