1. Post #81
    August 2010
    5,508 Posts
    heh

Edited:

I'm guessing you JUST started playing?

Edited:

Last time I played this game was 4 months ago, admins haven't changed trust me. It depends on WHICH admins your talking about.
    uh no, I've been playing since '07. Any admin that I've seen has done their job fine, I don't know why you guys are crying about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

2. Post #82
    September 2009
    5,318 Posts
    It seems you have good luck because whenever I go on there my character starts running into walls and saying random phrases.

Edited:

An Admin even made me bash my own head in until I was unconscious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    This isn't really admin abuse but doing my janitorial duties (making people slip then hiding in you closet) when a security officer knocked me out and arrested me, beat me, then handcuffed me to a table. I asked why he did this and he said there was no slippery surface sign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,597 Posts
    This isn't really admin abuse but doing my janitorial duties (making people slip then hiding in you closet) when a security officer knocked me out and arrested me, beat me, then handcuffed me to a table. I asked why he did this and he said there was no slippery surface sign.

Janitor is one of those jobs that can be definitely abused...

It's an absolute must to use floor signs when mopping in an area or you can expect to be arrested, and or jobbanned, and or banned... and not necessarily in that order...

It really depends which area your mopping. If it's a major choke point like the Central Primary Hallway, Med/ Sci access, or the Escape hallway, you're practically asking to be arrested and or killed.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,286 Posts
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that Space Station 13 is in the Byond RPG section?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #86
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    Also, how the fuck do i cook stuff? There is no oven, sink or processor so i can't do jack shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

7. Post #87
    February 2009
    159 Posts
    Is it possible for me to set up my own server if I just want to play with some friends?
    anybody?

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    2,802 Posts
    Also, how the fuck do i cook stuff? There is no oven, sink or processor so i can't do jack shit.
    You put people in the gib o matic and make soylent green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,424 Posts
    What's with all of the clown hate, i can't play the game good so i decide to be something useless like a clown, it's like i'm some kind of moving target.
    Usually with clowns I find some sleeping medicine, get a few syringes full, and go clown hunting. Inject the clowns, abduct them and bring them back to the medlab and then begin to rub them down with ointment. One I do that for a while I freeze em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,226 Posts
    so let me tell you a story from long ago, before all this new jibber. i was scruffy. the janitor. and unlike the cartoon counterpart, i gave a damn about my job. well, turns out there was a traitor on the station, and one of my pals told me about it. using my links with my scientist brothers, they make me a proximity bomb at about 90k. now i went to work. i smacked myself around a little to spread some blood, healed, placed the bomb in a closet and armed it, and quickly ran. i then began to yell for "help" saying i was close to death and locked in a closet. naturally, any traitor worth his salt would come in for the easy kill.

i hear an explosion. the ai reports that he had actually tripped it.
    i was the entire round until i was murdered by an insane clown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    November 2007
    1,036 Posts
    Usually with clowns I find some sleeping medicine, get a few syringes full, and go clown hunting. Inject the clowns, abduct them and bring them back to the medlab and then begin to rub them down with ointment. One I do that for a while I freeze em.
    Your a jerk!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,856 Posts
    I can't join most of the servers - It just says
    connection died
    connection failed

when I try to connect

Edited:

Oh and every time the game restarts I have to manually load up the game again because I can't reconnect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    Yeah some servers change the station name at a new round, BYOND doesn't like it so it can't find the server again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    It's annoying when someone's killing you, your screaming their name into the radio and yet no-body comes. Or when you start dying in the corridor and yet no-one assists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,352 Posts
    I won a round as a wizard and everyone started yelling at me how I suck as one because it took me alot of time to kill a botanist, nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    I won a round as a wizard and everyone started yelling at me how I suck as one because it took me alot of time to kill a botanist, nice.
    Well... he was a high botanist who was unconscious! I though you did ok though.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,352 Posts
    Well... he was a high botanist who was unconscious! I though you did ok though.
    I'd kill him faster if not for the fact that AI would yell where I am everytime and get a vice officer on my ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Poland Show Events

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Gibbed 4 had an epic trial which ended in us beating him up and forcing him to get wasted on vodka. Turns out it was a traitor.... JUSTIC WAS SERVED!

19. Post #99
    August 2010
    429 Posts
    this game is a lot of fun to fuck around in. i was a botanist so i found a mechanical toolbox and went around pulling up floor tiles and cutting wires to see what happened. I ended up ruining one of the ATMs i think.

Code:
    Arley Givadarm says, "what do you want botanist"
    Mark Storm exclaims, "REPAIR MY FLOORS IMMEDIATELY!"
    Weedgoku Poophentai says, "nothing thanks"
    we need a SS13 that doesn't use BYOND. It's a laggy piece of shit engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    A person I know is working on that, actually. Not sure if he'll pull through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

21. Post #101
    Gold Member

April 2010
    2,315 Posts
    If this game was programmed on a better engine then I would be playing it more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    The only thing that bugs me is the slight lag from you hitting the arrow keys to your character actually moving, also i love being a chef now that i know how to cook stuff, and if you are the barman don't expect to see your monkey in anything else but my tasty monkey-burgers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,235 Posts
    I was a janitor once.

