1. Post #201
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    1) NO TRAVELING ANIMATION(tired of that)
    2) Your suggestion doesn't seem very good.
    3) If there was that silly traveling animation, how would you guide your puddle jumper through the gate if you were blind?

how does one person ask so many questions?
    ok maybe you didnt understand correctly. im no noob who came here and ws leik "omg we nEeDs TRAvleanimationZ!" i have been with this stargate thread with my older acount since i think about somewhere neer the 20th revision. i know the reason why avon thought it not possible and its completley logical. but what im saying is it would be better to see a quik swurl then the wall behind the gate. with the puddle jumper thing,thats why you go into outside view when your going through the gate. how are you supposed to fly your jumper looking at the wall behind the gate, same way with animation. im not saying you go through the gate, wait ten seconds, then come back out, only for the breif half second while it waits for your full body to go through. so dont come in, see the word travel animation, and shit on the post. read it thoroughly, then say what you think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    Here's a couple of images, i've taken of the Stargate Vehicle pack i'm making:

Aurora

Features:
    Shield
    Drones
    Hyperspace

Destiny Shuttle

Features:
    Passenger Seats
    Shields

Death Glider

Features:
    Staff Weapons
    Roll

F302

Features:
    Missiles
    Turrets
    Roll
    Supersonic Speed
    Fuel System

Jumper

Features:
    Engine Pods
    Drones
    Cloak
    First Person
    Roll
    Gibbed Explosion
    Solid Door
    DHD
    HUD
    Flashlights

All vehicles now use aVoN's keybinder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    nice stuff there ronon, keep us updated :)

4. Post #204

February 2009
    663 Posts
    make wepaons for the shuttle please

5. Post #205
    October 2009
    497 Posts
    hey ronon do you want make passenger seats for puddle jumper

6. Post #206
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    Here's a couple of images, i've taken of the Stargate Vehicle pack i'm making:
    http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...tgrass0031.jpg

Aurora
    http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...tgrass0036.jpg
    Features:
    Shield
    Drones
    Hyperspace

Destiny Shuttle
    http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...tgrass0035.jpg
    Features:
    Passenger Seats
    Shields

Death Glider
    http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...tgrass0034.jpg
    Features:
    Staff Weapons
    Roll

F302
    http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...tgrass0033.jpg
    Features:
    Missiles
    Turrets
    Roll
    Supersonic Speed
    Fuel System

Jumper
    http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...tgrass0032.jpg
    Features:
    Engine Pods
    Drones
    Cloak
    First Person
    Roll
    Gibbed Explosion
    Solid Door
    DHD
    HUD
    Flashlights

All vehicles now use aVoN's keybinder
    wow Ronan those look great! any estimated release date?

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    wow Ronan those look great! any estimated release date?
    Summer 2010 is all i can say at the moment

8. Post #208
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    well i be sure to look out ofr them, to bad someone tried stealing em and uploading them to gmod.org. boy was colshepard pissed. p.s. what do you think about my short travleanimation tidbit idea? i know its going to get a lot of shit from people but i thought it was intresting.

9. Post #209
    December 2009
    9 Posts
    Does anyone know how to alter the Stargate spawner.lua file to add the Ori rings and Ori panel? I know how to add and delete things from standard *.lua files but editing this file has stumped me.

10. Post #210
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    since the sg mod is seperate than stargate mod there may be some different code. plus, ori rings are not made to interact with normal rings. i would ask alex in his thread about it. if you cant contact him ill tell him over steam.

11. Post #211
    December 2009
    9 Posts
    since the sg mod is seperate than stargate mod there may be some different code. plus, ori rings are not made to interact with normal rings. i would ask alex in his thread about it. if you cant contact him ill tell him over steam.
    ok thank you.

12. Post #212
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Ronon Dex, about aurora and hyperspace. What purpose and how will u do that? Cuz i can do same thing for daedalus. Also, on my HDD i have some basic code for wraith dart (much better than catdaemon's one) so i can try to code it, but after kino, daedalus and weapons (ow ag-3, tollana and fix for ori maybe will be released in next week).

13. Post #213

February 2009
    663 Posts
    cool when do you thing is rev 20 from your bc-304 ready with shielkds??

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    Ronon Dex, about aurora and hyperspace. What purpose and how will u do that? Cuz i can do same thing for daedalus. Also, on my HDD i have some basic code for wraith dart (much better than catdaemon's one) so i can try to code it, but after kino, daedalus and weapons (ow ag-3, tollana and fix for ori maybe will be released in next week).
    I have my wraith dart stashed some where in my HDD so don't worry. I made the hyperspace because the aurora didn't seem to have alot of features. It works with wire mainly, i'm thinking about though putting the ship out of bounds for X amount of seconds(depending on distance) when travelling.

15. Post #215
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I have my wraith dart stashed some where in my HDD so don't worry. I made the hyperspace because the aurora didn't seem to have alot of features. It works with wire mainly, i'm thinking about though putting the ship out of bounds for X amount of seconds(depending on distance) when travelling.
    I thought about same thing. Cloack whole ship (+phase shifting), or put it somewhere out map (its possible?), add hyperspace animation and enjoy :) What with shield? Will u use avon's one or something else? If u want, we can work together on that and then put all ships in one pack, would be nice.

16. Post #216
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    madman im not nearly as smart as you and ronan but i think the hyperspace animation would be in the same situation as the traveling afect (notice how i said effect instead of animation, animation you see, effect 3demensionally around you or infront of you)because if you get teleported outside of the map, you wont see anything except possibly the inside of the bridge nothing more, and effect outside the window would most likeley be black to. but cloacking and nocliding may work. and you could make an animation effect using something like the time vortex in the dr.who pack, just animated and bigger (and of coarse invisible on the outside) just a thought.

