Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,754 Posts
    [img]http://gmod.daggeringcats.com/stargate/version•••••••••••••

[release]Bugs/Reporting Bugs
    Report bugs at http://bugs.daggeringcats.com
    [/release]

[release]Downloads
    There are three types of downloads you could pick up.
    [list][*]If you only want to update: Lua (Please only use this if you already have the models to save my traffic)[*]If you are only playing online: Models[*]If you want to play it in Single Player: Complete[*]If you want to host a server: Complete[/list]These downloads are always at the latest version.

If the download does not work...
    Use this neat mirror: http://glua.net/

SVN Repository
    Code:
    Url: http://svn.daggeringcats.com/stargate
    login: anonsvn
    password: anonsvn
    If you have no idea on how to use SVN, either use the above "normal" downloads or follow this description of "How to use SVN" by Ransom
    [/release]
    [release]Description
    This pack provides several utilities (such as the Stargates) from the TV Show "Stargate SG1" and "Stargate Atlantis" (tm & (c) MGM and it's affiliates).
    It's a fan project and is available for free without any intention to make profit out of it.

The Stargates are intra- and intergalactic portals: You enter it on one planet and exit it on another with nearly no time delay you generally have while traveling to this destination using a "space drive".

It also provides a few weapons from the series (such as the staffweapon or Zat'nik'tels) and technical devices (shield/cloaking).
    The pack is constantly getting enhanced and the latest version will always be available through SVN.[/release]
    [release]Upcoming features
    [list]
    [*]Puddle Jumper (95%)
    [*]Model Clipping (50%)
    [*]New stargates (Tollana,Supergate,Infinity) (99%)
    [*]New Slow and Fast-Dial methods (90%)
    [*]Different possible sounds for the staff-cannon SENT (100%)
    [*]Less reliable snapshot overflows in multiplayer, if much gates are spawned (?) (~1%)
    [*]"On button press chevron light up"-feature (70%)
    [*]A MALP (90%)[/list][/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Lua King x 90Late x 6Winner x 5Dumb x 4Lua Helper x 2Zing x 1Friendly x 1Funny x 1Useful x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    Fast question about malp - how it will be send view from camera to players?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2009
    111 Posts
    i would guess like an rt cam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    With the MALP screen overlay material of course.
    I hope aVoN did not use the old shitty DarkRP way of this when you apply the Material overlay from the usual GMod settings (as it can be easily switched off. It was fun to see everything without problem when drugged in DarkRP :D )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Late Late x 2Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Yay, finally a new thread

You're working on something stargate-camera related? (KINO.. please be a KINO) :pervert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb x 2Bad Reading x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I got proposition of making KINO but I decided to not making it. But it can be really easy. Even i had an idea of displaying pictures - on some KINO SWEP :) Currently I'm working on AG-3 satellites - they are awesome :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2009
    111 Posts
    -snippity snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    I got proposition of making KINO but I decided to not making it. But it can be really easy. Even i had an idea of displaying pictures - on some KINO SWEP :) Currently I'm working on AG-3 satellites - they are awesome :D
    Please, do the KINO! Not more than a floating ball, what has a flashlight (I remember seeing it I think) and a voice emitter (and of course the camera). And then you can pass the code to whoever did the KINO controller, so he can make a real controller SWEP (and add a nice kino overlay material for the screen part).

Some feature requests if you would decide to do it:
    - Path-able (so it can track a pre-set path)
    - sound emitter
    - Night vision
    - LS data (gravity, air conditions, temperature, etcetera)
    - Mapping feature (maps the path and it's surrounding)
    - Wire compatible (so can be linked to a screen)

That's all I think. I hope you can do it! Good luck with our KINO! And thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    Please, do the KINO! Not more than a floating ball, what has a flashlight (I remember seeing it I think) and a voice emitter (and of course the camera). And then you can pass the code to whoever did the KINO controller, so he can make a real controller SWEP (and add a nice kino overlay material for the screen part).

