1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,964 Posts
    Thanks and don't worry, I don't grief!

Edited:

Oh wow, the server seems a lot better than goonstation.
    A lot faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,187 Posts
    So, has there been any updates since the reforming of engineers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    So, has there been any updates since the reforming of engineers?
    On what server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,187 Posts
    On what server?
    The Goon ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

5. Post #285
    January 2010
    1,798 Posts
    Yes. It got updated today also, new random objective for traitors,vampires wizard etc that being forced evacuation before the 45 minute lapse.
    Meteor mode upgrade and VARIOUS other important things that I can't be arsed to write. (since the engie overhaul.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

6. Post #286
    April 2009
    1,285 Posts
    I managed to win the round as a traitor without killing my targets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

7. Post #287
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    I managed to win the round as a traitor without killing my targets.
    Why the boxes? Maybe someone else killed his targets?

Wait you rated yourself dumb.

Edited:

Well that's dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    August 2010
    4,468 Posts
    Wow, A wormhole got me stuck in a grille, Had to suicide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #289
    April 2009
    1,285 Posts
    Yeah, everybody else killed my targets for some strange reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,672 Posts
    Wow, the controls in this game are confusing. Can anyone link me to a guide for commands like, eat, drink, shoot, etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,695 Posts
    I don't notice much of a difference between /tg/station and goonstation, except /tg/station seems distinctly slower, some things are placed in different places, and it has a better pipe system?

Edited:

Wow, the controls in this game are confusing. Can anyone link me to a guide for commands like, eat, drink, shoot, etc?
    To eat, you click an edible item in your hand, same with drinking, to shoot, click on something(someone) with a firearm in your active hand.

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    /tg/station is based on old Goonstation code that they had to improve upon by themselves. It's not as well optimized, but it runs on better hardware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    /tg/station is based on old Goonstation code that they had to improve upon by themselves. It's not as well optimized, but it runs on better hardware.
    +(in my opinion) it has a better community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #294
    April 2009
    1,285 Posts
    I just found out that there is a Vampire gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #295
    August 2010
    4,468 Posts
    I just got killed by an alien queen, I died but everyone got on the shuttle.

The op was right, you might die a hero.

Edited:

Do we have a server that always plays alien?

Edited:

How do I make a server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

16. Post #296
    April 2009
    1,285 Posts
    It seems whenever I try to connect to /tg/station, it fails.
    Never-mind, I just connected.

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    I just got killed by an alien queen, I died but everyone got on the shuttle.

The op was right, you might die a hero.

Edited:

Do we have a server that always plays alien?

Edited:

How do I make a server?
    Alien all the time would be boring and people usually don't stray from their favorite servers anyway. Secret is the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,964 Posts
    +(in my opinion) it has a better community.
    No deaths by murder so far on that server.

For me.

19. Post #299
    January 2010
    1,798 Posts
    Vampire mode is fun when the vampire is an experienced player. Not like one of the vampires I had to deal with few games earlier. He just locked himself in the chapel, two security officers trying to get in. Me being a justice asshole and an engineer, I cut the wall of and got him caught.
    Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

20. Post #300
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    I just found out that there is a Vampire gamemode.
    Stop rating yourself dumb.

21. Post #301
    August 2010
    4,468 Posts
    How do i make a server?

22. Post #302
    October 2010
    100 Posts
    hey guys could someone explain the "Robust combat system" catch phrase on goonstattion servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Peru Show Events

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,988 Posts
    hey guys could someone explain the "Robust combat system" catch phrase on goonstattion servers?
    In case you haven't noticed, the combat system is so bad it is literally a running gag.

I haven't seen good ol' Melons on in forever. I miss battling him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

24. Post #304
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    Why does my game look like this,
    (a bit .jpg raped but you see what i am talking aboot.)
    When other peoples looks like this,

I hate mine when it is all blurry and i would like to know how to get the other one.

