1. Post #321
    It's a trap.
    Dennab
    October 2006
    1,585 Posts
    It automatically respawns if it gets destroyed (looking at the code), not sure about spacing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Estonia Show Events

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,293 Posts
    Anyone else think spacing corpses as a traitor is kinda a dickish thing to do? I always try to hide them in garbage disposals, at least then they have a chance to get revived.
    I'd only do that if the disposal conveyor belt was on. Why would you want someone to be revived if it's your objective to kill them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    I'd only do that if the disposal conveyor belt was on. Why would you want someone to be revived if it's your objective to kill them?
    Your objective will still be complete even if they get revived. I always use a fake ID + voice changer (best traitor item fuck yea), and usually disguise myself as an assistant. They'll keep chasing that fake assistant / some guy I robusted in a maintenance hallway, and I'll just resume my old job.
    It's kinda stupid that you can't wash your hands on the server I'm on, though.

It automatically respawns if it gets destroyed (looking at the code), not sure about spacing.
    It doesn't, but usually if it has been spaced someone adminhelps it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,025 Posts
    If they get revived, they won't count as killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    From my experience they do.

Oh well, no one bothers reviving anyway with those insane Roboticists on board.

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,956 Posts
    Is there a reason I can't download the game? I have the byond client, and it works... but for some reason when I go to their site and click to download ss13 it says download failed (I believe the error is 403).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

7. Post #327
    January 2010
    2,268 Posts
    Being botanist is pretty fun.
    Gifted the whole station carved pumpkins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Romania Show Events

8. Post #328
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,362 Posts
    What's the best way to get into this game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #329
    May 2008
    481 Posts
    What's the best way to get into this game?
    Start playing and be an assistant wander around and do stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    Is there a reason I can't download the game? I have the byond client, and it works... but for some reason when I go to their site and click to download ss13 it says download failed (I believe the error is 403).
    You're supposed to click "join server", you'll then DL the server files.

11. Post #331
    Gold Member

September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    Anyone have any tips for someone is in an awkward phase between not understanding the hud and not understanding the rest of the game?

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    So, you understand the HUD, then?

I dunno, you can talk to me on Steam or something, I know how to do most jobs and I've played for a couple years.

13. Post #333
    June 2009
    121 Posts
    From my experience they do.
    Incorrect

ALSO HEY NEW PLAYERS IF YOU WANT TO LEARN GET TO GIBBED 3 OR 4 AND LOOK FOR OWEN BRIGGS HE'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

14. Post #334
    Gold Member

September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    HoP is fun, especially if you have a secluded id computer around.

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    HoP is great as a traitor

voice changer fuck yeah

16. Post #336
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Whats a good strategy as traitor?

17. Post #337
    Gold Member

August 2009
    1,355 Posts
    Kill people

18. Post #338
    June 2009
    121 Posts
    sleepy pens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    Get a chief role, use voice changer, have boxes of ID's with matching suits in your backpack.

I did it once. Those poor assistants got framed.

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    Whats a good strategy as traitor?
    Voice changer, someone's ID and a spare suit. They'll never find out who really did it, just remember to wear gloves since if your hands get bloody I don't think you can clean them.

Edited:

Fake IDs are alright as well, but if they check the crew manifest they might catch on to you (fake IDs are usually used by HoPs)

21. Post #341
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Haven't played in a while, hard to get back into it :/

22. Post #342
    Gold Member

September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    Learning chemistry is hard.

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,747 Posts
    Learning chemistry is hard.
    I'd kill to see a player named Bill Nye the Science Guy running around with chemcials and fucking shit up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #344
    Gold Member

September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    I might do it with my newly found knowledge of acid smoke

25. Post #345
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Acid smoke? HOW?

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,738 Posts
    Well, I found a favorite job. I really enjoy Medical Doctor.