Some feature requests if you would decide to do it:
    - Path-able (so it can track a pre-set path)
    - sound emitter
    - Night vision
    - LS data (gravity, air conditions, temperature, etcetera)
    - Mapping feature (maps the path and it's surrounding)
    - Wire compatible (so can be linked to a screen)

That's all I think. I hope you can do it! Good luck with our KINO! And thanks!
    ^this

and couldn't this be used to re-create those "alien" sandcorns from the 3rd episode of SGU?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,754 Posts
    SGU Episode 19 and 20 airing in 4 minutes in Germany on RTL2. Be jealous :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    I am :colbert:

Ah well, atleast Lost season 2 arived in the mail today..

Edited:

The AG-3 has already been made, and for what I know, it still works.

Edited:

Also, why doesnt RTL2 have SGU here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    September 2007
    240 Posts
    Another new thread, cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2007
    836 Posts

ive got a kino ep2 chip.. and adv dup file if anyone wants it for now? basically its a chair you sit in and you press wsad to fly the kino that this guy made its pretty cool and it flys faster has taunts has dial gate which dosent work i cant get it to complete a dial.. maybe someone could look at the code.. um what else and cloak... i can put it on my file server...for anyone who wants it and ill post instructions here..

so madman make that kino hehe.. this way you can look at my ep2 code on the chip and see what you need to use to do the lua.. it will be super simple for ya
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    ive got a kino ep2 chip.. and adv dup file if anyone wants it for now? basically its a chair you sit in and you press wsad to fly the kino that this guy made its pretty cool and it flys faster has taunts has dial gate which dosent work i cant get it to complete a dial.. maybe someone could look at the code.. um what else and cloak... i can put it on my file server...for anyone who wants it and ill post instructions here..

so madman make that kino hehe.. this way you can look at my ep2 code on the chip and see what you need to use to do the lua.. it will be super simple for ya
    E2 is NOT Lua. Can not be converted! In Lua, a flying ball can be made a lot easier than in E2.

Already watched E20. Ending is epic, and made me think it will be continued (and can't wait for season II). So you should be jealous :D

15. Post #15
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    ARGH......can't decide whether I find the cliffhanger awesome or annoying. xD I guees both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    E2 is NOT Lua. Can not be converted! In Lua, a flying ball can be made a lot easier than in E2.
    True. LUA is much simpler than E2 :) Maybe i will consider KINO, it's depend on my time. I make my own AG-3 cuz i couldn't make work those, from some guy here. And IMHO mine is much better, better moving, shoot in group, cool effect. Maybe i will upload some vid today.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,889 Posts
    God, why can't I be german...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    True. LUA is much simpler than E2 :) Maybe i will consider KINO, it's depend on my time. I make my own AG-3 cuz i couldn't make work those, from some guy here. And IMHO mine is much better, better moving, shoot in group, cool effect. Maybe i will upload some vid today.
    Damn...I guess that means I have to learn lua, and I will have to think it will be amazingly easy.

God, why can't I be german...

At least it's only two days...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    Not even a single episode of SGU has been aired here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

April 2010
    20 Posts
    there is something called the internet you know mobrockers

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    I'd rather wait for them to get on dvd, and let my dad order them, I'm done with pirating, takes to much time while I can do other usefull things in the time I used to be waiting for a download to finish, things like playing computer games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2007
    836 Posts
    [QUOTE=the fonix232;22492820]E2 is NOT Lua. Can not be converted! In Lua, a flying ball can be made a lot easier than in E2.

i didnt say it was the same thing... its a referance point to get ideas from and it works really well really smooth and you see thought the kino..

23. Post #23
    June 2009
    36 Posts
    I cannot wait for the next episode of SGU, the last one brought back so many memories of the past stargate series. Avon how far do you think we are from a release. Also, if you need help at all I wouldn't mind helping at all. If you need it.

24. Post #24
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    I cannot wait for the next episode of SGU, the last one brought back so many memories of the past stargate series. Avon how far do you think we are from a release? Also, if you need help at all I wouldn't mind helping at all. If you need it.
    A release of what? The pack was released 45 revisions ago, so...that doesn't leave much left. If you're asking about "Rev 45" then the answer is "Before Monday," or, "When it's done."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    June 2009
    36 Posts
    A release of what? The pack was released 45 revisions ago, so...that doesn't leave much left. If you're asking about "Rev 45" then the answer is "Before Monday," or, "When it's done."
    I thought it was pretty straight forward that I was talking about a rev 45 release, considering I'm in the rev 44/45 thread. Thanks though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    [QUOTE=locutus_1;22494957]

i didnt say it was the same thing... its a referance point to get ideas from and it works really well really smooth and you see thought the kino..