I was kidnapped by the geneticist, and given hulk powers.

As a plan to escape, while the geneticist was continuing experiments on me, I punched him in the head.

His head exploded, however, he had another hulk as a bodyguard.

We had an epic hulk battle that ended up with me and him in space, as I punched open an airlock while we were fighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    September 2009
    843 Posts
    I was a janitor once.

As a plan to escape, while the geneticist was continuing experiments on me, I punched him in the head.

We had an epic hulk battle that ended up with me and him in space, as I punched open an airlock while we were fighting.
    reminds me of the time i went to the geneticist with promises of super powers, only to be turned into a monkey. i was on top of his table trying to escape when i spotted the bartenders shotgun under some papers and it had 2 shells loaded. so i shot the bartender 2 times in the chest and he fell down. i was in the middle of taking his id when he got up. then he punched me until i was near death then threw me into the monkey pen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,539 Posts
    I was a janitor once.

I'm in tears from how funny that is!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Insulting the Swedish chef is fun - can a have a borker I mean a burger please.

Had a fun round as a security earlier:

We listened to the centcom report for once and was told that there was a chance the electrician could be a traitor. The captain gave us permission to search him so we went to his office and asked for him to let us, but he didn't reply. So we called someone over and they opened the door for us. We were greeted by a very messy lab and about 7 lockers. So we searched them one by one until he popped his head out, before running to the door like a mad man. We tazed him an cuffed him, took his PDA off him and looked at it, it was clean though. So we decide to uncuff him, which we did. However he punched my colleague in the face straight away, making him fall to the floor. He stole the baton before I could fire and he started beating me to a pulp.

I screamed over the radio and the detective hurried over, but he couldn't open the door, so he had to get am engineer to open it for him. In this time he had stripped us naked and welded me in a locker. Luckily the detective got through in time to save my sorry arse. I think he was slightly annoyed as he kept me in the locker for around 20 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,665 Posts
    I keep getting banned for dealing with griefers on my own

really do these admins expect me to not turn someone who stole my ID into a monkey
    Just stay the hell away from admins and anything that gets their attention. It's better you let the griefer go and pretend nothing ever happened than risk having an admin breathing down your neck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    August 2010
    4 Posts
    Hi there, new player & new poster. I've been trying out this crazy game for a few days, and I prefer the goon-run Gibbed servers (seem to give me the least lag).

However, today I find myself unable to join them - I get "Connection died. Connection failed."-messages instead. Did they turn off access for non-goons, or am I experiencing some sort of bug? At any rate I'm extremely new to the game, so I might just have made some dumb mistake.

Can anyone help me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,944 Posts
    MOTHERFUCKING CLOWN COP!

c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Hi there, new player & new poster. I've been trying out this crazy game for a few days, and I prefer the goon-run Gibbed servers (seem to give me the least lag).

However, today I find myself unable to join them - I get "Connection died. Connection failed."-messages instead. Did they turn off access for non-goons, or am I experiencing some sort of bug? At any rate I'm extremely new to the game, so I might just have made some dumb mistake.

Can anyone help me?
    I can get into gibbed servers and I'm no goon!

31. Post #111
    August 2010
    4 Posts
    I'm an even bigger idiot/noob than previously stated - my "issue" was that I wasn't properly logged into BYOND, apparently. Quite sad that I get stuck on something that simple, in a game as complex as this...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Denmark Show Events

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    I'm an even bigger idiot/noob than previously stated - my "issue" was that I wasn't properly logged into BYOND, apparently. Quite sad that I get stuck on something that simple, in a game as complex as this...
    You'll learn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    737 Posts

Can anyone help me?
    Welcome to the forums

34. Post #114
    August 2010
    429 Posts
    What are some simple but interesting ways to fuck around and cause mischief?

I've been mucking around with genetics and quartermaster. Hacking the MULE to run over people is fun.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts

I've been mucking around with genetics and quartermaster. Hacking the MULE to run over people is fun.
    Release the singularity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    I always try to cut the power but i haven't found out where the main power is, and i get electrocuted too much. I usually just piss everyone off and pull every fire alarm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    Fire alarms hardly piss anyone off, since firedoors can be opened with a crowbar.

As a toxins researcher with a space suit, drag a few plasma canisters into space and take them to the engine room, some crowded hub, and the escape corridor. Flood those places with plasma, if anyone walks in, light that shit with a welder or something.

38. Post #118
    August 2010
    5,508 Posts

Be an atmospheric technician and super-heat the oxygen around the station, causes chortles of laughter every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    I always forget atmos actually works on Goon servers.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,504 Posts
    Be an atmospheric technician and super-heat the oxygen around the station, causes chortles of laughter every time.
    Yeah I'll be the doctor minding my own business when suddenly every time I go near a vent I nearly die.

And then it becomes a race to find a closet without a vent and not letting the hot air in.