1. Post #81
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    What cliffhanger? sorry for my stupidity....
    Incursion, Part 2. do you even watch SGU?

I am trying to get back into modelling. Anything small from Stargate that someone would like me to make? I have already done a small torch from SGU that is, at the moment, textured (badly) and not yet in-game...
    do you model weapons too?

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    What are you guys talking about, where the fuck did this just come from, all is fine, avon is still working on this, but he has other projects that are far more interesting than this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    February 2009
    132 Posts
    As for physics clipping, look at these:
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=585
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=592

This would work for the event-horizon model clipping, no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Incursion, Part 2. do you even watch SGU?

Of course I watch SGU, but that episode wasn't out at the time I wrote that (except the german one)

5. Post #85
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    I can. But could you keep it basic? And are you requireing a world model or a view model?

6. Post #86
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    I can. But could you keep it basic? And are you requireing a world model or a view model?
    Always Both. And i don't require them because I really really suck at coding. but maybe madman is going to code them for his stargate weapons pack.

I don't know what is easy to model, so choose:
    Eurodan Sidearm
    Vanir Plasma Pistol
    Ori Stunner
    Weapons of the Serrakin
    Wraith Handblaster
    Wraith Spear Gun
    Wraith Stunner Rifle
    X-699

Edited:

Of course I watch SGU, but that episode wasn't out at the time I wrote that (except the german one)
    well i watched the german one

7. Post #87
    July 2008
    793 Posts
    As for physics clipping, look at these:
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=585
    http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=592

This would work for the event-horizon model clipping, no?
    Potentially, but it'd be buggy as hell in its current form.

8. Post #88
    January 2008
    127 Posts
    Long time since I have posted, SGU is great but not like SG-1 and Atlantis. As for new rev, bet it will be great. Avon's work is of superior quality and I can wait for quality.
    I have tried to get model clipping to work like I wanted but started to give up, good luck on that front.
    By the way, can't wait for the garrysmod update coming with it's mac release. Hope they fixed those long pestering bugs like the lua table overflow etc.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,727 Posts
    Argh
    (Major) Inc. Pt. II Spoilers
       They killed off the way we tracked the time flow in the series, T.J.s baby :frown: Now we don't know when the series'll turn in to year 2010   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    And of course the English one, and the Russian/Ukrainian one (got ot for more than a month now).

11. Post #91
    Gold Member

July 2006
    2,475 Posts
    And of course the English one, and the Russian/Ukrainian one (got ot for more than a month now).
    The english one was released just after he posted that message (16 hours ago).

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    The english one was released just after he posted that message (16 hours ago).
    Came out around 15 hours ago... so yeah, after I posted that message.

13. Post #93
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    long time since i have posted, sgu is great but not like sg-1 and atlantis. As for new rev, bet it will be great. Avon's work is of superior quality and i can wait for quality.
    I have tried to get model clipping to work like i wanted but started to give up, good luck on that front.
    By the way, can't wait for the garrysmod update coming with it's mac release. Hope they fixed those long pestering bugs like the lua table overflow etc.
    omg it's lifecell!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    omg it's lifecell!!!
    So?:colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    So????? THIS IS LIFECELL!!! (kicks to dumb pit)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Again...... So? :colbert: I know that he got some awesome work, but come on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    Energy gates, supergate.

18. Post #98
    February 2009
    132 Posts
    Before everyone starts flaming this (now disappeared) guy, can I add that all his posts are exactly the same, on different threads. So can we just ignore him and get on with the thread please.

As for richy's weapons proposals, I would most like to see some of the wraith stunners, but I appreciate that the 'organic' nature of said weapons doesn't make for easy modelling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    Before everyone starts flaming this guy, can I add that all his posts are exactly the same, on different threads. So can we just ignore him and get on with the thread please.

As for richy's weapons proposals, I would most like to see some of the wraith stunners, but I appreciate that the 'organic' nature of said weapons doesn't make for easy modelling.
    You know, reporting him is all that is needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #100
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    Before everyone starts flaming this (now disappeared) guy, can I add that all his posts are exactly the same, on different threads. So can we just ignore him and get on with the thread please.

Wait i didn't get it. Who are you talking about?

