1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    A couple of things from me:

1) What features do you want in the DeathGlider?
    2) Can someone make a HUD texture for the DeathGlider(Like Jumper's)?
    3) Can someone make a HUD texture for the F302(Like Jumper's)?

Edited:

Also for aVoN, this might be helpful for the model clipping: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=955089

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    A couple of things from me:

1) What features do you want in the DeathGlider?
    2) Can someone make a HUD texture for the DeathGlider(Like Jumper's)?
    3) Can someone make a HUD texture for the F302(Like Jumper's)?

Edited:

Also for aVoN, this might be helpful for the model clipping: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=955089
    Staff cannons, obviously. Supersonic flight, ejection seat?... speakers?

3. Post #163

February 2009
    663 Posts
    or use an always the dsam e ip in german it means dynamische ip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,785 Posts
    Model clipping looks awesome.

5. Post #165

February 2009
    663 Posts
    deathglider::::

Need 2 staffwwepanons with wire nput like x y z

no hover

better sounds damage sytem

and last i hope rings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    Staff cannons, obviously. Supersonic flight, ejection seat?... speakers?
    What do you mean by Speakers? Sounds?

7. Post #167

February 2009
    663 Posts
    like fly sounds and better staffweapoin sounds

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    What do you mean by Speakers? Sounds?
    Yeah.. something like that... for .. idk.. rp reasons?.. Taunting the enemy.

9. Post #169
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    No eject seat. Jaffa prefer to die in name of their god. I think normal thing, staff, superspeed, damage system. Nothing more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    August 2008
    494 Posts
    I would like to point people to this newly released tool: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=955089

As far as I understand, our current modelclipping is only visual: The model appears to disappear as it passes through the EH, but the entire prop has to be nocollided-to-all in order to complete the illusion. No longer, however! Apparently, it is now possible to cut physics models along a plane. The applications are limitless. Though it does require, like our current modelclipping, an additional module.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

11. Post #171
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    No eject seat. Jaffa prefer to die in name of their god. I think normal thing, staff, superspeed, damage system. Nothing more.
    Do not forget close-able wings and ring. (For reference watch Children of the Gods)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    Do not forget close-able wings and ring. (For reference watch Children of the Gods)
    The closable wings are restricted by the model and isn't it the bigger bigger goa'uld ships that have rings on the bottom not deathgliders?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #173
    January 2009
    518 Posts
    The closable wings are restricted by the model and isn't it the bigger bigger goa'uld ships that have rings on the bottom not deathgliders?
    Yeah, I have never seen the deathglider having rings on the bottom of them. Thinking about that, where would it fit?

14. Post #174

September 2009
    64 Posts
    isn't it the bigger bigger goa'uld ships that have rings on the bottom not deathgliders?
    The pilot episode (before the re-master) showed Apophis' personal transport look like it was part Cargo Ship/part Death Glider. The wings could retract when not fighting (making it look like a mix between Death Glider and Cargo Ship) and extend out when it fought (looking more like a Death Glider).

In the re-mastered version of the pilot, they made Apophis' personal ship a Cargo Ship and added 2 Death Gliders so there was no "in-between" odd ship in the shot.

If I remember it all correctly, that is. :)

15. Post #175

February 2009
    663 Posts
    in the ci9nema clpip od stargate the ngleider from ra has an ringtransporter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,739 Posts
    What? English please?
    Yes, Ra's ship had Ring Transporters on Abydos.

17. Post #177
    March 2009
    907 Posts

And what if you clip the wings? So they aren't really retracted, but instead removed when they "slide" back.

18. Post #178
    June 2009
    36 Posts
    I would like to point people to this newly released tool: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=955089

As far as I understand, our current modelclipping is only visual: The model appears to disappear as it passes through the EH, but the entire prop has to be nocollided-to-all in order to complete the illusion. No longer, however! Apparently, it is now possible to cut physics models along a plane. The applications are limitless. Though it does require, like our current modelclipping, an additional module.

This is awesome, although i can see it being super laggy when combined with the staragte.

19. Post #179
    March 2008
    4 Posts
    I think i saw them drop a ring platform from the bottom of a glider in one episode, but it would be pointless for them to teleport anything to the glider.

About the model clipping, avon has probably already thought about it but, theres no point in making smaller things like wire gates, thrusters etc clip.
    Could cut down on lag, if there is any.

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,645 Posts
    I think i saw them drop a ring platform from the bottom of a glider in one episode, but it would be pointless for them to teleport anything to the glider.
    That was the pilot. The ring-glider was never seen again and was replaced by a cargo ship in the remastered version of CotG, so I'm gonna call it non-canon.

21. Post #181
    October 2009
    195 Posts
    That was the pilot. The ring-glider was never seen again and was replaced by a cargo ship in the remastered version of CotG, so I'm gonna call it non-canon.
    That, sir, is a good call.