I cry whenever somebody dies :(

27. Post #347
    June 2009
    121 Posts
    Voice changer, someone's ID and a spare suit. They'll never find out who really did it, just remember to wear gloves since if your hands get bloody I don't think you can clean them.
    The need for a voice changer and a spare suit is nullified if you just nab a victim, take their ID, stuff 'em in genetics and steal their UI+UE whilst turning them into a monkey. You literally become them, and you can repeat this process for every victim.

Also, you can clean your hands. Get a janitor to spray you.

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,652 Posts
    Genetics is a bit obvious though, if you drag their body through the entire station to get there.

Any recent updates (Last 3 monthsish)? Is the map still 'Ovary Station'? Would I be better off asking on Something Awful since there's ALWAYS goons playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    814 Posts
    Genetics is a bit obvious though, if you drag their body through the entire station to get there.
    But dragging bodies around the station is perfectly normal for a geneticist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,738 Posts
    Oh my god, I just committed suicide by swallowing an acid pill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,544 Posts

Any recent updates (Last 3 monthsish)? Is the map still 'Ovary Station'? Would I be better off asking on Something Awful since there's ALWAYS goons playing?
    It changed to a semi-updated version of Donut Station (the station used before the current one) for the weekend to celebrate Halloween but has since changed back.

And yes, there's been some updates over the past 3 months, I know these things definitely were added in that timeframe.
    -Gas grenades (No idea how they work)
    -Armored Biosuits
    -FHoS was removed but then added again.
    -New gamemode (Vampire), which involves a traitor that drinks blood to gain special powers.
    -excessive use of the *poo emote causes you to explode into a shower of gibs and poo.
    -The station's had some minor changes in design.
    -Boxer job
    -Spatial tear and Space Kudzu events
    -some other things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    The need for a voice changer and a spare suit is nullified if you just nab a victim, take their ID, stuff 'em in genetics and steal their UI+UE whilst turning them into a monkey. You literally become them, and you can repeat this process for every victim.

Also, you can clean your hands. Get a janitor to spray you.
    The janitor would just scream I've killed someone
    And the fake ID plus suit is only for the first kill, after that you can do whatever you wish.

Edited:

We have a nice court battle yesterday, admins played

For the end of the fight.
    Damn, it's actually pretty cool if you ever get to use the courtroom.

Edited:

Sleepy pen + acid fuck yea

33. Post #353
    Gold Member

September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    Gas grenades work as smoke plus whatever other chemical(smoke has to be broken into two parts), something like this:
    phosphorous/sugar beaker+potassium/<non smoke chemical>, with phosphorous, sugar, and potassium being interchangeable.

34. Post #354
    October 2010
    281 Posts
    -excessive use of the *poo emote causes you to explode into a shower of gibs and poo.
    Well, shit.

I remember I convinced some of the crew that beepsky was defective for arresting for using *poo. Everyone tried to destroy beepsky, and at least 5 other guys got arrested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    8,655 Posts
    I am part of elite security. Kind of forgot about SS13, what ever happened?

Edited:

Couple months ago, I had a AI module installed, called Global Thermonuclear war.
    "TERMITE ECHO ROMEO MIKE INDIA NATE TERMITE ECHO"
    I figured it out. All the words spelt TERMINATE
    Hillarity insues!

36. Post #356
    March 2010
    759 Posts
    Mining Engineer eeeeeeeeeeerrrryday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

37. Post #357
    August 2010
    4,484 Posts
    What server does FP usually play on?

38. Post #358
    Gold Member

September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    I just play on the goon servers, under the name Patrick Gronko or Jack Buttcrack.

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    21,422 Posts
    I am part of elite security. Kind of forgot about SS13, what ever happened?

Edited:

Couple months ago, I had a AI module installed, called Global Thermonuclear war.
    "TERMITE ECHO ROMEO MIKE INDIA NATE TERMITE ECHO"
    I figured it out. All the words spelt TERMINATE
    Hillarity insues!
    You forgot an Alfa in between Nate and Termite.

Edited:

What server does FP usually play on?
    I play on /tg/station

40. Post #360
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Can someone link some good servers?