Ignore the TDC HTC HTC Vision part.
Cyanogen7 is the reason for that funky name.
That's strange, I'm trying to find out the issue as soon as possible.
I'll let you guys know when I got it working!
Edit: could you guys try to remove the previous version first? The app still works on my phone, so I would like to know if it is because of the versioning issue.
I'll try getting this app in Android Police's top apps of the month.
Let's get this app in Android Police's top apps of the month.
E-mail the app to this e-mail address with a short description: email@example.com
Do you think you could do something to the lag with a lot of friends? Maybe add more to the list as it's browsed or something?
The app starts up fast and smooth on my HTC Desire HD, but once it has loaded all of my friends and their states, the app starts lagging a lot. Even once I turned off the avatars.
I know I shouldn't have 298 contacts on Steam, but still.
Is the app working for everyone after a clean install?
I think it needs some kind of recent chats section or something though.
Then I got pushed off. Reconnected fine though.
Then it froze up.
So I tried pressing all the buttons and touching the screen. Only thing I could do is blank and unblank the screen.
Pulled the battery and rebooted.
For me, it took very long to "connect", but when I cancelled and checked my friendslist, I actually saw the full list. Even tho everyone appears offline. (Yes, even after waiting)
I had to manually set my state to online and now they show up as online and in-game.
It didnt lag when everyone was offline, but now it really lags on my HTC Wildfire S
Sent a message and got logged out.
I'm guessing the one I should download is the one from January 13th?
So after the mess of today, I released update 1.2.
This update includes:
- Version changes, hopefully this fixes some of the installation bugs some people where having;
- Added permanent notifications, if enabled, notifications will always be in the notification area;
- Added automatic reconnect, if enabled, SteamDroid will try to reconnect when the connection is lost;
- Updated the Steam service, together with permanent notifications and auto reconnect, the app should stay online longer;
It's a smaller update than the last one, but maybe it fixes some annoying issues.
Note that this time the update should be automatically installed, I actually got the process of updating the apk right this time.
Please let me know what you think!
To solve the issue where the 'Logging in...' messages keeps running forever, I'm implementing a retry feature.
It pretty much works and should solve the issue.
Damn you're fast. I only mentioned that idea last night, unless you had it planned all along.
The notifications don't seem to be working right on my phone (Droid X).
1) When I disconnect the notification is still active.
2) The notification can be removed/is cleared when I hit clear in the notification bar.
Ninja'd but yeah
Yeah, the notification is just made when the app first connects, and doesn't remove itself when connection is lost. It would be nice if the notification was present only while the app was connected to steam (you are "online") and the if the icon could possibly change (maybe to a little white envelop) when you receive a new message.
Add that to the notification's flags.Code:Notification.FLAG_ONGOING_EVENT;
I love this app! Finally a mobile steam chat app.
Any chance of getting group chat on here?
How do you put in your infomation?
As in, just any password? Fair enough.
I'm doing something with the old server, assuming it still works.
I haven't been able to get this to work for the past couple days. It's been buggy at best. Sometimes it will connect to Steam fine but won't show any notification (that it connected). Other times it'll sit at Logging In... until I close the app (still doesn't work). The permanent notification also doesn't work.
Ha this is fantastic! Now I can be online forever; great work The Mad Man.
Can connect and chat fine with the expected delay. Wish it only showed the friends that are online though, takes a few minutes to load all of the offline ones as well.
It's been a while since I could work on the project because I'm busy with school.
Anyway, I'm having the logging problem myself, I'm hoping to solve the issue within the next week.
Side note, I've disabled the encryption in the server (only running it on localhost, so that's fine for debugging purposes), but upon trying to connect (from looking at the code, it seems space seperated username password authcode followed by a newline is how this is achieved), I simply get a disconnected callback.
I think he wants to install Google OS on it. wai..
this needs to be ported to iOS devices ASAP. just saying
That or it's related to the ChromeOS thing he's got going on, though that's less likely.