Oh look, two ugly promos for MODERN FPS #4505049684 4: THE GAME: THE SEQUEL: THE ORIGIN STORY: FESTER'S QUEST.
Bet this means we're not getting anything amazing. Again.
So instead of having items put onto the Workshop where community feedback can show support or lack of support of an item, like the Mask of the Dead, they instead just bypass that entirely and ignore what the community might want to say about the items because it's already getting ingame.
regarding lack of actually good workshop things they're probably witholding a metric fuckton of the best ones to release them en masse when the next big update rolls around to say "content guys look"
Kill me, kill me now. More promos. I think I need to update my tally of TF2 content releases.
Current additions that are purely cosmetic and don't do anything...well, i lost track.
Sure is a big year for TF2, huh guys?
I don't get why people hate the mask of the dead. I think it looks cool.
They should update the blog post saying that "it will be a great
yearsemester for TF2", then
So in spite of the considerably dissapointing half-year so far, could someone compile a list of all the hints, teases and hypes over what the next major update could be? All the soundcache files, for example
fuck this gay earth
Tobor texture was added to the game under training folder, was removed shortly after.
The engineer teaser has a robotic heavy head and a robotic demo head (presumed) that look similar to the photos mentioned below
Cp_foundry had 3 secrets:
1. A hidden room with the word "Tobor" in it. - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/0/02/Cp_Foundry_hidden_room_blu.png
2. Another hidden room which had the soldier guarding outside with heavy and scout inside looking at bad pictures of robot versions of classes - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/4a/Cp_foundry_photos.jpg
3. Numbers on a wall near the second secret showed "1961 13 22 13" So far it was found out that 13 22 13 means MVM (alphabet counting), which is now presumed to mean Man Vs Machine, or Mann if you want. It is currently unknown what 1961 means, if anything special. - http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...undry_date.jpg
The soundcache files revealed a few things about the possible gamemode:
1. there is a boss robot that has nukes, grenades and rockets and can apparently be stunned as well as "precision/hard shots" and "locking on"
2. It may be wave-based
3. It may be arena-like or has something significant about a player dying (there is a sound file for a player dying)
4. There are sound files referencing giant classes, except for medic, engineer, spy and sniper.
5. there are monsters called "sentrybuster" and a "tank"
6. There are upgrades you have to buy.
7. there are powerups (may be related to upgrades)
There was also a file reference found called "robotron" but unknown if related.
Thus no promotionnal item.
I'm bored beyond limits.
Disregard the above! I've figured it all out!
TF2 BLOG said that this year would be a big year, what they actually meant was that we're going to be feeling like this was the longest year in our lives because we're stuck in limbo without an update!
Man Versus Machine is actually the fight that will erupt right at the end of the year between valve employees and the community when there won't have been a worthwhile update all year long! Thus common man will be fighting the bureaucratic machine that is valve!
Meet the pyro is actually happening right now, as we start flame wars and insult the promos and each other we are actually the internet arsonists here!
YOU are the pyro!
I just finished my last class of my college career. One more week of finals... and it's done. I'm out. Then begins the long search for a job.
Oh hey there Valve
Now now, I'm know tensions are high, but these promos aren't TERRIBLE.
It's not the Mask of the Dead or the Mask of the Shaman or another stock baseball cap.
They're ALRIGHT, but not TERRIBLE.
The Scout's is pretty cool (provided you can remove the stupid-ass eyepatch) and the Soldier's is alright (not as good as something like the Lumbricus or Stahlhelm, but just okay).
Now, as for tonight...
We get a great workshop item (all-class Nanobalcava or Private Eye, Plumber's Cap, weapon(s), etc.), some bug fixes and an announcement of some sort concering Meet the Pyro or the Saxxies.
We get no workshop item, no bug fixes, no announcement, just the promos until next week.
MOST LIKELY SCENARIO
We get a workshop item and maybe a few fixes/tweaks.
Don't get all excited for Meet the Pyro, I'd say that's about a month away still (remember Meet the Medic?).
If you're gonna get excited over ANYTHING, get excited over the Saxxies (who knows, MtP is finished, so maybe they'll be released at the same time, like how we hoped Meet the Medic would go).
HURGH, SO GRIM AND EDGY
MODERN GUNWARS! COMING SOON, ON G4
GUN SHOOT! BULLET FIRE 3! GENERIC FPS 7: THIS IS SO ORIGINAL!
AND AN EXCLUSIVE ON THE NEW AMMO FIGHT GAME!