Nah, it's faster to make own flying function than following some E2 code. With lua u do it with few lines (think 10 will be enough) without an thrusters, gyroscopes etc. I will think about that. In my topic u have link to some short video about AG-3 :)

27. Post #27
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    for people talking about the Kino, you might have seen this maybe not. Hope it helps. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....7#post22460487

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    I thought it was pretty straight forward that I was talking about a rev 45 release, considering I'm in the rev 44/45 thread. Thanks though.
    You are in the stargate release thread, you must be mistaken by some other thread

29. Post #29
    June 2009
    36 Posts
    You are in the stargate release thread, you must be mistaken by some other thread
    hmm, then what's this? [img]http://gmod.daggeringcats.com/stargate/version•••••••••••••
    It seems to say 44 on it. Making this the rev 44 release thread. just saying.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    hmm, then what's this? [img]http://gmod.daggeringcats.com/stargate/version•••••••••••••
    It seems to say 44 on it. Making this the rev 44 release thread. just saying.
    No, thats the current version of the stargate pack, they are just updates, you don't make a new thread for every update do you now

31. Post #31
    June 2009
    36 Posts
    No, thats the current version of the stargate pack, they are just updates, you don't make a new thread for every update do you now
    Hmm, to be honest i do think that a lot of people make new threads for updates.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    10,009 Posts
    Hmm, to be honest i do think that a lot of people make new threads for updates.
    These new thread are made, because there is so much discussion going on here, that the threads close a lot, not because of new versions, it has been this version (minus some code updates after gmod update) for 1-2 years now.

33. Post #33
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    I just rewatched "Time". It had to be one of my favorite episodes of the first half of the series. I love that jungle planet, for some reason it appeals to me a hell of slot more then any of the other planets in that part of the season. I also really liked that planet from "Faith". Nothing nicer then a nice untouched forest/bushland...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2008
    791 Posts
    This is actually the Stargate addon release thread. Sorry.

35. Post #35
    August 2009
    167 Posts
    Was messing around in the atlantis map last night and was re-living a couple of moments, lol.

Firing an Atlantis drone launcher:

Flying an F-302 with a stargate attached to the bottom:

Surprisingly enough I was actually able to fly the F-302 with the Stargate attached to the bottom without any problems at all. It didn't even seem to hinder my ability to fly the 302. Although you do have to raise the whole thing off the ground if you want to activate the gate first xD

Edited:

I know, scary double-post, but I felt this needed to be carried over

KevinSGA posted:
    ok so I made the hanger twice the previous length, is that better ??
    And the answer is yes ^_^
    I can't wait to see more of the interior get made too, these hangars are already looking to be pretty awesome and quite nice for docking some good size ships in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,724 Posts
    Not really, since it has either bad sub or dub.
    Anyway, won't be jealous, I'd rather watch it without subs and dubs than with bad ones/with them :3:
    Don't Asgard a Stargate in my room and kawoosh me to death please :ohdear:

37. Post #37
    March 2009
    907 Posts
    Not really, since it has either bad sub or dub.
    Anyway, won't be jealous, I'd rather watch it without subs and dubs than with bad ones/with them :3:
    Don't Asgard a Stargate in my room and kawoosh me to death please :ohdear:
    Can't be worse than Ukrainian/Russian voice-over :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2009
    95 Posts
    I'm done with pirating, takes to much time while I can do other usefull things in the time I used to be waiting for a download to finish, things like playing computer games
    .....megavideo or any other of the myriad of video streaming sites there are, then if you have a fast enough con there is no waiting issue. Also if you are lucky enough to have a non static IP then you can get around the 72 minute limit by just disconnecting your router from the internet for 1 min then reconnecting.

I only have 0.9 mbps down and I can still watch most megavideo streams with no problems.

For those of you who have not found it yet: http://*****************.blogspot.com/

(User was banned for this post ("Warez" - grea$emonkey))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,254 Posts
    I changed my decision :) Here: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....4#post22514934 u have some info and vid:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Known to all as "ARitz Cracker"
    March 2009
    2,436 Posts
    If it was like that.. wouldn't you be able to build your own in GMod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)