Common it's lifecell! he made some real awesome work. :sigh: i give up. rate my comment dumb..

Not this comment you *... that one up there! i'm not denzine!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #101
    February 2009
    132 Posts
    There was a guy who posted a considerably long post meant to enrage people, and now it has gone, which is good.

22. Post #102
    April 2008
    708 Posts
    The AG3 weapon satellites are fun to play with but they're a bit odd. I spawned three of them and had them attack the same target. Only one of them fired and the beam was super long. :sweatdrop:
    I was expecting three seperate beams...

23. Post #103
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Wait for my release, it's gonna be cool ;]

24. Post #104
    April 2008
    708 Posts
    Looking forward to it! Are you going to change the beam effects or just leave them as-is? I don't have too much of an issue with the current beam, it just looks...weak, I guess.

25. Post #105
    June 2007
    836 Posts
    did you get my email for the kino code i sent? did you have time to fly it? its pretty awsome huh

26. Post #106
    March 2008
    4 Posts
    The AG3 weapon satellites are fun to play with but they're a bit odd. I spawned three of them and had them attack the same target. Only one of them fired and the beam was super long. :sweatdrop:
    I was expecting three seperate beams...
    i think they merge their power together into one beam

27. Post #107
    April 2008
    708 Posts
    i think they merge their power together into one beam
    Yeah, but they don't visually combine beams. The beams just sort of warp around to the third satellite before firing.

28. Post #108
    February 2009
    27 Posts
    Hi are gates supposed to be destructible now because on a map with gate spanners if i dial a gate the ring and sometimes the puddle will disappear this is what i see with an active gate

29. Post #109
    Known to all as "ARitz Cracker"
    March 2009
    2,463 Posts
    Thats a cool SG ramp :O

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,727 Posts
    Yeah, but they don't visually combine beams. The beams just sort of warp around to the third satellite before firing.
    Works for me, don't know what's with your beams.

Edited:

Thats a cool SG ramp :O
    Looks more like the ramp of the place where the X-51 or whatever that Ori Bug was, was "tested" or the place where they built the Planet-Wide ARS (Anti-Replicator Satellite)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Works for me, don't know what's with your beams.

Edited:

Looks more like the ramp of the place where the X-51 or whatever that Ori Bug was, was "tested" or the place where they built the Planet-Wide ARS (Anti-Replicator Satellite)
    It's the alpha site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    Hi are gates supposed to be destructible now because on a map with gate spanners if i dial a gate the ring and sometimes the puddle will disappear this is what i see with an active gate

Try to update your wiremod to the latest svn version

33. Post #113
    January 2008
    127 Posts

Common it's lifecell! he made some real awesome work. :sigh: i give up. rate my comment dumb..

Not this comment you *... that one up there! i'm not denzine!
    Really, this all for me? On the stargate thread, Wow!
    lol.
    I actually created a addon called Alienate Vehicles (Was Air vehicles, renamed because sakaris named his vehicle "Air Vehicles"). Still working on it, though.
    As for the supergate, It's not that cool. The real credits goes to Avon for the Stargate addon that made it possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    What map is it?

35. Post #115

36. Post #116
    June 2008
    28 Posts
    Damn, can't FP change the max length for threads?

37. Post #117
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    Really, this all for me? On the stargate thread, Wow!
    lol.
    I actually created a addon called Alienate Vehicles (Was Air vehicles, renamed because sakaris named his vehicle "Air Vehicles"). Still working on it, though.
    As for the supergate, It's not that cool. The real credits goes to Avon for the Stargate addon that made it possible.
    FP-Thread for your vehicles?

38. Post #118
    January 2009
    80 Posts
    Hey everyone!

I made a new eventhorizon for the universe gate.
    I think it's better then the other one.

Here is a pic about it:

You can download it too:

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    Hey everyone!

I made a new eventhorizon for the universe gate.
    I think it's better then the other one.

Here is a pic about it:

You can download it too:
    Why is it grey

40. Post #120
    January 2009
    160 Posts
    It is a bluish-grey in Universe. Although that could be because the show is too cheap for good lighting. It also doesn't help to have the power go off almost every episode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)