17. Post #217
    May 2010
    127 Posts
    This Addon is causing some minor bugs in these TF2 addons.
    Examples include medi gun doesn't work get error spammed "stargate/shared/lib.lua:35: attempt to index upvalue 's' (a number value)"

and some other very small problems.

The creator has given up on trying to fix it *Or won't fix it* (I think he doesn't like stargate)
    Well I was wondering if any of you LUA coders would let me know how to fix it.

Threads:

TF2 SWEPs
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=614926

TF2 buildings
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=11624903

18. Post #218
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    Here's a couple of images, i've taken of the Stargate Vehicle pack i'm making.
    Hey Ronon I was working on this a while ago. I havnt had time to work on it because I been pretty busy and when I have time I just work on the Daedalus. I can send you what I have so far, it needs textures and rendering and all that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Peru Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    September 2008
    53 Posts
    Sorry if this is not the right place but as my question involves a file associated with Stargate i thought i would ask here.

I started a SB3 Gamemode and when it hit "q" for the menu i get the message:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'OnSpawnMenuClose' Failed: lua\stargate\vgui\skeyboardkey.lua:192: attempt to call field '__OnSpawnMenuClose' (a nil value)

CAn anyone help me? like i said if its in the wrong place sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Ronon.... I bloody love you :biggrin:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    April 2009
    221 Posts
    Too bad he's mine. :)
    But seriously, good work on the pack so far, I can't wait until release. :)
    Have the shuttle and Aurora got interiors?

22. Post #222
    July 2008
    793 Posts
    Careful with this. Some maps, spacebuild maps especially, will epic crash if you go beyond the borders.

Its down to map size, SB maps use all available space, so out of bounds is outside hammer engine, which kindly tells your game to GTFO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #223
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    They have, but they don't have any details.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,848 Posts
    They do

Edited:

Hey Ronon I was working on this a while ago. I havnt had time to work on it because I been pretty busy and when I have time I just work on the Daedalus. I can send you what I have so far, it needs textures and rendering and all that.
    No need to rush, i've got a fair bit of work to do with the shuttle and hyperspace anyway

25. Post #225

April 2010
    41 Posts
    Hey i know this is off topic but can someone say where are good LUA tuts coz i wanna start making this stargate stuff for gmod too.

26. Post #226
    October 2009
    497 Posts
    Try this: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Lua_Tutorial_Series
    I am learning from this

27. Post #227
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I learned lua from ronon's puddlejumper code :) But i know VisualBasic and some kinds of C so it was preety easy for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    I learned lua from ronon's puddlejumper code :) But i know VisualBasic and some kinds of C so it was preety easy for me.
    I learned lua by reading avon's and ronon's codes, too

Edited:

But i didn't know anything about C or visual basic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #229

April 2010
    41 Posts
    So i should read all of the links?

coz i know nothing about c,c++,LUA,python, nothing.

30. Post #230
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    try with visual basic. its the easiest of them.i started the first tutorial but was like "what the fuck does that mean" of coarse i was 11 at the time so :P i just cant wait for the aroura. Along with the deadulus, prometheus, and hatack, we should see more giant space battles. along with human vs replicator battles.

31. Post #231

April 2010
    41 Posts
    I dont understand WHERE i try WHAT with visual basic?

im 12 :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    January 2009
    518 Posts
    aVoN, you should add one more reason, why there will be no travel animation.

Maybe in series they did SHOW the anim, but if Stargate was real, the person travelling wouldn't see it. And the player, IS the person traveling.

So Jeo, no. That would go farther FROM the series Stargate, rather than closer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    aVoN, you should add one more reason, why there will be no travel animation.

Maybe in series they did SHOW the anim, but if Stargate was real, the person travelling wouldn't see it. And the player, IS the person traveling.

So Jeo, no. That would go farther FROM the series Stargate, rather than closer.
    ok let me explain this ONE MORE TIME. what would you rather see when walking through the gate? the wall behind the gate or the rest of the map or a quik shimmer of a swirly wormhole vortex? i thought people would hate walking through and see a wall in their face. dont always quote the show. as for one, the stargates could only dial other planets yet i can dial a gate standing right next to the inbound one. think about thie implement to garrysmod before you start quoting the series.

p.s. in the stargate movie daniel jackson was able to see the travel vortex 9vortex is my new favorite word) before he was demalekualized and sent to abydos and same with the ark of truth in the super gate.

I dont understand WHERE i try WHAT with visual basic?

im 12 :P
    i was 11 when i started and understand most of it, dont worry if you really want to code there are plenty of places to start. i also tried learning by using a vic 20. didnt go very well :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #234

April 2010
    41 Posts
    I still dont understand... where shouldi start than?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    I still dont understand... where shouldi start than?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+should+I+...omputer+Coding

I dont know how simpler I can get. after you shoose wish one you want (basic, C, C++) then move onto Lua. it wont be a "watch a video then i know everything" type of thing. it will take time and effort. one reason why I decided to leave it to the experts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    234 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

37. Post #237
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    SOKAR! I havnt seen you in a while. and those ships look awesome. nice little covie ship under that planet :) is this going to be in a pack or something?

38. Post #238
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Those are awesome! Do they have interiors ?

39. Post #239
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Awesome Sokar
    Didn't hear anything from you

40. Post #240
    Jeo
    June 2010
    206 Posts
    the deadulus looks like it does from here. the textures look like they could use some help but i shouldnt be the one to talk :).

Edited:

Ninja'd!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)