1. Post #41
    Wizard boxer represent

I play SS13 too much.
    I remember that.

You beat that guy to a pulp, and everyone laughed at his incompetence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,341 Posts
    also play as a pathogen researcher

my airborne down syndrome really ruined a few rounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    I like the news
    July 2009
    3,337 Posts
    is it still slow when it comes to moving around?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    January 2010
    1,798 Posts
    Oh god, I didn't play this since half year ago. Time to get back in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,868 Posts
    (All of this took about 2 weeks to do so far :ssh:)
    2 weeks? That's laughable, I have done half of what you have done in two days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,560 Posts
    2 weeks? That's laughable, I have done half of what you have done in two days.

I'm sorry I have a life :byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    What's with all of the clown hate, i can't play the game good so i decide to be something useless like a clown, it's like i'm some kind of moving target.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    10,508 Posts
    Haha the idiot security guy tried to space me and ended up spacing himself.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,352 Posts
    How to be a tech priest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,868 Posts
    I'm sorry I have a life :byodood:
    I have a life too, two days of my life just happened to be uneventful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,419 Posts
    I played this game for the first time the other day it was a lot of fun, unfortunately being new I wasn't the best chief engineer, and I promptly destroyed the entire station with the singularity

Its a shame though, it's laggy as shit with all the glitches and the unresponsive GUI it plays like a browser game, but with the added annoyance of having to download the client.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,560 Posts
    I played this game for the first time the other day it was a lot of fun, unfortunately being new I wasn't the best chief engineer, and I promptly destroyed the entire station with the singularity

Its a shame though, it's laggy as shit with all the glitches and the unresponsive GUI it plays like a browser game, but with the added annoyance of having to download the client.

Be VERY careful about which position you choose to play when your new to the game.

:siren:THIS GOES FOR ALL NEW PLAYERS, DO NOT PICK A TOP LEVEL POSITION PERIOD:siren:

Doing so will probably result in you getting a "Jobban" (Being banned from picking that specific role again) or worst...

DON'T FUCKING DO IT! LEARN THE GAME, GAIN EXPERIENCE, THEN MOVE UP IN THE RANKS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,419 Posts
    :siren:
    I know, I feel really bad about it, but the thing is I didn't chose the position, it was automatically assigned I know now to play assistant while learning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

14. Post #54
    January 2010
    1,798 Posts
    Just got in the most awesome game I've even been in.
    Was doing my job as a janitor and out of sudden. A portal opens and zombies emerge from it. It all turned in a speed run towards the security rooms and scream for help. I hide in the janitor closet till it was over. Then at the end of the game, another portal open right behind me, a zombie killing me few seconds before the game ended. Ah.

It was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    I love being Janitor. There was this rogue blob infection on the station and i was mopping up blood and taking bodies to the morgue when a survivor runs past me and slips on my freshly mopped floor. I then hear him say "fuck you floor" i come out and mop some more he slips again and i start laughing, he gets up, says "walrus, i'm going to fucking drop you" slips again and i run away to my closet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Time to get back in this! If I understand right, there's a miner job... time to try not to cause cave ins! (If that's possible)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #57
    March 2010
    721 Posts
    I've been permabanned from Gibbed 3 for racism. Funny thing is I'm black. I said something I could say to my real life friends: hey my nigga was up. I said it over the station chat and got banned :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    August 2010
    429 Posts

welcome to the BYOND engine (Build Your Own Networked Disaster).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    10,508 Posts
    I just had a round where I was arrested for killing the clown and tied down to the bed. Then a Zombie and a Gremlin teleport into my cell, luckily a security guard saved me in time for me to watch half the station get exploded by a Martian Mutant. I was one of the only survivors.

20. Post #60
    September 2009
    5,318 Posts
    I feel like they should change the name of the Assistants. They don't actually assist people so shouldn't they be Residents or something?

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,594 Posts
    I just had a round where I was arrested for killing the clown and tied down to the bed. Then a Zombie and a Gremlin teleport into my cell, luckily a security guard saved me in time for me to watch half the station get exploded by a Martian Mutant. I was one of the only survivors.
    ahahaha that was you that got attacked?

I went afk for like 30 minutes right in front of that martian and it didn't kill me. I was dead but it wasn't because of the martian, my body was fully intact while everyone killed by the martian was gibbed, even the cyborgs.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,868 Posts
    I feel like they should change the name of the Assistants. They don't actually assist people so shouldn't they be Residents or something?
    Maintenance Workers would be a better name, I suppose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    September 2009
    5,318 Posts
    Or just Workers.

They work, JUST NOT FOR JOOOOOO!!

24. Post #64
    November 2007
    1,036 Posts
    The game is actually more fun when you aren't a total asshole to everyone.

25. Post #65
    September 2009
    5,318 Posts
    The game is actually more fun when you aren't a total asshole to everyone.
    To be entirely honest. A round like that would be boring. There would be no drama.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,868 Posts
    Allow me to tell you all some stories.

First story. I was the barman. My regular customers were the doctor and the detective, and they came to my bar frequently. At a time when both of them were at the bar, the janitor comes in and shoots the detective, dragging him to a place unknown. The doctor and I chase after the janitor and eventually confront him in the med-bay. This is were the fun part came in. The janitor was shooting at us but I managed to hit him a couple of times with a fire extinguisher. He was almost out of ammo when the doctor fell down unconscious. When he was ready to shoot the doctor again I jumped in front of him, taking the shot myself, and falling down. The janitor tried to run, realizing he was out of ammo. I picked up my bloody fire extinguisher and bashed his head in. When I was absolutely certain he was dead and his face horribly mutilated, I stopped and tended to the doctor and myself. We went our separate ways after we were healed. Some time we both died because the station ran out of power and we were both sucked into wormholes that teleported us into space.

