Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is an upcoming American film directed by Edgar Wright based on the comic book series Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O'Malley. The film is about Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) meeting the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). In order to win Ramona over, Scott learns that he must battle Ramona's seven evil exes, who are coming to kill him.
* Michael Cera as Scott W. Pilgrim
* Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona Victoria Flowers, Scott's love interest
* Kieran Culkin as Wallace Wells
* Alison Pill as Kim Pine
* Mark Webber as Stephen Stills
* Johnny Simmons as "Young" Neil Nordegraf
* Anna Kendrick as Stacey Pilgrim
* Ellen Wong as Knives Chau. Knives is Scott's ex-girlfriend who is still obsessed with him.
* Satya Bhabha as Matthew Patel
* Chris Evans as Lucas Lee
* Brandon Routh as Todd Ingram
* Mae Whitman as Roxy Richter
* Shota Saito as Kyle Katayanagi
* Keita Saito as Ken Katayanagi
* Jason Schwartzman as Gideon Gordon Graves
* Brie Larson as Natalie "Envy" Adams. One of Scott Pilgrim's ex-girlfriends who has become a famous pop star.
* Erik Knudsen as Luke "Crash" Wilson
* Aubrey Plaza as Julie Powers
* Tennessee Thomas as Lynette Guycott
* Jean Yoon as Mrs. Chau
*Scott W. Pilgrim is the 23-year-old protagonist. He is the bass player for the band Sex Bob-omb with his friends Stephen Stills and Kim Pine. Though initially an unemployed slacker, he later gets a job as a dish washer (and food prep trainee) at The Happy Avocado vegetarian restaurant. The character's name was inspired by the song "Scott Pilgrim" from Plumtree's 1998 album Predicts the Future. He believes that smoking is evil, and claims not to drink, though flashbacks show him drunk and he later begins drinking socially. Scott seems to suffer from memory problems, which his friends chock up to his stupidity.Though the memory problems began after his break up with Envy Adams whom he dated through college. The series also references a mysterious "dark side" of Scott's personality which he avoids as much as possible. He is initially devastated by his break up with Envy Adams, and begins dating Knives Chau before meeting Ramona. The two begin dating, but Scott is plagued by Ramona's elusive past and her "7 evil exes" led by the mysterious "Gideon", all of whom challenge him in succession for the right to date her. So far he has defeated all of Ramona's 7 evil exes. Scott obtained a new sword called the, "Power of Understanding" after realizing he is no better than Gideon when it comes to relationships.
Ramona Victoria Flowers is an American expatriate from New York and "ninja delivery girl" for Amazon.ca. She is 24 years old and Scott's main love interest. She reveals very little and is very guarded about her past in New York before she moved to Toronto. She is capable of traveling through subspace and has seven evil exes who challenge Scott for her affection. When fighting, she typically uses an oversized mallet as her weapon, which she can retrieve from her purse through the use of subspace. She changes her hairstyle frequently and becomes anxious when Gideon is mentioned or brought up. Her head glows periodically, usually when she is upset or jealous, though she herself is unaware of this until Kim Pine brings attention to it in volume 5. Ramona now owns Scott's old sword "Power of Love".
Wallace Wells is Scott's "cool gay roommate". He is 25 years old and first met Scott in college. Compared to Scott, Wallace is more responsible and mature, holding down a job and paying for most of their expenses while they lived together; most of their apartment's furniture and possessions belong to Wallace and likewise during a grocery shopping trip, most of the items (and all the luxuries) are labeled as for Wallace. Wallace usually serves as Scott's mentor during his trials, assisting Scott with training for his fights against Ramona's exes and gathering intel on them. He dates and later moves in with his "psychic" boyfriend, Mobile. The character was inspired by O'Malley's former roommate Christopher Butcher, the co-founder of PopImage and PreviewsReview.
Knives Chau, 18 years old, is a Chinese-Canadian high school girl and self-described "Scottaholic". Scott dated her for a short while, but broke up with her after he met Ramona (though he initially "forgets" to break up with her). Initially a quiet, typical school girl, after their break-up, she cut and dyed her hair and changed her clothing style, hoping to win Scott back by becoming more of a hipster. Her discovery that Scott was cheating on her with Ramona causes tension between the two girls, sometimes culminating in actual fights, though later the two reach a level of acceptance of one another. She starts dating Sex Bob-omb's groupie Young Neil, although she is still in love with Scott. She and Young Neil later break up, but Knives still hangs out with the group, and by Volume 5 has developed a possibly mutual attraction to Stephen Stills. She used to idolize Envy Adams, based on her success as a musician and her former relationship with Scott, but is soon disenchanted when Envy has her drummer Lynette punch Knives hard enough to knock the highlights out of her hair. Knives' father becomes aware of Scott's past relationship with his daughter, causing him to hunt him down and try to kill him, though Scott later earns his acceptance. Knives becomes aware of her father's plot when Scott tries to hide in the Second Cup, where Knives is newly employed. In the Vol 6, Knives is going off to college. Scott and Knives reconciliate with each other and remain friends.
