SourceChinese media is reportedly rabid with disgust over an alleged Sydney train assault involving Chinese international students, reports say.
Six people, aged between 14 and 18, have been charged with a range of robbery and assault offences after an incident allegedly occurred between Sydney's Central and Rockdale stations at 12.30am on Tuesday morning.
A Chinese student currently undertaking a Masters degree at the University of Technology took to the social media site Weibo claiming he and his friend had been victims of a brutal attack that included racial taunts.
A translation from the student's blog on the Chinese social media site reportedly said: "I really wish all of this is just a nightmare. However, the smell of blood in my mouth and body pains reminds me that this city is so dangerous.
"A gang of hooligans attacked us. Our noses are fractured and our bodies are covered in blood. My friend's cheekbone was crushed. They attacked us with glass and burnt us with lit cigarettes. My face is burnt and totally disfigured! Worst of all, I really hated their racist comments.
"They were calling us Asian dogs and pussies while they were beating us. When my friend tried to wipe blood from his nose, a teenaged girl stuffed my friend's mouth with her tampon removed from her pants."
Another woman passenger, who was also targeted by the thieves, allegedly told the attackers to "rob them, they are Asian and they have got money".
The post has spread across the internet after 10,000 re-tweets soon followed by Chinese students expressing their disgust rampantly online.
The incident is said to have made headlines across China's mainstream media like the Shanghai Daily and Sina.
Former foreign minister Kevin Rudd has reportedly become involved in the aftermath of a violent Sydney train assault.
It has been reported that Rudd told one of his Weibo online followers that he "will try to approach the police and department of education."
Chinese consular officials have also publicly expressed their support for the students and are said to have met at the Consulate General in Sydney this morning to discuss the incident.
The Chinese embassy in Canberra issued two safety warnings for Chinese citizens travelling in Australia recently.
It is understood that the two student victims were treated at St George Hospital in Sydney's south-west.