Second story. I was a scientist. A fearsome man with two body guards at his side ordered me to make them a bomb or I would be killed. Instead of making a bomb, I made a flamethrower, planning to defeat the man who surely was up to no good. I come back to my office to find there is a bomb in it, but this bomb wasn't armed, so I took it to the man and told him I made it. Later, he held the captain hostage with the bomb. I rushed to the bar where he was committing this heinous act and filled the bar with flames from my flamethrower. Unfortunately, I died in my own flames along with the man and his two body guards

Third story. I am a late arrival. I come to see the station is in shambles, several places have hull breaches and there is a lack of power. People are fighting over power cells, wishing to power their own offices. The place becomes a battlefield. I find out that people have holed up in the med-bay, with the fire-locks closed. They have almost all of the crowbars stashed in there. I, however, am in possession of a crowbar, and curiously go into the med-bay. I do not harm anybody and they welcome me as a new arrival. I don't really remember what happens next, but I believe I die and everyone escapes in escape pods after powering the escape pod bay.

Fourth story. I am a doctor and end up receiving hulk powers from the geneticist. People are turning up dead, so the captain orders a meeting of all crew members at the courtroom. We hear a crazy man rambling over the radio, saying how his mother would be proud he is an astronaut. It turns out, the man has escaped in a space suit and flown off into the unforgiving darkness. I walk into a maintenance hallway and discover a dead body. The HoP has killed him. I punch the HoP, knocking him back several feet, but he manages to get up and shoot me. I say my last words, begging for help over the radio. I black out after receiving several shots to the chest and enter the spirit world.

These four stories have taught me that barmen are badass, janitors are insane, people will often want you to make you bombs, power outages make people crazy, and even people with hulk powers cannot overpower people with laser guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    September 2009
    5,318 Posts
    And now we know. . .

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,695 Posts

Second story. I was a scientist. A fearsome man with two body guards at his side ordered me to make them a bomb or I would be killed. Instead of making a bomb, I made a flamethrower, planning to defeat the man who surely was up to no good. I come back to my office to find there is a bomb in it, but this bomb wasn't armed, so I took it to the man and told him I made it. Later, he held the captain hostage with the bomb. I rushed to the bar where he was committing this heinous act and filled the bar with flames from my flamethrower. Unfortunately, I died in my own flames along with the man and his two body guards
    Can you still make flamethrowers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

29. Post #69
    January 2010
    1,798 Posts
    Yes, time for morning round.

Edited:

Round began and ended in few minutes. Giant asteroid storm get. My janitor closet got smashed in half, I ran towards the medbay but died mysteriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,366 Posts
    I've been permabanned from Gibbed 3 for racism. Funny thing is I'm black. I said something I could say to my real life friends: hey my nigga was up. I said it over the station chat and got banned :P
    That's ridiculous, a few months back, I was in my "Gangsta ship-member phase" and I'm pretty sure I said that a tonne of times, and I was never banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,868 Posts
    Can you still make flamethrowers?
    Nope. They don't work right because of the way fire works now. They haven't worked for a few months, maybe more.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,352 Posts
    It sucks when you are drifting in space with a jetpack, not knowing the way back, and finding stations/shuttles/space hermit houses everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,070 Posts
    I can't connect to any servers, except one, and I need to download resources for it and it downloads like 1% per ten minutes.
    What to do?
    Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Israel Show Events

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    It sucks when you are drifting in space with a jetpack, not knowing the way back, and finding stations/shuttles/space hermit houses everywhere.
    It also sucks when your the traitor and the guy you gotta kill is drifting off into space, finding stations and not knowing the way back (not that I do) !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,856 Posts
    I died for snacks

Edited:

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,868 Posts
    I don't really understand how to make bombs. Does one tank have to be filled with a heated gas and one canister be filled with plasma and oxygen? Does the tank with plasma and oxygen have to be heated too?

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,944 Posts
    Some stories.

As a detective, I had the captains disc and a laser in my office. The AI locked both doors to my room. Everyone wanted the disc. The AI was killed and in the chaos everyone wanted the disc and my gun. I made Beepsky arrest everyone. This gave me enough time to force open the backdoor and run to the waiting shuttle. For some reason no one else was around. I was the only survivor .

In another one, as detective, I made beepsky arrest everyone and I went around on a shooting rampage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    March 2010
    721 Posts
    That's ridiculous, a few months back, I was in my "Gangsta ship-member phase" and I'm pretty sure I said that a tonne of times, and I was never banned.
    I think it was a new admin, his name began with n, but he wasn't Nick. The new admins have even bigger sticks up their ass then the old ones.

39. Post #79
    August 2010
    5,506 Posts
    I think it was a new admin, his name began with n, but he wasn't Nick. The new admins have even bigger sticks up their ass then the old ones.
    What? The fuck are you talking about the admins are fine, they keep the fags out while keeping the game fun.

40. Post #80
    March 2010
    721 Posts
    heh

Edited:

I'm guessing you JUST started playing?

Edited:

Last time I played this game was 4 months ago, admins haven't changed trust me. It depends on WHICH admins your talking about.