1. Post #3041
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,778 Posts
    Does anyone remember my stargate reskin?

I can't find it anymore, and I would like it back :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #3042
    January 2011
    229 Posts
    True story bro, me same :D
    And me too.
    "Wow stargates in a game, that will be cool!"
    And then I ended up in Avon's server, where I learned a lot about gmod.
    Good times!

Edited:

@Madman07 Where you also playing in that server? I remember a Madman with a black coloured base with a stargate in it.

3. Post #3043
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I played some time with cracked gmod. Then i bought legal one as i had problems wth avon pack. Later, I ended with "Wtf, there's no railgun? I will make one!" And preety much CAP started like that.
    I play online one day in a year :D But recently Im playing here: 109.169.29.211:27015
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #3044
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    ....Later, I ended with "Wtf, there's no railgun? I will make one!" And preety much CAP started like that.
    Funny, I started because votekick left.

5. Post #3045

October 2011
    3 Posts
    Please help im having this issue where when i try to download the svn it sometimes downloads a file or 2 but it says the svn has been locked.

6. Post #3046

March 2012
    29 Posts
    I'm having trouble with stargates, if i spawn a stargate on a map then save it the stargate won't dial, the dhd will light up but nothing will happen, if i was dialing a pre-spawned stargate from a spawned stargate the prespawned will be called and will open but spawned won't, is there a updateor something to fix this bug?

7. Post #3047
    February 2009
    132 Posts
    @DJ Goo & Gmod 101
    Both your problems will most likely be solved by downloading the Stargate Carter Addon Pack instead, which contains all the content from aVoN's pack (this) and more, all in (mostly) working order.

Also while I'm here I'd like to thank aVoN for creating this addon, seeing as it is what has kept me playing gmod, and made me start watching Stargate in the first place - which I went on to become a die-hard fan of. So once again, my heartfelt thanks to you and the other contributors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #3048

March 2012
    29 Posts
    Yes, thanks aVoN your addon is what made me play gmod and keeps me playing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3049

March 2012
    29 Posts
    @Link320
    I have Mckay's stargate pack and aVoN's stargate pack, would that cause the problem?

10. Post #3050
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    As long as you've got also Carter Pack, then yes.

11. Post #3051

March 2012
    29 Posts
    The stargates work when i spawn them onto a map, but if i spawn and save then load the save i get the bug

12. Post #3052
    January 2012
    42 Posts
    The stargates work when i spawn them onto a map, but if i spawn and save then load the save i get the bug
    u cant just save stargates, u need to generate your own gatespawner file by ether writing command stargate_creategatespawner_file in console or press the create gatespawner button in convar if u got CAP. then u need to load the map with the gatespawner file in place

13. Post #3053

March 2012
    29 Posts
    u cant just save stargates, u need to generate your own gatespawner file by ether writing command stargate_creategatespawner_file in console or press the create gatespawner button in convar if u got CAP. then u need to load the map with the gatespawner file in place
    is that how it works with maps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #3054
    January 2012
    42 Posts
    OMFG that is such a unnecessary question
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #3055
    November 2009
    78 Posts
    The save function in Garrysmod should basically never be used. For maps that are already known by CAP there is a gatespawner file (in either garrysmod\addons\cap\data\stargate\gatespawner_map s or gatespawner_group_maps) that defines the preexisting gates, rings, ramps, etc. Other maps sometimes come with gatespawner files and there are packs of them available on garrysmod.org to download, though some of those may not work as the gatespawner file format was changed recently in CAP.

There is an option to make your own gatespawner file either through the console or through the CAP config menu, and if you follow the instructions for that the next time you load the map everything to do with CAP that you have saved will automatically reload

16. Post #3056

March 2012
    29 Posts
    @DJ Goo & Gmod 101
    Both your problems will most likely be solved by downloading the Stargate Carter Addon Pack instead, which contains all the content from aVoN's pack (this) and more, all in (mostly) working order.

Also while I'm here I'd like to thank aVoN for creating this addon, seeing as it is what has kept me playing gmod, and made me start watching Stargate in the first place - which I went on to become a die-hard fan of. So once again, my heartfelt thanks to you and the other contributors.
    I've got the Stargate Carter Addon Pack, but still have the same problem with stargates

17. Post #3057
    July 2009
    614 Posts
    I've got the Stargate Carter Addon Pack, but still have the same problem with stargates
    if you have cap remove this mod

18. Post #3058

March 2012
    29 Posts
    It says: ld 'Sounds' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_atlantis\modules\ dialling.lua:516] attempt to index field 'Sounds' (a nil value) when i try to dial, then this: [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_base\modules\even ts.lua:108] attempt to get length of field 'DialledA when trying to open a stargate, it only happens when i save with spawned stargates then load the save, the spawned dhds light up but stargates don't open only pre-spawned open

19. Post #3059
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Saving a game messes up entities. Use adv. duplicator to save anything you make. It can be respawned later in the same place you saved it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3060

March 2012
    29 Posts
    Ok, thanks

Edited:

Is there a patch or something that'll fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #3061
    August 2009
    1,364 Posts
    Ok, thanks

Edited:

Is there a patch or something that'll fix it?
    No, there isn't. Use the advanced duplicator instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3062

March 2012
    29 Posts
    Ok then

23. Post #3063
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    571 Posts
    Yus! I have gotten Stargate back into my GMod! But now there's a problem. Every time the SG1 gate starts dialing, it doesn't play the rolling sound. Help? Sorry for being late if I am
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #3064

January 2012
    1 Posts
    Hi there! I am having some problems with this pack.The shield bubble appears to have the pink and black square texture on top of the real one, also the bubble does not show up when hit and i get an error. Also the Zat gun effect when hitting objects is like that as well. Am i missing some textures? I downloaded the latest version from SVN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Latvia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #3065

April 2012
    2 Posts
    Hi!

Although I have been having fun with this mod and all.

The addon keeps bringing up stuff like there is a new version of carters pack when i updated it on the same day.
    Also the ZPM's don't have texture.
    And stationary weapons don't work...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3066
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,043 Posts
    Hi!

Although I have been having fun with this mod and all.

The addon keeps bringing up stuff like there is a new version of carters pack when i updated it on the same day.
    Also the ZPM's don't have texture.
    And stationary weapons don't work...
    You're at the wrong thread: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1162629
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #3067

July 2012
    7 Posts
    the download link is broken, please please re-up it :D

28. Post #3068
    August 2010
    12 Posts
    Stargates confuse me

29. Post #3069

July 2012
    42 Posts
    I got proposition of making KINO but I decided to not making it. But it can be really easy. Even i had an idea of displaying pictures - on some KINO SWEP :) Currently I'm working on AG-3 satellites - they are awesome :D
    Man u made cap....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #3070
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Dudes, what's the point of posting shit in wrong thread and bringing back words I said 2-3 years ago??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #3071
    May 2008
    62 Posts
    Does this mod still exists?
    Can i find it somewhere ?

32. Post #3072
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,043 Posts
    Does this mod still exists?
    Can i find it somewhere ?
    You might just want to look here: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250181

33. Post #3073
    May 2008
    62 Posts
    Thank you sir !

34. Post #3074

August 2013
    2 Posts
    This sucks with request a login!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)