22. Post #182
    October 2009
    497 Posts
    So, now here is the solution. I hope that only a few days or one or two weeks but Rev 45(47) come ouuuuut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,739 Posts
    Argh, seriously, come on, the fuck is with all these stupid questions? As much as I'd love to answer the questions at SGWQ&A, the questions are mostly just so stupid :smith:

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,449 Posts
    So, now here is the solution. I hope that only a few days or one or two weeks but Rev 45(47) come ouuuuut.
    If gm_queryphys gets implented into gmod by default I'm sure aVoN will use it to add physical clipping to the gates and that would take a while I guess.

25. Post #185

April 2010
    41 Posts
    Hey i know that this is stupid question but how i can change the staffweapons power? coz some month ago i changed it too strong and now i forgot how to edit it again can someone plz answer?

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    Hey i know that this is stupid question but how i can change the staffweapons power? coz some month ago i changed it too strong and now i forgot how to edit it again can someone plz answer?
    user config

27. Post #187
    January 2008
    250 Posts
    Have you guys played Star Wars Saga? How awesome would it be to have a Stargate version of that... *drool*

28. Post #188
    April 2010
    151 Posts
    Link?

29. Post #189
    February 2010
    17 Posts
    Have you guys played Star Wars Saga? How awesome would it be to have a Stargate version of that... *drool*
    Hell ya i was thinking about that the other day

30. Post #190

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,754 Posts
    I'm not blind. Got this spammed in PMs about 15 times after I found this thread a few days ago by my own - quite soon after it got created.
    Still I see a problem with this since it would need me to change model clipping dynamically and continuously which means heavy CPU load. Also it needs every client to have it installed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    October 2008
    128 Posts
    I'm not blind. Got this spammed in PMs about 15 times after I found this thread a few days ago by my own - quite soon after it got created.
    Still I see a problem with this since it would need me to change model clipping dynamically and continuously which means heavy CPU load. Also it needs every client to have it installed.
    I'm also curious if the clipping can even be undone. In my experiments the clipping seems permanent. Plus can it be done procedurally?

33. Post #193
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    well judgeing by the clipping avon did, making it invisible and nocliped to everything (including the world for obvious reasons)would be a better idea since he has already worked quite a bit to be half way done and it seems like less work for busy avon. also i was thinking about a possible short tid bit of a repeted travel animation for those noobs who would stand half way in the event horizon. think about it would better rather to see a quik travel animation bit when you walk through instead of the wall behind the gate. this may or may not be possible. the reason why we couldnt have one before was because: "where would the player go" - aVoN since the player wouldnt be "teleported" to an area, watchng the animation, then come out again, this is possible. its only a little thing so your dont get the unrealistic feeling of walking through and seeing whats behind the gate for 1 second. just a thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    well judgeing by the clipping avon did, making it invisible and nocliped to everything (including the world for obvious reasons)would be a better idea since he has already worked quite a bit to be half way done and it seems like less work for busy avon. also i was thinking about a possible short tid bit of a repeted travel animation for those noobs who would stand half way in the event horizon. think about it would better rather to see a quik travel animation bit when you walk through instead of the wall behind the gate. this may or may not be possible. the reason why we couldnt have one before was because: "where would the player go" - aVoN since the player wouldnt be "teleported" to an area, watchng the animation, then come out again, this is possible. its only a little thing so your dont get the unrealistic feeling of walking through and seeing whats behind the gate for 1 second. just a thought.
    1) NO TRAVELING ANIMATION(tired of that)
    2) Your suggestion doesn't seem very good.
    3) If there was that silly traveling animation, how would you guide your puddle jumper through the gate if you were blind?
    Argh, seriously, come on, the fuck is with all these stupid questions? As much as I'd love to answer the questions at SGWQ&A, the questions are mostly just so stupid :smith:
    how does one person ask so many questions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    October 2009
    497 Posts
    aVoN posted:
    If we have to install it then we install it because model clipping is amazing and fantastic. So I think everybody will install it if they have to for model clipping

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,754 Posts
    I'm also curious if the clipping can even be undone. In my experiments the clipping seems permanent. Plus can it be done procedurally?
    That's what I'm concerned about. I guess, it'll take much CPU doing this procedurally.

37. Post #197
    April 2009
    95 Posts
    That's what I'm concerned about. I guess, it'll take much CPU doing this procedurally.
    maybe only apply model clipping when a prop has stopped while going through the gate?

Then you could apply it, and remove it if the object started to move again?

38. Post #198
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    maybe only apply model clipping when a prop has stopped while going through the gate?

Then you could apply it, and remove it if the object started to move again?
    So if u going with puddle jumper trough gate, and both gates stand near some wall, then u will stuck in wall? ;p

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,785 Posts
    -snip-

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,328 Posts
    I'm getting this error with the cloak and shield about NoCollide.

Code:
    addons\stargate\lua\entities\shield\init.lua:195: attempt to index field 'NoCollide' (a function value)
    addons\stargate\lua\entities\shield\init.lua:133: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got function)