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,259 Posts
    Dr Science be the killer these days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. New Zealand Show Events

26. Post #306
    It's a trap.
    Dennab
    October 2006
    1,294 Posts
    Over 20 people in my server (D2Server) tonight, what with my new mods and highly modded map and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Estonia Show Events

27. Post #307
    October 2010
    100 Posts
    ok joining
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Peru Show Events

28. Post #308
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    Over 20 people in my server (D2Server) tonight, what with my new mods and highly modded map and stuff.
    It will never let me join your server it just keeps saying connection failed, all of the other servers are fine.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,259 Posts
    Such a rugged time on #3, they were playing My Immortal through the round. Couldn't stop laughing most the time. Scroll down for audio adaptation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. New Zealand Show Events

30. Post #310
    It's a trap.
    Dennab
    October 2006
    1,294 Posts
    It will never let me join your server it just keeps saying connection failed, all of the other servers are fine.
    Tried byond://vps.d2k5.com:1025 in your browser?

Though it drained due to the timezones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Estonia Show Events

31. Post #311
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    I haven't played this game in ages, but I remember rerouting the disposal pipe system to lead directly into space. It's funny, because usually people escaping from Security will tend to launch themselves to the disposal to get away from everyone

I also used to sedate someone for a bit, strip them completely naked, and then build a glass tomb around them. With no objects besides their fists, they couldn't punch the glass to break it (I don't know if this is changed now or not) so they would be trapped forever (Or until someone saved them)

32. Post #312
    It's a trap.
    Dennab
    October 2006
    1,294 Posts

:3:

33. Post #313
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    Oh god I was a mime on the /tg/ server and i was blocking the emergency shuttle with my invisible walls when someone tried to throw acid at me when it bounced off of the wall and melted his face.

34. Post #314
    October 2010
    279 Posts
    Haven't played this game in months, but once, somebody killed me and tried to turn me into a cyborg, but then some ass stole the brain and threw it into the garbage disposal.

35. Post #315
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    D2K, I'm having a blast just playing with the piano on your server. :V

36. Post #316
    June 2009
    99 Posts
    Bin Hokinz (Chief Engineer) [145.9] says, "SHE GARBS HERSELF WITH THE MARK OF THE WIZARD COUNCIL AS TO INSULT US"
    Bin Hokinz (Chief Engineer) [145.9] says, "SHE THREATENS THE COUNCIL WITH VIOLENCE"
    Bin Hokinz (Chief Engineer) [145.9] says, "SHE HIDES AND ATTEMPTS TO SWINDLE ME OUT OF MY ROBE"

OOC: DaceGiga: You're a negro, Owen.
    OOC: DaceGiga: I wasn't a traitor.
    OOC: DaceGiga: Until you attacked me.
    OOC: DaceGiga: :(
    OOC: RiskyBusiness: NO IC IN OOC

Alison Briggs [145.9] says, "Quartermaster briggs here, please notify me if you need to place any orders."
    Owen Briggs [145.9] asks, "BRIGGS?"
    Owen Briggs [145.9] says, "NO, THATS ME"
    Jack Sharburg [145.9] exclaims, "FAMILY REUNION!"
    Owen Briggs [145.9] says, "THE SISTER I WISH I NEVER HAD"
    Alison Briggs [145.9] says, "God damn it, I told you mom doesn't love you."
    Owen Briggs [145.9] says, "DONT MAKE ME GIVE YOU THE SAME FATE AS OUR DEAR BELOVED MOTHER, -BRIGGS-"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,259 Posts

MANHELL

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    Anyone else think spacing corpses as a traitor is kinda a dickish thing to do? I always try to hide them in garbage disposals, at least then they have a chance to get revived.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

39. Post #319
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,437 Posts
    Anyone else think spacing corpses as a traitor is kinda a dickish thing to do? I always try to hide them in garbage disposals, at least then they have a chance to get revived.
    Same with the captain spacing the nuke disk, not cool man, NOT COOL.

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,350 Posts
    Well if someone spaces the nuke disk, just adminhelp it or something and it'll probably be respawned.