Ramona's Evil Exes
The League of Evil Exes was founded when Ramona left Gideon for Toronto. When he finds her six other exes online, he manipulates them into believing it's Ramona's fault she left them. He uses their anger to mould them in the shape of evil. They believe this to be a plan to get revenge on her, but Gideon's secret intention is to use Ramona's ability of sub-space travel to manipulate the minds of everyone in the world. The team was founded two weeks prior to Vol. 1.
* 1. Matthew Patel is Ramona's first evil ex-boyfriend. According to Ramona, they only kissed once, and broke up after about a week. He is Indian, has mystical powers and can summon "Demon Hipster Chicks" at will. Scott gets $2.10 for defeating him.
* 2. Lucas Lee is Ramona's second evil ex-boyfriend, a pro skateboarder turned movie star (and a "sell out"). Scott gets $14 in coins and a mithril skateboard (that he can't use since he lacks a skateboarding proficiency) for defeating him. He is named after pro skateboarder turned actor Jason Lee.
* 3. Todd Ingram is Ramona's third evil ex-boyfriend. He is a bass player for The Clash At Demonhead. He has special "vegan-based" psychic powers (although he is secretly consuming non-vegan foods). He is arrogant, narcissistic, uncaring, and a habitual liar. He dates Envy, his childhood love, but cheats on her repeatedly with Lynette, the band's drummer, as well as with other girls. He is caught by the Vegan Police for breaking his diet, and has his powers taken away, giving Scott the edge. Scott gets some money (again in coins) plus an extra life when he defeats him.
* 4. Roxanne "Roxie" Richter is Ramona's fourth evil ex, an ex-girlfriend, and her former college roommate. She is a "half-ninja" and an accomplished fine artist, who taught Ramona much of what she knows in terms of her ninja abilities and subspace. Roxie has an inferiority complex over her "half-ninja" background, as well as her figure. She claims Scott is a "pussy" who refuses to fight his own battles, prompting Scott to finally mature in his relationship with Ramona, gaining a sword and "The Power of Love". When defeated by Scott, she explodes into a cascade of woodland creatures, a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog.
* 5. & 6. Kyle & Ken Katayanagi are Ramona's fifth and sixth evil ex-boyfriends, a pair of Japanese twins who often finish each other's sentences. The pair are "expert roboticists" who summon robots to fight Scott. They vowed to work together closely once the pair realized Ramona had been cheating on them with each other. The twins capture Kim Pine to lure Scott to them, pointing out in the meantime that Kim may still be in love with Scott. Scott defeats them and gets $79.95 for Ken, $74.95 for Kyle, and a $2 twins bonus (again all in coins) after defeating them. He also unlocks an achievement for defeating them simultaneously.
* 7. Gideon Gordon Graves is the leader of the League of Ramona's Evil Ex-Boyfriends and suggested to be Ramona's boyfriend previous to Scott, in New York City. He is mentioned several times throughout the series, but never seen fully until the end of Volume 3. He is the owner of "The Chaos Theater" (A reference to EarthBound), in NYC and "GGG Heavy Industries," which is opening "Chaos Theater Toronto". Ramona has also "worked" for him previously in an unknown capacity, and he eventually makes contact with Scott. There is also a small cat living at Ramona's house by the same name, though the cat is revealed to only be named as such by Ramona as a way of dealing with the break up. Gideon finally appears in the last volume as an inventor and club entrepreneur who is opening a new club, Club Chaos, in Toronto. He begins a relationship with Envy, promoting her new solo album and setting her debut up as his club's opening act. During this time, he meets up with Scott, who flees instead of fighting him, though their altercation is inevitable. He has apparent control over subspace, a side effect of his ability to induce "emotional warfare," which essentially traps one in thier mind with their psychological issues. He is also able to steal Scott's Power of Love katana, and proves to be a competent swordsman. Upon his defeat, he showers $7,777,777.00 (once more, in coins) over Club Chaos.
The songs by Sex Bob-omb and Crash and the Boys in the film were written by Beck and Broken Social Scene respectively. The soundtrack for the film will be released August 10 by ABKCO Records on vinyl and compact disc. A deluxe version of the soundtrack will be released on September 7, 2010.
1. We Are Sex Bob-Omb Sex Bob-Omb
2. Scott Pilgrim - Plumtree
3. I Heard Ramona Sing - Frank Black
4. By Your Side - Beachwood Sparks
5. O Katrina! - Black Lips
6. Im So Sad, So Very, Very Sad Crash and the Boys
7. We Hate You Please Die - Crash and the Boys
8. Garbage Truck Sex Bob-Omb
9. Teenage Dream - T. Rex
10. Sleazy Bed Track - The Bluetones
11. Its Getting Boring By The Sea - Blood Red Shoes
12. Black Sheep - Metric
13. Threshold Sex Bob-Omb
14. Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl - Broken Social Scene
15. Under My Thumb - The Rolling Stones
16. Ramona (Acoustic) - Beck
17. Ramona - Beck
18. Summertime Sex Bob-Omb
19. Threshold 8 bit - Brian LeBarton
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game is an upcoming side-scrolling beat 'em up game based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels by Bryan Lee O'Malley, tying in with the upcoming movie, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It is being published by Ubisoft and developed by Ubisoft Montreal with Ubisoft Chengdu. The game was first announced at Comic Con 2009 in July 2009.It will be released for PlayStation Network on August 10, 2010, and Xbox Live Arcade on August 25, 2010.